The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kalail
Would anyone recommend the anime 'The Betrayal Knows My Name'?

Original post by Kalail

Original post by Kalail

Original post by Kalail
Can anyone recommend The betrayal know my name?

I haven't watched it, but I'm sure someone will get back to you if they have.
Original post by Kalail
Can anyone recommend The betrayal know my name?

I guess I would, if borderline Yaoi was your thing. The Betrayal Knows My Name’s story is what you would expect from a shoujo title, there is a lot of angst and all of the characters have a great deal of personal pain to deal with. Along with much of the cast, they have relationships that borderline on “boy’s love” without actually going that far, although they do have strong feelings towards their partners and Yuki. The characters may come across as a little bit depressing at times, because it is an emotional story, but nothing messed up and cryptic like... say, Neon Genesis Evangelion or Serial Experiments Lain.

There is quite a bit of action, which gets choreographed rather well and the animation itself is pretty decent, so it's not a bad series... but one I'd stream rather than watch. All-in-all The Betrayal Knows My Name is an interesting and dark shoujo series that offers some great action as well as a serious and emotional story.

Personally, the manga is worth a read too, though I've only ever got past the first volume or so. Gotta love that super-detailed art.

Hope this helps!
(edited 8 years ago)
It does. I shall give it a watch
Check out my new patreon page

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=278138&ty=h
(edited 8 years ago)
I completed Kino's Journey. Man was it good. :smile:

If anyone wants to watch something episodic but abstract and consistent in storytelling then I recommend this. It's pretty short too at 13 episodes.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone else prefer kaneki (with white hair) over Haise? Haise is too boring.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone else prefer kaneki (with white hair) over Haise? Haise is too boring.

I do, Kaneki (alter) has quite the cool character design. Also he's less of a whiny $%^"& than he was before.
Chaos Dragon is being destroyed in Anime Planet's ratings. Is it that bad? I haven't started watching it yet and I'm wondering if I actually should.

Gangsta has started fairly well; I'm not desperate for the next episode but it's a comfortable watch. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with gangsters though.

Rokka no Yuusha and Charlotte are the other two I've started, which both had good and bad points but plenty of potential there in each of them. Looking forward to episode 2 of them both.

God Eater postponed and no Dragon Ball Super dub in sight, so those 3 are all I'm watching currently.
dont bother with chaos dragon, the first episode put me off. gangsta seems alright. ive started watching it. OVERLOAD seems like its going to be really big. can anyone pm me a good website?
Original post by xDave-
Chaos Dragon is being destroyed in Anime Planet's ratings. Is it that bad? I haven't started watching it yet and I'm wondering if I actually should.

I'm finding it enjoyable enough personally, though I do have a weakness for anything with a fantasy setting. The exposition in the first episode could have been a lot better (felt quite forced and rushed), but the animation is decent enough, and it’s already shown potential to be very dark. Now that most of the introductory stuff is out of the way, I'm optimistic it'll improve.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Done D grayman at last! I heard a new season 3 is coming, can't wait!
Guys recommend me an anime!
I like the fantasy/shonen genre

Posted from TSR Mobile
With the new Heaven's Feel route coming soon, what do Fate fans think about Type-Moon's decision to animate all the different routes for the Fate/Stay Night series? I just think it's odd to have a string of well animated series and have the original 2006 version just... meh. It seems like it'll become saturated at some point, because a lot of points will be repeated over and over again, and despite the different endings and whatnot, won't the viewers get bored?
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Guys recommend me an anime!
I like the fantasy/shonen genre

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try Guilty Crown. It is fantasy, somewhat, but leaning more towards a dystopian, sci-fi anime more than anything. Not sure if that's up your alley.

A good fantasy/shonen anime would be Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan). It is so well animated and fits the fantasy theme with titans and the like (?).

anyway, I'll leave you to decide. The summary of each anime can be found here:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10793/Guilty_Crown

and here:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/16498/Shingeki_no_Kyojin
Original post by Judge Jasel
With the new Heaven's Feel route coming soon, what do Fate fans think about Type-Moon's decision to animate all the different routes for the Fate/Stay Night series? I just think it's odd to have a string of well animated series and have the original 2006 version just... meh. It seems like it'll become saturated at some point, because a lot of points will be repeated over and over again, and despite the different endings and whatnot, won't the viewers get bored?

Heaven's Feel is going to be a movie not a series:tongue:.
Original post by Red Fox

Oh no, I knew, just like how UBW was a movie...but it's still part of that whole collectiveness of the Fate/stay Night franchise.

(I should have probably said "a string of well animated shows :tongue:)
(edited 8 years ago)
I can't believe I missed all of the last season and now i've missed AJ's preview thread which I love! :cry: My spare times been very little again, and the time I do have has been going into games. I've watched a few more episodes of Death note but that's about it. Anything worth watching to ease me back in (already doing Death Note when I can)?

Not sure about the bold bit. Think it'll be a long time away.

They might do Fate yet, who knows.

Original post by Red Fox

It'll probably be a series of movies like Kara no Kyoukai. If it was just one movie then they'd have to leave out 99% of the story and it'd be awful.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
I can't believe I missed all of the last season and now i've missed AJ's preview thread which I love! :cry: My spare times been very little again, and the time I do have has been going into games. I've watched a few more episodes of Death note but that's about it. Anything worth watching to ease me back in (already doing Death Note when I can)?

The thread hasn't gone anywhere if you still want a look. :p:

My favourites from the current season (excluding sequels) are definitely Rokka no Yuusha (recommended if you like action/fantasy) and Gangsta (sex, drugs and a whole lot of violence, you have been warned). Aoharu x Kikanjuu is a lot of fun too, though I've not gotten around to the second episode yet.
Try Guilty Crown. It is fantasy, somewhat, but leaning more towards a dystopian, sci-fi anime more than anything. Not sure if that's up your alley.

A good fantasy/shonen anime would be Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan). It is so well animated and fits the fantasy theme with titans and the like (?).

anyway, I'll leave you to decide. The summary of each anime can be found here:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10793/Guilty_Crown

and here:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/16498/Shingeki_no_Kyojin

Thank you, I really appreciate the reply and I will check out guilty crown.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending