Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

• Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by NekoJyo)
    I finished Assassination Classroom a few days ago and I can't get it out of my head. I simply adore Karma.

I'm currently watching XxxHolic (Ep3 Dubbed with my sister), SAO2 (Ep15 also Dubbed and with my sister), Tsubasa Chronicle (Ep 30), Tears to Tiara (Ep 12), Dragonball (Ep 6), Fairy Tail (Ep10), One Piece (Ep77), Inuyasha (Ep73) and Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo (Ep 34).

I aim to finish them all except One Piece (aiming for 250 episodes) and Dragonball (haven't decided how far I'm yet) before the end of summer.
    I've been debating whether to watch Assassination classroom. If it's finished now then I'll definitely take a look.

I've also just started Fairy Tail. I'm enjoying it a lot, it's very similar to Hunter X Hunter, which I also enjoyed
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Just finished Captive Hearts, the first of three manga series I'm expecting to finish in the next few days. Wasn't my cup of tea, it would have made a good one shot or single volume manga, but at five volumes it got boring very fast. Always feels good to support the UK's limited e-manga offerings though, and I also submitted tags for A-P's character database, which was the whole reason I ended up reading it anyway. :yes:

Replacing it in my reading list is Nijiiro Togarashi, which I'm more confident I'll like (Adachi Mitsuru, enough said).

Does anybody have any manga recommendations to replace the other two series I've nearly finished (Liar Game and Savage Garden)? Ideally I'm looking to pick up one 2-9 volume series, and one 10+ volume series. I'm not fussy about genre/demographic, but I am fussy in that I'd strongly prefer series that are finished, and either unlicensed + fully scanlated or licensed and fully available on Kindle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Just finished Captive Hearts, the first of three manga series I'm expecting to finish in the next few days. Wasn't my cup of tea, it would have made a good one shot or single volume manga, but at five volumes it got boring very fast. Always feels good to support the UK's limited e-manga offerings though, and I also submitted tags for A-P's character database, which was the whole reason I ended up reading it anyway. :yes:

Replacing it in my reading list is Nijiiro Togarashi, which I'm more confident I'll like (Adachi Mitsuru, enough said).

Does anybody have any manga recommendations to replace the other two series I've nearly finished (Liar Game and Savage Garden)? Ideally I'm looking to pick up one 2-9 volume series, and one 10+ volume series. I'm not fussy about genre/demographic, but I am fussy in that I'd strongly prefer series that are finished, and either unlicensed + fully scanlated or licensed and fully available on Kindle.
    You could try Orange for the shorter one, it's 5 volumes and ends with the next chapter on 25th August. I like it, it has an interesting premise and is very highly rated.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    You could try Orange for the shorter one, it's 5 volumes and ends with the next chapter on 25th August. I like it, it has an interesting premise and is very highly rated.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I'll probably wait for Seven Seas' release since it's licensed.

ReputationRep:
    I can fire out a list that is definitely finished & scanlated, but I'm not 100% on licensing since I haven't really been keeping track due to the whole lack of money I have!

20th Century Boys
    Pandora Hearts
    Bloody Monday
    Alive - The Final Evolution
    Lucifer & the Biscuit Hammer
    Tokyo Crazy Paradise
    Usotsuki Lily
    Bonnouji
    Nineteen, Twenty-One
    Watashitachi no Shiawase no Jikan
    The Sleepy Residents of Birdcage Manor
    The Rebellious Librarian's Record of Unsolved Cases
    +Anima
    Land of the Blindfolded
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Many thanks! A lot of them are (or at some point were) licensed, but there's a good 4-5 series that fit the bill. A lot of them are woefully under-tagged on A-P, too.

ReputationRep:
    Many thanks! A lot of them are (or at some point were) licensed, but there's a good 4-5 series that fit the bill. A lot of them are woefully under-tagged on A-P, too.
    Oh good. Thought a few of them were probably licensed in some way, but glad there's a few that work for you.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Finished Death Note now :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Hunter x Hunter.I heard alot about this anime,is it as good as everyone says it is ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    How many series and episodes are there? There seems to be 37 episodes of Death Note, is that correct? :holmes:
    Sorry, I didn't see this on time. I use the app so I don't get notifications

There are 37 episodes. I saw that you finished it, what did you think of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Hunter x Hunter.I heard alot about this anime,is it as good as everyone says it is ?
    Yea it's pretty good but I personally hated the chimera arc so I didn't bother with the last one .😣I would give it a go though.

You mean the 2011 remake, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    Sorry, I didn't see this on time. I use the app so I don't get notifications

There are 37 episodes. I saw that you finished it, what did you think of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's really good. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    It's really good. :yep:
    I'm glad you enjoyed it, who was your favourite character? And what do you plan on watching next? 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    I'm glad you enjoyed it, who was your favourite character? And what do you plan on watching next? 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
    L definitely :yep: I'm not sure, think I'll finish of Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds, been a while! Have other tv shows I started but haven't yet finished too

ReputationRep:
    One piece
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Im watching one piece and this guy walked past Nico Robin and said CP9 ,which made her nervous .Who/what is cp9 and how is it related to Nico Robin ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Im watching one piece and this guy walked past Nico Robin and said CP9 ,which made her nervous .Who/what is cp9 and how is it related to Nico Robin ?
    If you're going to spoiler tag something then it helps if you say what anime it's spoiling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    If you're going to spoiler tag something then it helps if you say what anime it's spoiling.
    Oh sorry about that,and its one piece.Ill edit.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It might help if you leave the series title (and for a series as long as One Piece, episode count as well) outside the spoiler tags, so that people don't have to open them to find out what you're talking about. :yes: Beaten to it. :p:

I'm guessing you're near episode 240, start of the Water 7 arc?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If so, you'll find out what CP9 is very soon. Or if you don't care about spoilers for this arc, here's a page on the One Piece Wikia with more info.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/CP9
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Kadak)
    I really liked it, personally. Including (in fact, especially) the Chimera Ant arc. :p: Definitely worth a look if you like longer shounen series. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I really liked it, personally. Including (in fact, especially) the Chimera Ant arc. :p: Definitely worth a look if you like longer shounen series. :yes:
    Lol, was the tongue out aimed at me? 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.