Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Holy crap I thought it was July still! Having blitzed some the Grisia shows recently i'm back into viewing again but not seen anything since I started plodding through Kill la Kill. I may as well run my Secret Santa again haven't I? Will have to see when as i'm in Holland next weekend. Want to be my elf again?

Is anybody interested in an Anime Secret Santa for TSR (it'll be my third year running it)?
    Roll call:
    nixons
    AJ
    Cara

Would any of you chaps be interested in the annual Anime Secret Santa? Quite easy to participate in really. In a nutshell you pick 3 animes for the person you are 'picking for' whilst also receiving 3 animes to watch from your secret santa. I handle all the admin work so no stress involved really
    I'm interested, I'm pretty sure I'll have some time to watch anime over the Christmas holidays. I also have quite a few rewatches lined up on /r/anime so it should be a pretty fun time.

ReputationRep:
    Holy crap I thought it was July still! Having blitzed some the Grisia shows recently i'm back into viewing again but not seen anything since I started plodding through Kill la Kill. I may as well run my Secret Santa again haven't I? Will have to see when as i'm in Holland next weekend. Want to be my elf again?

Is anybody interested in an Anime Secret Santa for TSR (it'll be my third year running it)?
    Roll call:
    nixons
    AJ
    Cara
    EdwardElric

Would any of you chaps be interested in the annual Anime Secret Santa? Quite easy to participate in really. In a nutshell you pick 3 animes for the person you are 'picking for' whilst also receiving 3 animes to watch from your secret santa. I handle all the admin work so no stress involved really
    I'll join, got a lot of free time over Christmas and binge watching 3 series sounds like fun

ReputationRep:
    I'd be up for joining again this year if that'd be alright? I'm not generally that active & I think I was a little tricky to select anime for last year due to having not had a fully up-to-date AP account/ I think I've rectified that now (hopefully?).

ReputationRep:
    Here's my MAL, I'd appreciate it if I got a few shows off my PTW list for Secret Santa as opposed to something I've already seen. http://myanimelist.net/profile/totorosneighbour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I usually write reviews for the series I've watched for the Secret Santa, but you don't have to go to that much effort if you don't want to. Just a post saying whether you enjoyed them or not would suffice. :yes:

...that's more than I usually get each year from the people I give series to, anyway. :sad: Unfortunately there's not much you can do if your recipient doesn't play along, aside from keep nagging them after Christmas once the givers' names are revealed to everyone. :p:
    As Mr Jellyfish said we do rely on the honesty of the people on TSR I have to say it is far better than some of the people on MAL/AP. As I take a short while to organise the secret santa, anybody who isn't interested usually drops out after a few days and I source active replacements So the majority of people taking part are active in this thread/forum and will be quite happy to see and receive feedback after xmas.

Absolutely fine asking questions It's quite fun receiving some bizarre yet strange anime choices!
    Ohh okay, well sounds interesting. Would be glad to actually fine some new anime as I've not actually seen many new ones (that are good anyway) that I end up finishing haha
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I've decided to drop Lance N' Masques and Concrete Revolutio mid-season, as neither was doing anything for me. Still deciding on what to replace them with (if anything).

ReputationRep:
    I'd be interested! Providing it's not nothing long like fairy tail or kintama or whatever that **** is called.

Also wanted to ask, i've watched the anime for both; Attack on Titan and Black Bullet.
    I'm really hooked on both, for anyone that hasn't watched them they're basically about a city after monsters have rampaged through the world etc and there's a wall stopping them from getting in the city. Anyways about the monsters in the anime there's a secret about their origins in both of them that is mentioned quite early on but doesn't get revealed.
    Black bullet is based on a light novel so is 13 episodes long and it won't be getting a 2nd season. Attack on Titan is rumored for a 2nd season in Q2 of 2016.

I just finished watching Black Bullet (well I actually watched it all in a time frame of 7 hours )
    Finished attack on titan months ago, and was going to read the manga for it but just didn't get round to it and kind of wanting to read the manga for at least 1 of them some time in the holidays.

