Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Star-girl)
    OK. Yeah some animes definitely the feel of it is better dubbed. There aren't many in my opinion, though.
    Fair enough!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    I forgive you for the sin of not knowing about the most awesome thread on TSR.
    I hope you enjoy it and all future anime you watch .
    Haha thank you for your pardon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of musical anime - viewers interested in that genre/offering might be pleasantly surprised about the anime 'Sakamichi no Apollon (Kids on a slope). It's a jazzy flick so might even introduce you to some legendary jazz names.

Short number of episodes too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by narusku)
    Fair enough!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The only shows I can actually think of being better dubbed is maybe Baccano! and Steins Gate, but these are high budget bordering on AAA, so it's not unexpected. I have yet to see a mid-budget anime that is better dubbed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    The only shows I can actually think of being better dubbed is maybe Baccano! and Steins Gate, but these are high budget bordering on AAA, so it's not unexpected. I have yet to see a mid-budget anime that is better dubbed.
    What about cowboy bebop's dub? A lot of people say it, but it really did have an amazing dub! Of course that is a AAA anime as well.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody read the berserk manga? I'm on vol 17 and absolutely love it! I've been addicted to it for most of the summer; the golden age arc is soooooo good.

ReputationRep:
    Ok guys I just finished watching FullMetal Alchemist and really loved it, any recommendations for a new anime series based on this?

I usually like action, fantasy and funny stuff if that helps narrow it down

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omar717)
    What about cowboy bebop's dub? A lot of people say it, but it really did have an amazing dub! Of course that is a AAA anime as well.
    It's a good dub, yes, but I don't think that it's better than the sub. There's no doubting that it's borderline AAA though, so it's not surprising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Posiedon12)
    Ok guys I just finished watching FullMetal Alchemist and really loved it, any recommendations for a new anime series based on this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The Fate/Type Moon series are really great. I would recommend watching Fate/Zero then Fate/Stay Night (the sequel) then Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works (an alternative route of Fate/Stay Night of sorts)

Just google Shonen Anime, and just watch a few episodes of what tickles your fancy.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Try Hunter x Hunter (2011), another great shounen series with plenty of action.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omar717)
    Definitely!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, as was said try shounen anime. A tile in my top 5 is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - it is so much fun and a unique art style too. Recommend it 10/10.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    The dragon ball series was good dubbed in my opinion too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Since FMA is my favourite show I'll just fire out some suggestions from my top 50:

Hunter x Hunter

Black Lagoon
    Samurai Champloo
    Cowboy Bebop
    Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann
    Code Geass
    Attack on Titan
    Baccano!
    Aquarion Evol
    Last Exile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdwardElric)
    Try Hunter x Hunter (2011), another great shounen series with plenty of action.
    Love HxH to death! So good.

ReputationRep:
    You have some serious viewing time under your belt. I salute you!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone watched a colourful lil' piece called Katanagatari?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by narusku)
    Has anyone watched a colourful lil' piece called Katanagatari?
    I finished watching it a couple of days ago, I enjoyed it. The last episode was pretty cool.

ReputationRep:
    Completed Shirobako the other night, absolutely awesome show.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ki Yung Na)
    Completed Shirobako the other night, absolutely awesome show.
    Started it today, loving it right from the start.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.