The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ki Yung Na
I'm not going off topic. I'm now watching Kingdom season 2 and damn does stuff get intense and exciting! :colone:

Most of the time I'm not but then I have these odd moments of nervousness which drive me crazy. My heart palpitations are palpable and sometimes it feels as if the valves on entry to the veins are failing and that in its place I have a huge void of blood flow.

Aside from that though. I'm pretty cool :biggrin: What have you applied for and whereabouts?

Bath (MechEng), you?
Anyone excited for Noragami season 2? Finally watched the trailer some days ago.... and it didn't give too much away, but I'm still stoked for it. :smile:
Original post by Judge Jasel
Anyone excited for Noragami season 2? Finally watched the trailer some days ago.... and it didn't give too much away, but I'm still stoked for it. :smile:

I haven't seen any trailers for it but I'll definitely watch it. I'm more excited for Haikyuu 2 and Owarimonogatari though.
Original post by Red Fox
I haven't seen any trailers for it but I'll definitely watch it. I'm more excited for Haikyuu 2 and Owarimonogatari though.

Noragami itself was pretty well done, and Haikyuu 2 is also on my "To watch list" :smile:
Kingdom (season 2) is making me play some good old Victoria 2, couldn't help but conquer some of china.

Original post by Red Fox
Bath (MechEng), you?

Nice! Hopefully Physics in QMUL :smile:
Got myself a tablet for watching anime on the go! :biggrin: Windows 8.1 and a semi-decent graphics card, so it can run the same desktop media player I use, because I'm a creature of habit. Seems able to play anything I can throw at it just as well as my desktop can so far. Might take it for a test run tomorrow, as I have a training course to attend a good 1.5 - 2 hours from home by train. Doubt it'll replace my Kindle for manga reading though, it's not quite as quick and easy, and there's no competition when it comes to battery life.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by NekoJyo
I'm watching 9 different series at the same a so when I get bored with one I switch to another

haha thats what I do too- I'm currently watching like 10 different series but then I end up getting confused about what happened in which one...
Is there a slower start to an anime than in KHR. Its rated highly yet for the frst 15 eps iv seen they've been so boring
Think there's a mini studio ghibli season on film4 this week for those interested :tongue:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
As a former player of Magic: The Gathering, I'd be curious about the card game... the anime didn't make it very clear what the game was like, though. :tongue:

It's pretty much like duel master (which was based on magic and played similarly, sort of) mixed with Weiss Schwarz, you have life cloth (similar to shields in duel masters), life break (similar to shield triggers in duel masters), Ener (similar to stock in Weiss Schwarz combined with mana in duel masters and MTG).
A major difference is you don't pay a cost for calling SIGNI (creatures), only for spells and Arts (similar to spells but they're kept in the LRIG deck (max 10 cards) and most need a specific LRIG) And to Grow you're LRIG/ use LRIG Abilities

Basically you aim to attack your opponents LRIG and reduce their life cloth until none are left and attack once more for game. You're SIGNI only hit your opponent by attacking directly if nothing is in front of them (each player has three spaces for SIGNI on their field which are lined up with one another) or overcoming and defeating the SIGNI in front of them. You're LRIG can attack the Opponent's LRIG Directly (However Colourless SIGNI called servants can nullify a LRIG attack (they have a small shield with a G in it on the card))

More complex mechanics such as Cross/heaven and Resonas are brought in later but I don't think they're ever shown in the anime
Original post by NerdB-Trippin'
It's pretty much like duel master (which was based on magic and played similarly, sort of) mixed with Weiss Schwarz, you have life cloth (similar to shields in duel masters), life break (similar to shield triggers in duel masters), Ener (similar to stock in Weiss Schwarz combined with mana in duel masters and MTG).
A major difference is you don't pay a cost for calling SIGNI (creatures), only for spells and Arts (similar to spells but they're kept in the LRIG deck (max 10 cards) and most need a specific LRIG) And to Grow you're LRIG/ use LRIG Abilities

Basically you aim to attack your opponents LRIG and reduce their life cloth until none are left and attack once more for game. You're SIGNI only hit your opponent by attacking directly if nothing is in front of them (each player has three spaces for SIGNI on their field which are lined up with one another) or overcoming and defeating the SIGNI in front of them. You're LRIG can attack the Opponent's LRIG Directly (However Colourless SIGNI called servants can nullify a LRIG attack (they have a small shield with a G in it on the card))

More complex mechanics such as Cross/heaven and Resonas are brought in later but I don't think they're ever shown in the anime

Didn't expect an answer one year later, but thanks! :biggrin: It does sound interesting, but unfortunately I'm no longer in a position where I can play any TCGs with other people offline. The joys of living in rural North Wales. :sigh:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Didn't expect an answer one year later, but thanks! :biggrin: It does sound interesting, but unfortunately I'm no longer in a position where I can play any TCGs with other people offline. The joys of living in rural North Wales. :sigh:

Fair enough I mainly play vanguard (DotX(main), Regalia, and OTT)
But Wixoss's art is pretty and the game design really appeals to me,
Still pouting that it doesn't have English release yet -_- because I wanna make a White Tama deck which I'd later upgrade to a Black white Mix (with lv5 tamayorihime, Sunspot Miko and Mayu, Genesis Miko) :smile:
I try marathon anime too but I seem to struggle to find an anime to next latch onto after completing one, I end up just keeping 20 or so tabs of myanimlist pages open which are of anime I might watch but then completely forget about till I have an impulse to start watching something, often something that's not on my list of anime to watch.. :s-smilie:

Just forget about it with some K-on!
Hey opinions on Bakemonogatari? Don't see it mentioned much here. If you haven't watched it definitely give it a try!