Anyways I'll be reading both online, soooo which should I read ?

ReputationRep:
    Secret Santa
    I won't have the time to watch one show, let alone three, unfortunately. PTW list is big enough as it is :'(

ReputationRep:
    I forgot, here's my animelist: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/mariosatr
    A lot of my scoring is kind of inconsistent, it just depends on whether I enjoyed the series or not I guess.
    Favorite anime right now is probably Madoka Magica (though it depends on how recently I watched them, HxH and F/Z were my favorite at the time I watched them but I watched F/Z a very long time ago and HxH way before that, whereas I watched Madoka 2 weeks ago).
    Don't give me anything from my PTW list please, it's just there for the movies/new seasons that I need to remind myself to watch.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I've decided to pick up Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, High School Star Musical AND Shin Atashin'chi, since they each offered something completely different. So thanks again Random.guy and Cara! And since I hadn't planned on picking up three shows, I'll also be adding Peeping Life TV S1?? to even out my blog lineup - I'd already been watching it on the side, but it's so un-anime-like that I don't know how I'll compare it to everything else. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Random.guy)
    Ohh okay, well sounds interesting. Would be glad to actually fine some new anime as I've not actually seen many new ones (that are good anyway) that I end up finishing haha
    Great to hear

(Original post by xDave-)
    I won't have the time to watch one show, let alone three, unfortunately. PTW list is big enough as it is :'(
    You could request to have the three shows from your PTW list, if that would be an option? You could also just watch one (like I do) :lol:

(Original post by IAmYourdog)
    I'd be interested! Providing it's not nothing long like fairy tail or kintama or whatever that **** is called.

Also wanted to ask, i've watched the anime for both; Attack on Titan and Black Bullet.
    I'm really hooked on both, for anyone that hasn't watched them they're basically about a city after monsters have rampaged through the world etc and there's a wall stopping them from getting in the city. Anyways about the monsters in the anime there's a secret about their origins in both of them that is mentioned quite early on but doesn't get revealed.
    Black bullet is based on a light novel so is 13 episodes long and it won't be getting a 2nd season. Attack on Titan is rumored for a 2nd season in Q2 of 2016.

I just finished watching Black Bullet (well I actually watched it all in a time frame of 7 hours )
    Finished attack on titan months ago, and was going to read the manga for it but just didn't get round to it and kind of wanting to read the manga for at least 1 of them some time in the holidays.

Anyways I'll be reading both online, soooo which should I read ?
    Sure great to hear! You can specify episode count limits and genre limits for the secret santa (i'll let you know when). In short you can customise your criteria - e.g you can tell people to only pick 11 episode series' that aren't horror based etc.

(Original post by Parz1val)
    I'd be up for joining again this year if that'd be alright? I'm not generally that active & I think I was a little tricky to select anime for last year due to having not had a fully up-to-date AP account/ I think I've rectified that now (hopefully?).
    Of course old bean welcome back once again.

(Original post by EdwardElric)
    Here's my MAL, I'd appreciate it if I got a few shows off my PTW list for Secret Santa as opposed to something I've already seen. http://myanimelist.net/profile/totorosneighbour
    Jolly good! We have a question based system which you repost in the thread (when I create it) and it covers things like episode count limits, genre likes/hates, general comments for your santa to base their choices on.

