Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judge Jasel)
    Sorry for the slow reply. Don't think we ever will....unless the anime staff shift their butts. I wish they would make one though, DtB seems like an anime that cries for Season 3.
    DTB is such an interesting anime.One of the best anime in its genre,I really hope for a season 3 but I feel like its not going to happen.
    Im even more impressed by the fact it didnt have a manga before it,the writer and developers did a great job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    DTB is such an interesting anime.One of the best anime in its genre,I really hope for a season 3 but I feel like its not going to happen.
    Im even more impressed by the fact it didnt have a manga before it,the writer and developers did a great job.
    It really was, quite rare to see an anime series pull a stunt like that, but it worked out really well in their favour. I think if they're ever making a new season, they'll want to wait until they have sufficient new material to work with (i.e. more manga chapters). Just because it hasn't been announced, doesn't mean it can't happen

ReputationRep:
    5 centimetres per second is quite intriguing. Not sure what to make of it....

ReputationRep:
    5 centimetres per second is quite intriguing. Not sure what to make of it....
    I really liked it after watching it again recently, the first time I watched it I was a bit unsure of what to make of it.

ReputationRep:
    Opinions on gangsta, anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    I really liked it after watching it again recently, the first time I watched it I was a bit unsure of what to make of it.
    Haha, exactly how I felt! Wanted to watch more time-wimey stuff because I missed Steins;Gate. But I like the Studio Ghibli quality which shows through.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, exactly how I felt! Wanted to watch more time-wimey stuff because I missed Steins;Gate. But I like the Studio Ghibli quality which shows through.
    Wait are we talking about 5 Centimeters Per Second here? I'm confused:lol:.

ReputationRep:
    Wait are we talking about 5 Centimeters Per Second here? I'm confused:lol:.
    Yeah, we are, sorry, I meant the Ghibli qualities as in, the art director worked with Studio Ghibli once before, so the film is somewhat reminiscent. and I was not supposed to put in steins gate...because girl who leapt through time. Why did I watch so many anime films with bluey covers on?!!?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, we are, sorry, I meant the Ghibli qualities as in, the art director worked for Studio Ghibli, so the film is somewhat reminiscent. and I was not supposed to put in steins gate...because girl who leapt through time
    Haha I get ya, although I haven't watched any Ghibli films except Spirited Away so I can't really comment on that. I do like Shinkai's films though, The Garden of Words is a nice one.

ReputationRep:
    Haha I get ya, although I haven't watched any Ghibli films except Spirited Away so I can't really comment on that. I do like Shinkai's films though, The Garden of Words is a nice one.
    My head is slowly whirling... But both films are now my new non-Ghibli favourites, and I'm now mixing them up. Garden of Words? what's the general plot like?

ReputationRep:
    My head is slowly whirling... But both films are now my new non-Ghibli favourites, and I'm now mixing them up. Garden of Words? what's the general plot like?
    My favourite anime films are Wolf Children and Hotarubi no Mori e.

The Garden of Words is fairly cliché love story but it feels unique in it's own way. It has amazing visuals, even better than 5 Centimetres Per Second and if you didn't like the ending of 5 cm then you'll like this more. It's a nice short film (~40 mins).

ReputationRep:
    My favourite anime films are Wolf Children and Hotarubi no Mori e.

The Garden of Words is fairly cliché love story but it feels unique in it's own way. It has amazing visuals, even better than 5 Centimetres Per Second and if you didn't like the ending of 5 cm then you'll like this more. It's a nice short film (~40 mins).
    Ooh, nice! I might give Garden of Words a try the ending to 5cm was OK... but it did feel a little fluffy. I ended up looking up the meaning behind Takaki and Akari passing each other by at the train tracks.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, nice! I might give Garden of Words a try the ending to 5cm was OK... but it did feel a little fluffy. I ended up looking up the meaning behind Takaki and Akari passing each other by at the train tracks.
    Hotarubi no Mori e is also about 40 minutes long if you want another short watch.

I like the ending. The 2nd episode is often called the most boring part of the movie but I enjoyed it. The first episode with the train journey is by far the best part in my opinion.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    Opinions on gangsta, anyone?
    Very good so far, though it's a bit slower paced than a lot of the new season's other anime. It still feels as though it's in its introductory stages, there's still a lot we don't know about the main characters and the city they live in etc. The combination of action, comedy and the intriguing cast are its strong points, and it gets away with showing a surprising amount of sex, drugs and violence with minimal censorship.

I'd say the Gangsta's main downside is the fact it's airing in the same season as Durarara!!x2 Ten, which is similar but IMO better (due to the larger and more developed cast).
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    I'm finally watching Death Note :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    I'm finally watching Death Note :woo:
    Have fun... I hope it hasn't been spoiled for you.. I was watching it on YouTube and in the suggested videos there was a major spoiler 😲

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Very good so far, though it's a bit slower paced than a lot of the new season's other anime. It still feels as though it's in its introductory stages, there's still a lot we don't know about the main characters and the city they live in etc. The combination of action, comedy and the intriguing cast are its strong points, and it gets away with showing a surprising amount of sex, drugs and violence with minimal censorship.

I'd say the Gangsta's main downside is the fact it's airing in the same season as Durarara!!x2 Ten, which is similar but IMO better (due to the larger and more developed cast).
    Yeah I just finished all 4 episodes and I think durarara is better... But I do want to know more about the city, like the dog tags

Thanks for your reply by the way, I guess it's an anime not many people have seen?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    Yeah I just finished all 4 episodes and I think durarara is better... But I do want to know more about the city, like the dog tags

Thanks for your reply by the way, I guess it's an anime not many people have seen?
    Yeah, Gangsta's doing a good job of keeping my interest by revealing a little bit more each episode, while still keeping all the important stuff a mystery for now.

I don't know about here, but going by viewing counts on A-P, Gangsta is the most watched series of the season. I'm glad to see Rokka no Yuusha in a close second, though!

ReputationRep:
    30 episodes into hajime no ippo and I have to say, its one of the most satisfying animes I've ever watched

ReputationRep:
    Parasyte. It is Excellent. I think it was really good, and even though I couldn't enjoy it as well as I'd have liked to have done because I screwed up the viewing order by taking a huge break during exams, by the time I came to watching the rest of it, I felt it was a bit disjointed and I think the sentimental impact it managed to provoke when I was first watching it wasn't there but by the end it managed to finish it up neatly with some pretty important and meaningful things, I don't know what the popular opinion on it is, and frankly I don't care, but I think it's super cool.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.