The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

Announcements
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Whaaaaaaa.... That's aaaaaaagesssss! :zomg:

I'll just stick with what rubbish CR has to offer :getmecoat:
    Not interested in anything from the Summer season? :zomg: I still can't get over how good the first few new shows have been!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Not interested in anything from the Summer season? :zomg: I still can't get over how good the first few new shows have been!
    I can only bring myself to watch streams on Crunchyroll so I don't have access to the ''full'' Summer season - can safely say the whole ACS:Law fiasco that occurred between 2009 and 2011 put me off streaming and downloading from third party websites :sadnod: . That, and when MegaUpload got taken down in 2012, put the nail in the coffin

So, with what's on Crunchyroll, my interest in series extend to those with 1 episode aired at the moment . Don't trust a series until about 5 episodes have been released

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    from this morning to now, i marathon Inu x Boku ss
    Anyone seen this, I enjoyed !

gr8 gr8 i r8 this 8/8 ^o^

ReputationRep:
    It's been a long while since I've been here!!!!

For all you EVA fans out there, what do you think about this?

http://www.anime-oz.com/media/catalo...u/c/uccrei.jpg

Back in 2010, when Kotobukiya did a collab with Ueshima Coffee. One of those limited edition Ayanami figures I want to get....

Also, I just wanted to advertise my page (feel free to shout at me if I'm not supposed to), where I do a ton of drawings... some of which are original work, but 100% in my style.

www.facebook.com/bakamangaka-san

ReputationRep:
    I am only 7 episodes into season 2 of knights of sidonia at the mo but I'm a bit worried about this season. Doesn't feel as good as the last series. Plus I have this constant feeling it's going to pull a sword art online on me...............

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judge Jasel)
    It's been a long while since I've been here!!!!

For all you EVA fans out there, what do you think about this?

http://www.anime-oz.com/media/catalo...u/c/uccrei.jpg

Back in 2010, when Kotobukiya did a collab with Ueshima Coffee. One of those limited edition Ayanami figures I want to get....

Also, I just wanted to advertise my page (feel free to shout at me if I'm not supposed to), where I do a ton of drawings... some of which are original work, but 100% in my style.

www.facebook.com/bakamangaka-san
    Slap Evangelion on anything and I will throw money at it. I practically lived off canned coffee, although my personal favourite was the Suntory BLACK BOSS (as endorsed by Tommy Lee Jones).

Those figures are kinda cool, would prefer a sexy hot spring penguin though, or that octahedral shaped angel (which would basically be a paperweight).

Also, your drawing of Elizabeth is really cute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Nombre)
    Slap Evangelion on anything and I will throw money at it. I practically lived off canned coffee, although my personal favourite was the Suntory BLACK BOSS (as endorsed by Tommy Lee Jones).

Those figures are kinda cool, would prefer a sexy hot spring penguin though, or that octahedral shaped angel (which would basically be a paperweight).

Also, your drawing of Elizabeth is really cute.
    pahaha, I know what you mean. I mean, the only way I'd buy those figures is because they are technically limited edition now. And thanks! Be sure to like and share. If I have enough "fans", I might attempt to make manga of my own.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Would anyone recommend the anime 'The Betrayal Knows My Name'?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Can anyone recommend The betrayal know my name?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Kalail)
    I haven't watched it, but I'm sure someone will get back to you if they have.

ReputationRep:
    I guess I would, if borderline Yaoi was your thing. The Betrayal Knows My Name’s story is what you would expect from a shoujo title, there is a lot of angst and all of the characters have a great deal of personal pain to deal with. Along with much of the cast, they have relationships that borderline on “boy’s love” without actually going that far, although they do have strong feelings towards their partners and Yuki. The characters may come across as a little bit depressing at times, because it is an emotional story, but nothing messed up and cryptic like... say, Neon Genesis Evangelion or Serial Experiments Lain.

There is quite a bit of action, which gets choreographed rather well and the animation itself is pretty decent, so it's not a bad series... but one I'd stream rather than watch. All-in-all The Betrayal Knows My Name is an interesting and dark shoujo series that offers some great action as well as a serious and emotional story.

Personally, the manga is worth a read too, though I've only ever got past the first volume or so. Gotta love that super-detailed art.

Hope this helps!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    It does. I shall give it a watch

ReputationRep:
    Check out my new patreon page

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=278138&ty=h

ReputationRep:
    I completed Kino's Journey. Man was it good.

If anyone wants to watch something episodic but abstract and consistent in storytelling then I recommend this. It's pretty short too at 13 episodes.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Does anyone else prefer kaneki (with white hair) over Haise? Haise is too boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Does anyone else prefer kaneki (with white hair) over Haise? Haise is too boring.

I do, Kaneki (alter) has quite the cool character design. Also he's less of a whiny $%^"& than he was before.

ReputationRep:
    Chaos Dragon is being destroyed in Anime Planet's ratings. Is it that bad? I haven't started watching it yet and I'm wondering if I actually should.

Gangsta has started fairly well; I'm not desperate for the next episode but it's a comfortable watch. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with gangsters though.

Rokka no Yuusha and Charlotte are the other two I've started, which both had good and bad points but plenty of potential there in each of them. Looking forward to episode 2 of them both.

God Eater postponed and no Dragon Ball Super dub in sight, so those 3 are all I'm watching currently.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.