The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ki Yung Na)
    I'm currently marathon'in through Kingdom. It's very good
    Whats this anime about, I keep hearing my mates talk about it highly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)
    I haven't watched the anime but the manga is probs in my top 10, it's basically about the history of china during a period when it was in the warring states period. It's a very good manga and I imagine the anime is just as good so you should definitely check it out.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Opinions on Zetsuen no Tempest?
    The first half of the series is amazing, with some of the best mind games and battles of wits I've seen outside of Death Note. Brilliant animation and music throughout, too. The second half didn't quite live up to the first IMO, but it wasn't terrible, just a bit underwhelming in comparison. Overall, I'd still recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    The first half of the series is amazing, with some of the best mind games and battles of wits I've seen outside of Death Note. Brilliant animation and music throughout, too. The second half didn't quite live up to the first IMO, but it wasn't terrible, just a bit underwhelming in comparison. Overall, I'd still recommend it.
    Thanks I'll check it out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)
    It's about a child king and his rise to the throne and the difficulties he faces whilst he's off and on it. It's pretty dramatic. It is also highly military driven but it balances things really well so there's plenty of character development. The plot isn't lost to battle scenes and nor are battle scenes lost to dramatic events outside the field. I recommend it, if you're anything like me in terms of position then this should keep your attention till results day

ReputationRep:
    It's about a child king and his rise to the throne and the difficulties he faces whilst he's off and on it. It's pretty dramatic. It is also highly military driven but it balances things really well so there's plenty of character development. The plot isn't lost to battle scenes and nor are battle scenes lost to dramatic events outside the field. I recommend it, if you're anything like me in terms of position then this should keep your attention till results day
    What results are you waiting for?

ReputationRep:
    What results are you waiting for?
    A2 results, and more importantly; whether or not I secure a place for university

ReputationRep:
    A2 results, and more importantly; whether or not I secure a place for university
    Same here, although I'm not really nervous.

ReputationRep:
    Me too. I've been binging anime all summer because I've nothing else to do. It was purely to avoid feeling lonely and to avoid the thought of results coming out.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going off topic. I'm now watching Kingdom season 2 and damn does stuff get intense and exciting!

Most of the time I'm not but then I have these odd moments of nervousness which drive me crazy. My heart palpitations are palpable and sometimes it feels as if the valves on entry to the veins are failing and that in its place I have a huge void of blood flow.

Aside from that though. I'm pretty cool What have you applied for and whereabouts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NekoJyo)
    Me too. I've been binging anime all summer because I've nothing else to do. It was purely to avoid feeling lonely and to avoid the thought of results coming out.
    I try marathon anime too but I seem to struggle to find an anime to next latch onto after completing one, I end up just keeping 20 or so tabs of myanimlist pages open which are of anime I might watch but then completely forget about till I have an impulse to start watching something, often something that's not on my list of anime to watch..

ReputationRep:
    I try marathon anime too but I seem to struggle to find an anime to next latch onto after completing one, I end up just keeping 20 or so tabs of myanimlist pages open which are of anime I might watch but then completely forget about till I have an impulse to start watching something, often something that's not on my list of anime to watch..
    I'm watching 9 different series at the same a so when I get bored with one I switch to another

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going off topic. I'm now watching Kingdom season 2 and damn does stuff get intense and exciting!

Most of the time I'm not but then I have these odd moments of nervousness which drive me crazy. My heart palpitations are palpable and sometimes it feels as if the valves on entry to the veins are failing and that in its place I have a huge void of blood flow.

Aside from that though. I'm pretty cool What have you applied for and whereabouts?
    Bath (MechEng), you?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone excited for Noragami season 2? Finally watched the trailer some days ago.... and it didn't give too much away, but I'm still stoked for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judge Jasel)
    Anyone excited for Noragami season 2? Finally watched the trailer some days ago.... and it didn't give too much away, but I'm still stoked for it.
    I haven't seen any trailers for it but I'll definitely watch it. I'm more excited for Haikyuu 2 and Owarimonogatari though.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen any trailers for it but I'll definitely watch it. I'm more excited for Haikyuu 2 and Owarimonogatari though.
    Noragami itself was pretty well done, and Haikyuu 2 is also on my "To watch list"

ReputationRep:
    Kingdom (season 2) is making me play some good old Victoria 2, couldn't help but conquer some of china.

Bath (MechEng), you?
    Nice! Hopefully Physics in QMUL
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Got myself a tablet for watching anime on the go! Windows 8.1 and a semi-decent graphics card, so it can run the same desktop media player I use, because I'm a creature of habit. Seems able to play anything I can throw at it just as well as my desktop can so far. Might take it for a test run tomorrow, as I have a training course to attend a good 1.5 - 2 hours from home by train. Doubt it'll replace my Kindle for manga reading though, it's not quite as quick and easy, and there's no competition when it comes to battery life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NekoJyo)
    I'm watching 9 different series at the same a so when I get bored with one I switch to another
    haha thats what I do too- I'm currently watching like 10 different series but then I end up getting confused about what happened in which one...

ReputationRep:
    Is there a slower start to an anime than in KHR. Its rated highly yet for the frst 15 eps iv seen they've been so boring

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.