Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to MCM next weekend so I'll be on the lookout for anime merch and stuff. My bank account will suffer.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Don't think I've been so entranced by an OST for a very long while... Must be those eyes...

ReputationRep:
    Started watching the Chunibyo blu ray recently, really enjoyed it so far. As I was expecting I really liked Rikka :love:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Surprised to hear Nurse Witch Komugi is getting a new TV anime after all these years... would have preferred a SoulTaker remake myself, but meh. Shame Momoi Halko isn't voicing Komugi either. Still, if it's as amusing as the OVAs then I'll definitely be watching it!

ReputationRep:
    That takes me back, remember watching the DVD during my first year at Uni when I wasn't an old grump :yes:

Also as someone who relies on physical releases I'm hoping to see that Dungeon anime get released at some point mainly for Hestia :teeth:

Mainly because of that adorable teeth brushing scene :emog:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Paid and registered for Minamicon~ Is anyone else here going? It'll be my second time there, but my first time travelling there and booking hotels etc on my own... quite a bit more expensive when you're not room sharing, and this right after I had to buy a new PC, so hopefully it'll be as enjoyable as last year.

(Original post by Truered)
    That takes me back, remember watching the DVD during my first year at Uni when I wasn't an old grump :yes:
    I got it screened at Aber Anime Society. :proud: I could probably have found something better, but it just happened to slot nicely into the schedule after SoulTaker ended.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    :tumble:

So, today's big anime news is that JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4 is getting an anime adaptation. Anyone else here excited about that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Paid and registered for Minamicon~ Is anyone else here going? It'll be my second time there, but my first time travelling there and booking hotels etc on my own... quite a bit more expensive when you're not room sharing, and this right after I had to buy a new PC, so hopefully it'll be as enjoyable as last year.

I got it screened at Aber Anime Society. :proud: I could probably have found something better, but it just happened to slot nicely into the schedule after SoulTaker ended.
    I'm afraid not... it's the other end of the country for me Would be great to meet you though AJ!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    I'm afraid not... it's the other end of the country for me Would be great to meet you though AJ!
    It's pretty far for me too, even by North Wales' standards! There are others throughout the year that are closer, so I unlikely I'd ever have gone if I wasn't persuaded by friends (who'd been trying to get me to go for years). Still, I know a guy who's travelling from Denmark, so I have no excuse. :p:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    :blow:

I read the final volume of Claymore yesterday, a passable ending to a really enjoyable series. There's only so much that static images on a page can do to portray action, though - I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is probably the series I'd most like to see get an anime sequel or remake, regardless of how unlikely that is to happen now that the manga has ended.

Picking up the ongoing manga series Shounen Oujo to replace it, hopefully it'll be as good as people claim it is.

ReputationRep:
    Re Claymore: As far as I'm concerned, the best part of the series got animated (Teresa backstory), so I'm not longing for a remake. Would give it a watch if it happened though.

ReputationRep:
    Had a blast at MCM! I didn't buy too much but I had a really fun time there, even if the trip there and back was exhausting. Also, saw the cutest Mako cosplayer there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdwardElric)
    Had a blast at MCM! I didn't buy too much but I had a really fun time there, even if the trip there and back was exhausting. Also, saw the cutest Mako cosplayer there
    Omg I was there today It was my first time so my bank account suffered more than expected xD
    Such a great experience though. And I agree, some cosplayers looked so fab:love:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Re Claymore: As far as I'm concerned, the best part of the series got animated (Teresa backstory), so I'm not longing for a remake. Would give it a watch if it happened though.
    That and the War in the North were possibly the series' strongest points, story-wise, but after that the fights really began to escalate - I guess I just want to see those fights animated, preferably with the same staff and budget as Madhouse's current One Punch Man... meh, I'll keep dreaming. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    Omg I was there today It was my first time so my bank account suffered more than expected xD
    Such a great experience though. And I agree, some cosplayers looked so fab:love:
    It was my first time too, I definitely want to cosplay as someone next year. Looking into maybe doing a Killua cosplay if I can.

Weirdly enough I didn't end up spending as much as I thought I would, I'm very indecisive about buying things though. Just bought a few posters and a t-shirt. Trying to make my student budget last

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdwardElric)
    It was my first time too, I definitely want to cosplay as someone next year. Looking into maybe doing a Killua cosplay if I can.

Weirdly enough I didn't end up spending as much as I thought I would, I'm very indecisive about buying things though. Just bought a few posters and a t-shirt. Trying to make my student budget last
    Yeah same! I really wanna cosplay as Wendy from Fairy tail. Kilua would be such a cute cosplay idea ^^
    Yeah I totally understand! Tbh it's soo overpriced its insane

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    Yeah same! I really wanna cosplay as Wendy from Fairy tail. Kilua would be such a cute cosplay idea ^^
    Yeah I totally understand! Tbh it's soo overpriced its insane
    Oh yeah I saw quite a few Fairy Tail cosplayers there, esp. Lucy and Erza. Wendy is one of my fav characters from that show, haven't seen any cosplays of her IRL though.

The weirdest cosplay I saw though was probably the guy who cosplayed as Rei Ayanami :eek: I always like seeing Eva fans though so it's all good!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Trailer for the upcoming Macross Delta :coma:

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I watched the first episode of Brave Beats earlier, the only Autumn season anime that I skipped originally due to it airing so late. Doubt I'll be continuing with it, it lacked the charm and instantly-likable characters of Tribe Cool Crew, and felt more like a generic shounen battle anime with the dancing parts forced in as a gimmick.

ReputationRep:
    Death Note is my favourite and my favourite anime character is the douchebag Sasuke.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.