Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    Just finished watching FLCL, not sure what to make of it at all! I enjoyed it quite a bit though, despite the really confusing storyline. Can't say the same for End of Evangelion though
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Attempt 2 at watching Nodame Cantabile! I watched (and really liked) the first episode ~two years ago, but got distracted by some other series, and eventually I couldn't remember what happened in the first ep in any detail, so it ended up back on my want to watch pile. Hopefully that won't happen again. :p:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Any other animes like HxH and Nanatsu no Taizai? I'm looking for badass Meliodas level strength, or Killua like moments xD
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You're badass when you bump fists with a guy and his arm gets disfigured. You're badass when you break a giant castle arm wrestling, you're badass when you split a mountain with a twig.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdwardElric)
    Just finished watching FLCL, not sure what to make of it at all! I enjoyed it quite a bit though, despite the really confusing storyline. Can't say the same for End of Evangelion though
    Yup, FLCL is one crazy, whacky, zany ride.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omar717)
    Yup, FLCL is one crazy, whacky, zany ride.
    You can say that again I had heard that it was very bizzare, but I wasn't expecting what I got at all.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Imperion)
    Any other animes like HxH and Nanatsu no Taizai? I'm looking for badass Meliodas level strength, or Killua like moments xD
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You're badass when you bump fists with a guy and his arm gets disfigured. You're badass when you break a giant castle arm wrestling, you're badass when you split a mountain with a twig.
    I held off on replying since I haven't watched many shounen battle anime, but since it's been a few days and nobody more knowledgeable has responded, I'll try my best...

The first shows that spring to mind are the obvious ones, Dragon Ball and One Piece, worth a look if you haven't already watched them and aren't put off by the length. Aside from that, Toriko and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (particularly the first of the David Production TV series, where combat was more hand-to-hand instead of stand-to-stand :p: ) also feature ridiculously strong characters.

Another show that might be worth looking into is Yu Yu Hakusho, from the same creator as Hunter x Hunter. I've heard they're similar, though I've not watched Yu Yu Hakusho myself yet. :dontknow:

Hope these recommendations are of use to you, as this really isn't my genre. :o:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I think Hibike! Euphonium could possibly become my favourite KyoAni series.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Magi : The Labyrinth of Magic is a pretty good battle shounen, it has a lot of fantasy elements in it. It's not as good as Hunter x Hunter though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdwardElric)
    Magi : The Labyrinth of Magic is a pretty good battle shounen, it has a lot of fantasy elements in it. It's not as good as Hunter x Hunter though
    Read the manga but not watched it.

(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I held off on replying since I haven't watched many shounen battle anime, but since it's been a few days and nobody more knowledgeable has responded, I'll try my best...

The first shows that spring to mind are the obvious ones, Dragon Ball and One Piece, worth a look if you haven't already watched them and aren't put off by the length. Aside from that, Toriko and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (particularly the first of the David Production TV series, where combat was more hand-to-hand instead of stand-to stand :p: ) also feature ridiculously strong characters.

Another show that might be worth looking into is Yu Yu Hakusho, from the same creator as Hunter x Hunter. I've heard they're similar, though I've not watched Yu Yu Hakusho myself yet. :dontknow:

Hope these recommendations are of use to you, as this really isn't my genre. :o:
    Watched DB and One piece. I just started Jojo's though mostly I think it's the one where the it's stand-to-stand. Definitely going to check out Toriko and Yu Yu (should have been obvious for me to watch it ) Thanks
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I offered to tag the manga Come to the Infirmary for Anime-Planet, but I mentioned that I might take a while to do so because I'd already overspent on manga this month (buying Croquis, also for tagging). Next thing I know, I've got a gift card for emanga.com waiting in my email inbox, courtesy of the site owner. :zomg: Needless to say I read and tagged it ASAP, but there's enough on the gift card for one or two other books, so I'll have to put some thought into what to get next.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't posted in this thread in ages!

I'm currently watching Kino's Journey and I'm really liking it. I love anime like this - it just feels like a real separate world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Attempt 2 at watching Nodame Cantabile! I watched (and really liked) the first episode ~two years ago, but got distracted by some other series, and eventually I couldn't remember what happened in the first ep in any detail, so it ended up back on my want to watch pile. Hopefully that won't happen again. :p:
    I'll be watching that sometime soon, perhaps even next. It seems to be quite highly regarded so I'm looking forward to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Recently started Nana, Bakuman and Baccano. All are going pretty strong so far. Watched Death Parade this week too, I enjoyed it a lot.

I've got a small backlog of shows I've started but not finished, anyone fancy convincing me to finish any of them? I like them all so far so I will eventually get around to all of them but I need to prioritise.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Chihayafuru
    Diamond no Ace
    Hanasaku Iroha
    Kill la Kill
    Monster
    Natsume Yuujinchou
    Nichijou
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan
    How can you watch so many anime simultaneously :O?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    How can you watch so many anime simultaneously :O?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not watching them simultaneously, they're just the shows I started but never got around to finishing.

ReputationRep:
    Read the manga but not watched it.

Watched DB and One piece. I just started Jojo's though mostly I think it's the one where the it's stand-to-stand. Definitely going to check out Toriko and Yu Yu (should have been obvious for me to watch it ) Thanks
    Try Kenichi, Inuyasha, full metal alchemist, d gray man and soul eater when you get the chance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not watching them simultaneously, they're just the shows I started but never got around to finishing.
    Ah ok 😀 Baccano is one of my all time favourite anime; have fun watching it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    Ah ok 😀 Baccano is one of my all time favourite anime; have fun watching it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I finished Baccano a couple of days ago, it was very good.

ReputationRep:
    I finished Baccano a couple of days ago, it was very good.
    In Nana - the two main characters really irritated me, especially the "girly" one aside from that it was decent character mix though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ki Yung Na)
    In Nana - the two main characters really irritated me, especially the "girly" one aside from that it was decent character mix though
    I like the black haired Nana but the other one is slightly annoying. Shoji is the only character I don't like so far. The rest of the cast is good.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.