Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    I've randomly decided to place all of the reviews I wrote ages ago onto a Wordpress blog, which you can view here:

https://kouhyou.wordpress.com/
    Damn, that's a very nice looking site.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone into the summer releases?
    Gangsta , Charlotte and Prison School are my favs atm , particularly prison school , tht **** is so funny
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Gangsta , Charlotte and Prison School are my favs atm , particularly prison school , tht **** is so funny
    Yeah, I'm watching most of them. :yes: Sequels aside, my favourites are Rokka no Yuusha, Gangsta and Jitsu wa Watashi wa.

ReputationRep:
    Prison School is brilliant, I nearly cried I laughed so hard at the new ep.
    Himouto, Junjou Romantica, Gangsta, Akagami no Shirayukihime& Durarara are my favourites. I'm also watching Rokka no Yuusha but I find most of the characters quite annoying, same with the main girl in Aoharu x Kikanjuu. I tried God Eater but I could only make it to ep 2, it was pretty bad imo.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Damn, that's a very nice looking site.
    Thanks, I was going through the free themes available and this one suited what I was trying to go for.

(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Yeah, I'm watching most of them. :yes: Sequels aside, my favourites are Rokka no Yuusha, Gangsta and Jitsu wa Watashi wa.
    Surprised you're not watching Akagami no Shirayukihime. I'm really enjoying this series and would have expected it to be right up your alley. :yes:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Surprised you're not watching Akagami no Shirayukihime. I'm really enjoying this series and would have expected it to be right up your alley. :yes:
    I found the first episode alright, very nice looking, but the characters and setting didn't really win me over. Haven't watched any more, but I'm already following 20 series this season (22 if you include Charlotte and God Eater, which I'm not watching weekly, just when I have spare time). I skipped some of the Summer first episodes entirely, I was so satisfied with my current lineup.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I found the first episode alright, very nice looking, but the characters and setting didn't really win me over. Haven't watched any more, but I'm already following 20 series this season (22 if you include Charlotte and God Eater, which I'm not watching weekly, just when I have spare time). I skipped some of the Summer first episodes entirely, I was so satisfied with my current lineup.
    Fair enough. I would encourage you to watch more than the first episode when you have time. It's definitely one of the stronger series this season, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naftie)
    Prison School is brilliant, I nearly cried I laughed so hard at the new ep.
    Himouto, Junjou Romantica, Gangsta, Akagami no Shirayukihime& Durarara are my favourites. I'm also watching Rokka no Yuusha but I find most of the characters quite annoying, same with the main girl in Aoharu x Kikanjuu. I tried God Eater but I could only make it to ep 2, it was pretty bad imo.
    ikr its hilarious XD

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching 5 this season: Charlotte, Gangsta, God Eater and Rokka no Yuusha, plus Arslan Senki is continuing.

I was really disappointed with Charlotte and Rokka no Yuusha as of episode 4, but they've both come back so strongly that I'm looking forward to each episode a lot. Charlotte did things I never expected or have ever seen in an anime before with episode 7, and Rokka no Yuusha's mystery element is absolutely brilliant.

Gangsta and God Eater are okay. Today's episode of God Eater was quite good, though also confusing if you've forgotten some of what we've been told in previous episodes. I think you should know the following before watching it:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The God Eaters have had Aragami cells implanted into them and this makes them superhuman. There hadn't been much - if any - mention of this since episode 1, so I had forgotten it was a thing.

As for Gangsta, the story confuses me a bit but I like the backstory we've been seeing.

Arslan Senki is a fairly good story. The characters are all likeable and it's a good watch overall.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by xDave-)
    I'm watching 5 this season: Charlotte, Gangsta, God Eater and Rokka no Yuusha, plus Arslan Senki is continuing.

I was really disappointed with Charlotte and Rokka no Yuusha as of episode 4, but they've both come back so strongly that I'm looking forward to each episode a lot. Charlotte did things I never expected or have ever seen in an anime before with episode 7, and Rokka no Yuusha's mystery element is absolutely brilliant.

