Turn on thread page Beta
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    Lol, was the tongue out aimed at me? 😉
    Just thought I'd offer another opinion since you mentioned skipping the arc, I didn't want Kadak to think it was universally disliked (along the lines of Haruhi Suzumiya's Endless Eight episodes or the Island Arc of Nadia). :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Just thought I'd offer another opinion since you mentioned skipping the arc, I didn't want Kadak to think it was universally disliked (along the lines of Haruhi Suzumiya's Endless Eight episodes or the Island Arc of Nadia). :giggle:
    Should I watch the movie or ONA for Eve no Jikan?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Should I watch the movie or ONA for Eve no Jikan?
    The movie is literally just all the ONA episodes put together, with a few extra scenes added in between. Definitely the better version. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    The movie is literally just all the ONA episodes put together, with a few extra scenes added in between. Definitely the better version. :yes:
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    :desu:

Long time, no see!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    More Attack on Titan anime coming this Autumn... sort of. :p:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ptation/.91125

(Original post by Star-girl)
    :desu:

Long time, no see!
    Long time indeed! :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    Long time indeed! :zomg:
    I hath returned. :cool:

You remembered me! :blush:

As for Attack on Titan. I'm going to start watching it with my sister. Does it live up to the hype I hear about it?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I hath returned. :cool:

You remembered me! :blush:

As for Attack on Titan. I'm going to start watching it with my sister. Does it live up to the hype I hear about it?
    As a fan of action/fantasy anime, I really liked it. High budget, and the characters + titans themselves were really interesting. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    As a fan of action/fantasy anime, I really liked it. High budget, and the characters + titans themselves were really interesting. :yes:
    OK. I look forward to watching it then.

ReputationRep:
    I just started watching Chaos Dragon, and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought it would. I thought it would just be more shonen filler, but there's a certain charm to the show I really like for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    OK. I look forward to watching it then.
    It's a very good show, but I would thoroughly recommend watching it in subs rather than dubbed. It is one of the better dubs out there, but Erens voice is absolutely hideous and ear splitting at some parts.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    I just started watching Chaos Dragon, and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought it would. I thought it would just be more shonen filler, but there's a certain charm to the show I really like for some reason.
    Glad to know someone else is liking it! I enjoyed the first two episodes despite their flaws, but I feel it's improved a lot since then (haven't watched the 5th yet, though).

ReputationRep:
    Glad to know someone else is liking it! I enjoyed the first two episodes despite their flaws, but I feel it's improved a lot since then (haven't watched the 5th yet, though).
    I've binge watched the first 4 episodes so far (is the fifth out yet?!) My main complaint with the show is how it's a bit cringey at times with the overboard dramatic scenes, and the iffy 3D animation scenes, but otherwise I am enjoying it. But apart from that, I really enjoy the light humour that complements the dark elements in the show very well. After seeing the recent track record of mediocre shonen, this is definitely a breath of fresh air.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone, what's your thoughts on the Attack on Titans live action and Naruto live action?

To me the Attack on Titans live action would be boring without Levi cause no one can replace Levi

For Naruto I hope that they won't set it in a high school and Naruto wants to be the 7th Head teacher beacause that's his ninja way

So, what's your thoughts on this?

ReputationRep:
    It's a very good show, but I would thoroughly recommend watching it in subs rather than dubbed. It is one of the better dubs out there, but Erens voice is absolutely hideous and ear splitting at some parts.
    The only time I watch dubbed anime is when for some obscure reason a subbed episode doesn't exist and the only option is raw... that and for the comedy value of dubbed anime. :rofl:

I shall indeed watch it subbed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight15)
    Everyone, what's your thoughts on the Attack on Titans live action and Naruto live action?

To me the Attack on Titans live action would be boring without Levi cause no one can replace Levi

For Naruto I hope that they won't set it in a high school and Naruto wants to be the 7th Head teacher beacause that's his ninja way

So, what's your thoughts on this?
    The Attack on Titan live action is decrepit filth that doesn't deserve to exist. It's among the most shameless of cash-ins, rivalling that of Tokyo Ghoul: Root A. A poor screenplay with a low budget. Every single piece of news about it has been one disaster after another.

I'll probably see it next week, if only to laugh at it with friends.

ReputationRep:
    I wanna be a magical girl

ReputationRep:
    The only time I watch dubbed anime is when for some obscure reason a subbed episode doesn't exist and the only option is raw... that and for the comedy value of dubbed anime. :rofl:

I shall indeed watch it subbed.
    Agreed. My one major complaint with dubs would be the fact that they keep using the same VAs, and they tend to be pretty shoddy work unless they are massively popular like FMA with a high budget.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. My one major complaint with dubs would be the fact that they keep using the same VAs, and they tend to be pretty shoddy work unless they are massively popular like FMA with a high budget.
    Yeah. True. Although I didn't mind DBZ dubbed as much as I thought I would.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know why I didn't think to search for a magical thread like this!
    Hey my fellow otaku!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.