Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    dont bother with chaos dragon, the first episode put me off. gangsta seems alright. ive started watching it. OVERLOAD seems like its going to be really big. can anyone pm me a good website?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Chaos Dragon is being destroyed in Anime Planet's ratings. Is it that bad? I haven't started watching it yet and I'm wondering if I actually should.
    I'm finding it enjoyable enough personally, though I do have a weakness for anything with a fantasy setting. The exposition in the first episode could have been a lot better (felt quite forced and rushed), but the animation is decent enough, and it’s already shown potential to be very dark. Now that most of the introductory stuff is out of the way, I'm optimistic it'll improve.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Done D grayman at last! I heard a new season 3 is coming, can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    Guys recommend me an anime!
    I like the fantasy/shonen genre

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    With the new Heaven's Feel route coming soon, what do Fate fans think about Type-Moon's decision to animate all the different routes for the Fate/Stay Night series? I just think it's odd to have a string of well animated series and have the original 2006 version just... meh. It seems like it'll become saturated at some point, because a lot of points will be repeated over and over again, and despite the different endings and whatnot, won't the viewers get bored?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    Guys recommend me an anime!
    I like the fantasy/shonen genre

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Try Guilty Crown. It is fantasy, somewhat, but leaning more towards a dystopian, sci-fi anime more than anything. Not sure if that's up your alley.

A good fantasy/shonen anime would be Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan). It is so well animated and fits the fantasy theme with titans and the like (?).

anyway, I'll leave you to decide. The summary of each anime can be found here:
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/10793/Guilty_Crown

and here:
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/16498/Shingeki_no_Kyojin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judge Jasel)
    With the new Heaven's Feel route coming soon, what do Fate fans think about Type-Moon's decision to animate all the different routes for the Fate/Stay Night series? I just think it's odd to have a string of well animated series and have the original 2006 version just... meh. It seems like it'll become saturated at some point, because a lot of points will be repeated over and over again, and despite the different endings and whatnot, won't the viewers get bored?
    Heaven's Feel is going to be a movie not a series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Oh no, I knew, just like how UBW was a movie...but it's still part of that whole collectiveness of the Fate/stay Night franchise.

(I should have probably said "a string of well animated shows )

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe I missed all of the last season and now i've missed AJ's preview thread which I love! :cry: My spare times been very little again, and the time I do have has been going into games. I've watched a few more episodes of Death note but that's about it. Anything worth watching to ease me back in (already doing Death Note when I can)?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure about the bold bit. Think it'll be a long time away.

They might do Fate yet, who knows.

(Original post by Red Fox)
    It'll probably be a series of movies like Kara no Kyoukai. If it was just one movie then they'd have to leave out 99% of the story and it'd be awful.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    I can't believe I missed all of the last season and now i've missed AJ's preview thread which I love! :cry: My spare times been very little again, and the time I do have has been going into games. I've watched a few more episodes of Death note but that's about it. Anything worth watching to ease me back in (already doing Death Note when I can)?
    The thread hasn't gone anywhere if you still want a look. :p:

My favourites from the current season (excluding sequels) are definitely Rokka no Yuusha (recommended if you like action/fantasy) and Gangsta (sex, drugs and a whole lot of violence, you have been warned). Aoharu x Kikanjuu is a lot of fun too, though I've not gotten around to the second episode yet.

ReputationRep:
    Try Guilty Crown. It is fantasy, somewhat, but leaning more towards a dystopian, sci-fi anime more than anything. Not sure if that's up your alley.

A good fantasy/shonen anime would be Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan). It is so well animated and fits the fantasy theme with titans and the like (?).

anyway, I'll leave you to decide. The summary of each anime can be found here:
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/10793/Guilty_Crown

and here:
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/16498/Shingeki_no_Kyojin
    Thank you, I really appreciate the reply and I will check out guilty crown.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the best time to watch the Inuyasha films is to compare with the rest of the series?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NekoJyo)
    Does anyone know when the best time to watch the Inuyasha films is to compare with the rest of the series?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good question; I'd like to know this too!

ReputationRep:
    Death Note seems to be picking up after its start. I love the amount of game theory going on in it, hurts your head to a point.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by NekoJyo)
    (Original post by Ki Yung Na)
    Good question; I'd like to know this too!
    I've yet to watch Inuyasha, but a Google search brought up the following guide:

Episodes 1 - 54
    Movie 1
    Episodes 55 - 95
    Movie 2
    Episodes 96 - 136
    Movie 3
    Episodes 137 - 167
    Movie 4

Source: http://furinkan.com/iycompanion/misc/faq.html#Q18

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)

Episodes 1 - 54
    Movie 1
    Episodes 55 - 95
    Movie 2
    Episodes 96 - 136
    Movie 3
    Episodes 137 - 167
    Movie 4

Thanks AJ!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)

Episodes 1 - 54
    Movie 1
    Episodes 55 - 95
    Movie 2
    Episodes 96 - 136
    Movie 3
    Episodes 137 - 167
    Movie 4

Thank you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm guys I remember watching an anime about acting...pretty old I believe

So this girl is like really good at acting, every time she acts immensely into it...

One episode...she was in like an audition...she had to act out as a blind kid playing with toys. There was toys around her...but instead she played with her thumbs because she cannot see thus how would she know there are toys around her. This wowed the judges etc

Not sure if u no which one meh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makashima)
    Hmmm guys I remember watching an anime about acting...pretty old I believe

So this girl is like really good at acting, every time she acts immensely into it...

One episode...she was in like an audition...she had to act out as a blind kid playing with toys. There was toys around her...but instead she played with her thumbs because she cannot see thus how would she know there are toys around her. This wowed the judges etc

Not sure if u no which one meh
    I haven't actually seen it myself yet, but is it Glass Mask? That's the only older show about acting I can think of.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.