Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaihiwatari)
    My first anime was outlaw star, first time i saw a naked woman as well, I've never looked back since then😎😎😎😎
    Hahahaaa :five: ma maaan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdwardElric)
    I remember watching Doraemon when I was on holiday in Italy (I was like 11) and I remember really enjoying it, despite not knowing that it was an anime at all. The Italian dub wasn't half bad either.

If we're talking about my first anime that I started when I became a fan, that would be Magi : The Labyrinth of Magic, which I watched around July 2014.
    Dubbed? I hate dubbed shows? It takes the emotion oit of it and makes it looks less genuine.

Do you watch magi dubbed? And hows Magi going for you?

Yh I've always thought about watching magi, but im not really sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abzey_97)
    Dubbed? I hate dubbed shows? It takes the emotion oit of it and makes it looks less genuine.

Do you watch magi dubbed? And hows Magi going for you?

Yh I've always thought about watching magi, but im not really sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It honestly depends on the dub, in my opinion. Granted, I usually watch anime subbed, however some anime like Cowboy Bebop, Baccano! Fate/Zero, Stand Alone Complex, and Fullmetal Alchemist all have very good dubs.

I finished Magi a while ago, it's alright but I'm sure there are better anime out there that you could be watching.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Anyone seen Otome Yokai Zakuro? Just finished episode 2 - I don't really know what to think
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Anyone seen Otome Yokai Zakuro? Just finished episode 2 - I don't really know what to think
    Yeah, I watched it when it aired. All I can really remember was that it had a really colourful palette and that it was enjoyable enough to maintain my interest throughout its run. The romance was cute.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'm hyped for the new anime season, as usual! Waiting on (decent) subs for Gangsta, and three more series that made my shortlist (Chaos Dragon, Aoharu x Kikanjuu and Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace) air tonight. :excited:

I also finally got around to the Gatchaman Crowds Insight: Inbound special, which served as a great reintroduction to the series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I'm hyped for the new anime season, as usual! Waiting on (decent) subs for Gangsta, and three more series that made my shortlist (Chaos Dragon, Aoharu x Kikanjuu and Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace) air tonight. :excited:
    I also finally got around to the Gatchaman Crowds Insight: Inbound special, which served as a great reintroduction to the series.
    Gangsta looks interesting!

ReputationRep:

LOL
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    And the first anime series to make my Summer 2015 lineup is... Tide-Line Blue, a show from Summer 2005 that I've decided to throw in as an experiment, to mark my 10th year as an anime fan. I'll be watching it one episode a week and treating it like any other currently airing series in my blog rankings, so we'll see how that goes.

An all-round brilliant first episode! I was prepared to go a bit easy on it animation-wise, but it looked as good (if not better) than many recent series, barring some clunky CGI. And thanks to a HDTV release, I can watch it in glorious 810p (whatever that is :p: ) Post-apocalyptic submarine warfare is definitely the type of premise that would have made me look forward to it if it was all-new, and it's been compared to the likes of Eureka Seven and FMA on A-P and MAL. Still, I have to wonder why I'd never heard of it in all this time...

ReputationRep:
    Second season of Knights of Sidonia is on netflix :woo: I have bee waiting for ages for it haha. Looking forward to watching it when I get back from work :grin:

ReputationRep:
    So since the last time of posting here, I've finished Ao Haru Ride which was great Got to ep 9/10 with Yamada-kun, pretty entertaining show :mmm: and started the first couple of eps of Plastic Memories, was not ready for that first ep, so many onions :lolwut:

Yeah I think that was it lol, I really haven't been watching much anime these days :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abzey_97)
    What was the first anime you've ever watched guys?
    And when did you start watching anime?

I know some ppl started from a young age but when we are kids, we don't actually know what we are doing, we just see something cool and attractive and so I mean you actually went out of your way to watch it. Like on your PC on something.

I am curious to know when people started.
    Started watching: January 2014
    First anime: The one and only... Hunter x Hunter 2011 :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know it's weird but for me it was a girls anime,Tokyo Mew Mew and I still have fond memories of it.I still crush on the characters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I know it's weird but for me it was a girls anime,Tokyo Mew Mew and I still have fond memories of it.I still crush on the characters.
    That was my first anime as well xD It seems so long ago now xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HyruleTenshi)
    That was my first anime as well xD It seems so long ago now xD
    That was one of mine too, but it wasn't my first ;p

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My first that I seriously watched was attack on titan Tbh I just wanted to see why it was so hyped at the time, and it was pretty awesome
    By the end it had me thinking damn anime can be really good and I was hooked. Pretty soon I started reading manga too aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone finding the summer season shows so far? I've only seen Gangsta so far but it looks fairly promising. I'll catch up on Durarara!! and Charlotte later today.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by EdwardElric)
    How's everyone finding the summer season shows so far? I've only seen Gangsta so far but it looks fairly promising. I'll catch up on Durarara!! and Charlotte later today.
    I've been posting my thoughts in the preview thread - absolutely amazing season so far. Rokka no Yuusha, Gangsta and Symphogear GX have been the highlights for me so far, and even most of the shows I've dropped looked like they had some potential.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I've been posting my thoughts in the preview thread - absolutely amazing season so far. Rokka no Yuusha, Gangsta and Symphogear GX have been the highlights for me so far, and even most of the shows I've dropped looked like they had some potential.
    When do they tend to release the Autumn titles? :holmes:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    When do they tend to release the Autumn titles? :holmes:
    First week or two of October. :yes:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    First week or two of October. :yes:
    Whaaaaaaa.... That's aaaaaaagesssss! :zomg:

I'll just stick with what rubbish CR has to offer :getmecoat:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.