I'm currently halfway through Onimonogatari and absolutely love the humor but kinda get turned off when the show shifts towards "deep psychological characterization" or whatever (tiger arc for example) Think I'm enjoying it for the wrong reasons haha. Anyway whatcha guys think?
Original post by tsano-chan
Hey opinions on Bakemonogatari? Don't see it mentioned much here. If you haven't watched it definitely give it a try!

I'm currently halfway through Onimonogatari and absolutely love the humor but kinda get turned off when the show shifts towards "deep psychological characterization" or whatever (tiger arc for example) Think I'm enjoying it for the wrong reasons haha. Anyway whatcha guys think?

I love it, can't wait for Owarimonogatari.

I've almost finished rewatching the second season. Onimonogatari is my least favourite arc though. Koimonogatari is my favourite.
Hello, avid anime watcher, never had the time to make a list because it would take to long, have watched almost anything, so here to talk about any of them and also get some suggestions and give suggestions :smile:. There is a lot of anime out there, unfortunately only half of it is worth 5 minutes researching to see if its good, however when anime is good it's great. so If anyone has any anime suggestions you think I may not have seen, I'd be grateful :smile:.
I started Baby Steps 2 yesterday, or the day before :smile:

Original post by MintyMilk
Just forget about it with some K-on!

Haha I think that's somewhere on my plan to watch list

Original post by Life48
Hello, avid anime watcher, never had the time to make a list because it would take to long, have watched almost anything, so here to talk about any of them and also get some suggestions and give suggestions :smile:. There is a lot of anime out there, unfortunately only half of it is worth 5 minutes researching to see if its good, however when anime is good it's great. so If anyone has any anime suggestions you think I may not have seen, I'd be grateful :smile:.

Welcome to the anime society! :smile:

Maybe you could let us know what you're looking for, or what you've enjoyed in the past so we can better gauge what we should recommend?
Just like to throw a general statement out there, in my opinion Redline is the best anime ever created however it doesn't seem to get the credit it deserves, It has romance and action and a wacky world and of course, vivid colours. If you haven;t yet I thoroughly recommend looking it up and watching it. Its a masterpiece. however I'd also (excluding all the mainstream stuff such as FMA) like to ask what everyone else thinks the pinnacle of they're anime watching to be?
(edited 8 years ago)
I started Baby Steps 2 yesterday, or the day before :smile:

Haha I think that's somewhere on my plan to watch list

Welcome to the anime society! :smile:

Maybe you could let us know what you're looking for, or what you've enjoyed in the past so we can better gauge what we should recommend?

Oh. well I like all types of anime really. anything that isn't wishy washy and repetition, or those harem or slice of Life types, I know some people like those but they're not my cup of tea XD.
Original post by Life48
Oh. well I like all types of anime really. anything that isn't wishy washy and repetition, or those harem or slice of Life types, I know some people like those but they're not my cup of tea XD.

Fair enough, I just read your post above too, I've watched redline, I thought it was visually awesome and I liked the graphical work in terms of mechanics and stuff quite a bit too but can't say I rate it as highly as you but I'll still try!

Sword of the Stranger. Film of a ronin (masterless/rogue samurai) and a younger kid who becomes this ronin's new master. It's visually cool but more importantly it is mechanically awesome - the fight scenes are super cool and the graphics team seem to have done an excellent job with the battle, horse and fight scenes - of which there are plenty.

Nobunaga Concerto. It's based on a high schooler that goes back in time to the Era of Nobunaga - a Japanese shogun(?) who's incredibly famous. It's a funny anime, amusing throughout but really enjoyable. Again, the visuals are decent, it's a got a tidy, neat, clear kind of animation going on, similar to Sword of the Stranger, except Nobunaga Concerto is lighter in colour whereas the former has a much darker palatte.

AppleSeed Alpha. A film which I believe is fully CG! Whether you believe it or not, for a piece of CG it's done pretty damn well, it's again an action film with plenty of weapons, tanks, explosions and even some mecha. I mostly enjoyed the visuals for this one, otherwise I felt it wasn't all that special but I do think, if I remember correctly, it is comparable to Redline!

Hopefully some of this helps, if you've seen all of these, then let me know what else you've enjoyed, and maybe be more specific about what you don't like about those genres, and what you've liked about other anime :smile:

Latest