ReputationRep:
    My Reverse Thieves Secret Santa was pretty kind to me this year - Gungrave, Ergo Proxy & Victorian Romance Emma. Had planed to watch Gungrave at some point, Ergo Proxy is one that is a glaring omission in my watched list and I've heard positive things about Emma. Pretty happy this year......unlike last year when I ended up with a pretty meh 80s mecha show (Panzer World Galient, which I watched out of lack of choice), Love Live (I don't like idol shows) and Robotics;Notes (which I didn't even want to watch when it came out).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Anyone looking forward to Shingeki no Bahamut: Manaria Friends?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Anyone looking forward to Shingeki no Bahamut: Manaria Friends?
    Tentatively; I'm not familiar with the game, but I did like the first Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis anime. I'm more interested in the direct sequel for that since I liked the characters, but will happily watch anything in the same universe. :yes:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Tentatively; I'm not familiar with the game, but I did like the first Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis anime. I'm more interested in the direct sequel for that since I liked the characters, but will happily watch anything in the same universe. :yes:
    Yeah this one is based off of an event in the game with a magic school and everything going to **** with demons. Really hope it doesn't turn into a load of fanservice, also interested in how they do the story.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Just read the penultimate volume of the Sidonia no Kishi manga... can't wait to see how it all ends. :zomg: I'd love to see the whole series animated too, though judging by how Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki 'ended', that's unlikely. :s:

ReputationRep:
    I went to watch Love Live! The School Idol Movie in Edinburgh a few weeks ago and it was a wonderful experience. Had to spend six hours on a train getting there and back but it was worth it. The movie was a great end to the first iteration of the franchise and it felt very special to be able to experience it with other fans. Now to eagerly anticipate the inevitable Love Live! Sunshine anime in a few years.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Hey, everyone. I know I haven't been active lately. Life as a mother is consuming much of my time these days. I'm struggling to even watch much anime.

One-Punch Man remains one of my clear favourites of the season, but I'm also pleased at how the new Gundam series is panning out. I'm oddly keeping up to date with Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry and Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, both of which bearing such a similarity that initially I kept mixing them up. I'm enjoying both for what they are, but if I had to choose which one is faring better at the moment, I'd probably go for Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, purely because the main characters are surprisingly honest and frank with each other regarding their feelings, which oddly contrasts with everything else about the series because it's rather refreshing.

Going to try and catch up on some of the others I'm watching this weekend too. I'll admit that my husband and I are currently engrossed in the Walking Dead, which is also eating into my time watching anime.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Hey, everyone. I know I haven't been active lately. Life as a mother is consuming much of my time these days. I'm struggling to even watch much anime.

One-Punch Man remains one of my clear favourites of the season, but I'm also pleased at how the new Gundam series is panning out. I'm oddly keeping up to date with Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry and Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, both of which bearing such a similarity that initially I kept mixing them up. I'm enjoying both for what they are, but if I had to choose which one is faring better at the moment, I'd probably go for Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, purely because the main characters are surprisingly honest and frank with each other regarding their feelings, which oddly contrasts with everything else about the series because it's rather refreshing.

Going to try and catch up on some of the others I'm watching this weekend too. I'll admit that my husband and I are currently engrossed in the Walking Dead, which is also eating into my time watching anime.
    Always nice to read your updates!

I picked up Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry mid-season, and agree that it has some refreshingly interesting characters and character development... if you can make it past the most generic 'magical school battle harem' first episode in the history of anime. :giggle: Largely a guilty pleasure for me, but it does have its genuinely good moments.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Always nice to read your updates!

I picked up Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry mid-season, and agree that it has some refreshingly interesting characters and character development... if you can make it past the most generic 'magical school battle harem' first episode in the history of anime. :giggle: Largely a guilty pleasure for me, but it does have its genuinely good moments.
    Thanks, I'll try to be a bit more active than I have been lately.

Yeah, precisely. I kind of went into both series knowing want to expect, so I didn't even think about the first episode and how generic it was.

On another note, I haven't checked your A-P list yet, but I'm guessing you're watching the following?:

Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen
    Heavy Object
    Subete ga F ni Naru
    Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa ****ai ga Umatteiru
    Concrete Revolutio Choujin Gensou
    Comet Lucifer

I've either seen the first episode or nothing and was wondering whether you'd recommend any? Specifically, how is the new Utawarerumono anime faring? I enjoyed the first series, so I'm quite keen to pick this one up properly.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.