Gangsta and God Eater are okay. Today's episode of God Eater was quite good, though also confusing if you've forgotten some of what we've been told in previous episodes. I think you should know the following before watching it:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The God Eaters have had Aragami cells implanted into them and this makes them superhuman. There hadn't been much - if any - mention of this since episode 1, so I had forgotten it was a thing.
    As for Gangsta, the story confuses me a bit but I like the backstory we've been seeing.

Arslan Senki is a fairly good story. The characters are all likeable and it's a good watch overall.
    Charlotte and God Eater have upped their game with their latest episodes. I'm just hoping they'll keep up this momentum moving forward.

ReputationRep:
    Watched New One piece ep , Charlotte . Whaiii so much feels omg (

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watching Ninja Slayer: From Animation atm?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whats prison school about? I been hearing alot about this anime,it seems good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Best thing i can say go and watch it , you will die laughing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

you can check myanimelist for the summary, all I'm going to say is don't watch it with your grandparents haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    I've randomly decided to place all of the reviews I wrote ages ago onto a Wordpress blog, which you can view here:

https://kouhyou.wordpress.com/

It's unlikely I'll write any more, but it's nice to have them altogether in one place.

For those unaware, these were written in the Anime Reviews thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=491524

Be assured to have a look as there's many more reviews there written by past and present members. :yes:
    Cool stuff, do you read reviews before you watch stuff? (Questions applies to everyone here really)

I rarely read reviews before I start watching something, usually it's a quick read of the first paragraph that summaries what someone likes, and if a lot agree then I go along and try it out for myself. I might start writing reviews, I like reading them after I've watched something to pick up things I missed or to agree/disagree with other peoples opinions

I like the layout of your review blog, also recognise a few so will have a read, thanks for sharing!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Ki Yung Na)
    Cool stuff, do you read reviews before you watch stuff? (Questions applies to everyone here really)
    Not usually, as I'm afraid I'll end up reading spoilers!

I used to read reviews at the end of a series for the same reasons as you, but increasingly (for ongoing series, at least) I find myself reading the episode discussions on MAL every week instead. Not for every episode of every series I'm watching, usually just my favourites, or if something fairly major happens in an episode and I'm curious about the rest of the fanbase's reactions. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Not usually, as I'm afraid I'll end up reading spoilers!

I used to read reviews at the end of a series for the same reasons as you, but increasingly (for ongoing series, at least) I find myself reading the episode discussions on MAL every week instead. Not for every episode of every series I'm watching, usually just my favourites, or if something fairly major happens in an episode and I'm curious about the rest of the fanbase's reactions. :yes:
    Episode discussions?! That's gutsy. I'm always worried about spoilers but I suppose it's more I just cba with MAL's forums Now that I think about it, I do often scroll down the comments section of an episode I've just watched on the websites I use to stream, I think I've had some spoilers but they were either small or I avoided the series long enough to forget about them. With airing anime (which I try to avoid) I don't do this because I assume it's riskier and the moderation will be less reliable (especially popular anime) but with previous aired anime it's generally safe
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Ki Yung Na)
    Episode discussions?! That's gutsy. I'm always worried about spoilers but I suppose it's more I just cba with MAL's forums Now that I think about it, I do often scroll down the comments section of an episode I've just watched on the websites I use to stream, I think I've had some spoilers but they were either small or I avoided the series long enough to forget about them. With airing anime (which I try to avoid) I don't do this because I assume it's riskier and the moderation will be less reliable (especially popular anime) but with previous aired anime it's generally safe
    The moderating on MAL seems pretty good, either that or the posters do a good job of keeping to the rules. I've never had anything spoiled on there... so far at least. :p: They mostly just comment on that specific episode.

ReputationRep:
    Death Note seems to be picking up again for the finale. There were a few slow episodes around the late 20's but it seems to be back on track. Like a snail I will finish it eventually.

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.