Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Star-girl)
    The only time I watch dubbed anime is when for some obscure reason a subbed episode doesn't exist and the only option is raw... that and for the comedy value of dubbed anime. :rofl:

I shall indeed watch it subbed.
    Normally I would feel the same, but I think if you're looking for a particular feel, e.g. jazzy noir (Cowboy bebop or Big O) then dub is also nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by narusku)
    Normally I would feel the same, but I think if you're looking for a particular feel, e.g. jazzy noir (Cowboy bebop or Big O) then dub is also nice.
    OK. Yeah some animes definitely the feel of it is better dubbed. There aren't many in my opinion, though.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Anyone seen the newest cour of Durarara x2? I powered through the first cour, but I'm hunting down places to watch the second part. If anyone can tell me their impressions of it, that would be great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWH)
    I am only 7 episodes into season 2 of knights of sidonia at the mo but I'm a bit worried about this season. Doesn't feel as good as the last series. Plus I have this constant feeling it's going to pull a sword art online on me...............
    I'm on episode 2 of season 2 and it already feels not as good

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    Anyone seen the newest cour of Durarara x2? I powered through the first cour, but I'm hunting down places to watch the second part. If anyone can tell me their impressions of it, that would be great.
    I'm really liking it, but that's no surprise since Durarara!! is one of my all time favourite series. More of the same crazy characters and some equally fun new ones can only be a good thing. :yes: No real changes from x2 Shou, aside from the fact that it's giving screentime to some characters who didn't do much in that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    I've been debating whether to watch Assassination classroom. If it's finished now then I'll definitely take a look.

I've also just started Fairy Tail. I'm enjoying it a lot, it's very similar to Hunter X Hunter, which I also enjoyed
    I really liked it - then again my friends says I like a lot of things. I'm really looking forward to the second series next year. I'm also really looking forward AoT series 2 next year.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Just wanted to provide a little update since I haven't posted in a while.

In terms of anime I've been watching K-On! and Durarara which are both tons of fun, although Durarara has the more compelling story imo.

Tbh I haven't actually seen that much anime this summer because I've been addicted to an amazing manga—Berserk! Right now I'm on volume 17 and absolutely adore it.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I finished Durarara! a few months ago and it is one of my favourite animes. It was recommended to me in my early anime watching days but I didn't have any idea what was going on with the chatroom talk which put me off it for so long

ReputationRep:
    Hows everyone anime watching and manga reading going ?

ReputationRep:
    Glad you asked Kadak. Trying to watch Jojos bizarre adventure but cba
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Hows everyone anime watching and manga reading going ?
    Pretty good in general, thanks! I'm up to date with almost everything I'm watching weekly, and also marathoned the last few episodes of Nodame Cantabile, which was awesome! I'll be picking up Koukaku no Regios to replace that. :yes:

Haven't had time to read any manga this evening, but I'll likely read the last volume of Liar Game tomorrow, then start one of the series Cara suggested for me a few pages back (probably Tokyo Crazy Paradise).

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I didn't know this thread existed :lol:

Just started watching Attack on Titan, it's pretty cool yano

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valyrian)

AoT is the sh!t.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Pretty good in general, thanks! I'm up to date with almost everything I'm watching weekly, and also marathoned the last few episodes of Nodame Cantabile, which was awesome! I'll be picking up Koukaku no Regios to replace that. :yes:

Haven't had time to read any manga this evening, but I'll likely read the last volume of Liar Game tomorrow, then start one of the series Cara suggested for me a few pages back (probably Tokyo Crazy Paradise).
    Nodame cantabile ?I know Im a bit young but I remember hearing about this anime and I swore its famous/well known for the music ?
    Tokyo crazy paradise looks good.Seems to be alot of good manga with the word tokyo in the title.
    One piece
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Im currently binge watching One piece and am past 300 episodes.The anime just seems to get more interesting and better !I cant imagine a fight more epic than the one just seen between luffy and lucci though .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High Stakes)
    AoT is the sh!t.
    I've watched like 3 episodes and the potato girl is so funny omg I'm crying :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valyrian)

I forgive you for the sin of not knowing about the most awesome thread on TSR.
    I hope you enjoy it and all future anime you watch .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    I forgive you for the sin of not knowing about the most awesome thread on TSR.
    I hope you enjoy it and all future anime you watch .
    I've watched a lot but since it's the summer I can watch a lot more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza_ahmad)
    Glad you asked Kadak. Trying to watch Jojos bizarre adventure but cba
    Wow,that manga and anime started before I was even born.I need to watch it one of these days.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Nodame cantabile ?I know Im a bit young but I remember hearing about this anime and I swore its famous/well known for the music ?
    Tokyo crazy paradise looks good.Seems to be alot of good manga with the word tokyo in the title.
    Yeah, Nodame Cantabile is all about characters studying and playing classical music, so it features a lot. :yes:

I suppose it's inevitable that a lot of series would feature Tokyo in their name, though (for me at least) it doesn't help a title stand out amongst others. Chances are I might not have looked into Tokyo Crazy Paradise if it hadn't been recommended to me.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.