Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Season 2 of Arslan announced for 2016. Dunno how many episodes it is or what time of the year in 2016, but I enjoyed the show so I'm happy to have more.
    What? When was this announced?

Can't wait for it to be delayed to 2017 though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    Searching "anime" on Amazon UK gives you so much weird stuff these days. I swear the first 5 results.
    1st one came up as hentai WHAT:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    1st one came up as hentai WHAT:rofl:
    ikr? Like you would think it would be one of the AAA blockbuster anime, but no.

ReputationRep:
    ikr? Like you would think it would be one of the AAA blockbuster anime, but no.
    it really ruins the idea of anime tbh
    hentai shouldn't even exist in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    I can just imagine some poor kid somewhere asking their mum to buy anime off amazon and her seeing that.

ReputationRep:
    I agree it just stereotypes the whole anime franchise when it clearly isn't anything like a representative of the majority of it
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    What? When was this announced?

Can't wait for it to be delayed to 2017 though.
    A few days ago, and I think it's too early to assume it'll be delayed! It'd be one thing if they announced it was airing in the coming Winter season, but '2016' is nice and long and vague. By the time they actually give us an airdate/season, presumably they think they'll be able to deliver for it. :p:

ReputationRep:
    So many announcements coming out right now : Kizumonogatari confirmed, Eva 3.33 to be released in 2016, and HxH has been picked up by Viz in the US (can't wait to own it). Now if only Togashi would stop playing Dragon Quest all day...

ReputationRep:
    On a related note to Dragon Quest if anyone enjoys those kind of games and manga in general...

"How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword"

...is a good read and ongoing.

ReputationRep:
    Finished Amagi Brilliant Park at long last. I quite enjoyed it actually eased me back into watching stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Also finished The Fruit of Grisaia at long last and think i'll be moving onto the prequel/sequel now
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I did enjoy the series, and gave it a fair rating. Knowing nothing about the story before the series I was surprised how dark and creepy it was at times. It was sort of how I wanted Little Busters Refrain to work out. If you can get past the ecchi it could well be worth a watch.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Also finished The Fruit of Grisaia at long last and think i'll be moving onto the prequel/sequel now
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I did enjoy the series, and gave it a fair rating. Knowing nothing about the story before the series I was surprised how dark and creepy it was at times. It was sort of how I wanted Little Busters Refrain to work out. If you can get past the ecchi it could well be worth a watch.
    I really wasn't prepared for that final arc! :zomg: But for me it was the only real positive in an otherwise weak series, so I didn't bother with the sequels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I really wasn't prepared for that final arc! :zomg: But for me it was the only real positive in an otherwise weak series, so I didn't bother with the sequels.
    Yes that arc was certainly something - interestingly a lot of the VN players thought it was badly done. Yeah it is probably one of my guilty pleasures, the first half was certainly forgettable at times Just watched the prequel which is a 45 minute special and it was quite outrageous at moments :lol:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I forgot to post a link on here, but I set up an account on myfigurecollection.net a month or so ago, so here's my profile if anyone's interested.

http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/AngryJellyfish

ReputationRep:
    So I ploughed through The Eden of Grisaia (the final part of the Grisaia trilogy)...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Once again I enjoyed this series although it really did shift its focus away from the first series. Gone for a while was the SoL/psychological aspect and brought in was the new darker and 'adult' related content that we first saw in the prequel TV special. Quite interestingly you get to see a continuation of the devastating final arc in the first series. If you enjoyed the the first series (or rather the final arc of it) then by all means try out the prequel/sequel. Finally the ecchi content was pretty much removed but quickly replaced with a few scenes of what Anime Planet describes as 'Sexual Content'.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    One-Punch Man is amazing. :yes:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I started watching Soul Eater last night. Haven't really watched anime in ages and heard good things about this one so I gave it a go. Loving it so far!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I started watching Soul Eater last night. Haven't really watched anime in ages and heard good things about this one so I gave it a go. Loving it so far!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The animation and characters are amazing especially Death the Kid. Though the ending may let you down - I always wanted more 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhuzhu)
    I agree it just stereotypes the whole anime franchise when it clearly isn't anything like a representative of the majority of it
    Technically it is anime though. It just happens to be one type on the wide spectrum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Loving One Punch Man!

Finished Darker Than Black season 1; it's a great series!

I also started Excel Saga, a crazy, whacky series that I'm really enjoying.

Finally got around to finishing School Days and.... I didn't like it. At all. Makoto is the most scumbag character ever. Never have I had so much hate for a fictional character in my life.

Oh and I watched Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22, both were great, 2.22 was slightly more enjoyable because it had more going on. I've heard that 3.33 isn't as good and is very different from the original series, so I'll have to see for myself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.