Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    :tumble:

So Digimon Adventure Tri got translated a lot quicker than expected - the first film only starts showing in cinemas in Japan this weekend, and Crunchyroll already has it. :zomg: Apparently they've split it into four 'episodes', though. I'll hold out on watching it for now, I have enough on my plate with my 20 ongoing series and A-P's secret santa pics.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-friday/.95592
    Is this worth watching for someone who has seen none of the series ever? I think Digimon was targeted at a younger audience, but is this one a more mature remake? I'm imagining it to be what Pokemon Origins was to the Pokemon series, and I thought that was great, but maybe I'm wrong.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Is this worth watching for someone who has seen none of the series ever? I think Digimon was targeted at a younger audience, but is this one a more mature remake? I'm imagining it to be what Pokemon Origins was to the Pokemon series, and I thought that was great, but maybe I'm wrong.
    I don't know for certain, since I've not watched Adventure Tri, but since they're bringing back the characters from the first series and aging them up a bit, I'd assume they're trying to appeal to fans from back then who are older now. Still, I doubt they'll want to completely cut off the younger audience or change what made the original popular, so hopefully it'll be a bit of both? :dontknow:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I've started four of my A-P secret santa series (trying to pace myself so that I finish the first few in early December, so my review(s) counts towards the badge).

Gingitsune is just adorable, Boogiepop Phantom is really creepy, Figure 17 has a good mix of both (Family Friendly tag, really?), and Here is Greenwood is just as fun as the manga. Struggling to pick a favourite/least favourite at this point, I got really lucky this year!

ReputationRep:
    So I haven't got the time to do the Secret Santa this year - between my 'holiday', illness and even more travel around the country for work there isn't enough time on my behalf to do it. Sorry guys!

On a separate note I just noticed the Clannad Visual Novel is on Steam at last the two things stopping me getting it is the £30 price tag and the fact you can't hide games from your friends in the Steam library (which I would rather do).
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    So I haven't got the time to do the Secret Santa this year - between my 'holiday', illness and even more travel around the country for work there isn't enough time on my behalf to do it. Sorry guys!

On a separate note I just noticed the Clannad Visual Novel is on Steam at last the two things stopping me getting it is the £30 price tag and the fact you can't hide games from your friends in the Steam library (which I would rather do).
    Sorry to hear you're not feeling up to it - I'd be happy to cover for you this year though, as it'd be a shame to see it cancelled. Are you interested in participating?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Sorry to hear you're not feeling up to it - I'd be happy to cover for you this year though, as it'd be a shame to see it cancelled. Are you interested in participating?
    Are you sure amigo? You do enough tedious admin work for us by creating those brilliant preview threads. Feel free to cannibalise my previous ones if it saves you time.

I'd sign up for it yes and i'd try to watch probably just the one series
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Are you sure amigo? You do enough tedious admin work for us by creating those brilliant preview threads. Feel free to cannibalise my previous ones if it saves you time.

I'd sign up for it yes and i'd try to watch probably just the one series
    No problem, it sounds like fun. And I don't need an elf - I got twice the number of recs as I was supposed to in the Anime-Planet secret santa for some bizarre reason, and they're all really good, so I might as well focus on those this year.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Secret Santa thread is up :blow:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Who is your favourite Hitachiin twin? Mine Is Kaoru
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Also, can anyone else tell the twins apart?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. Finally caught up with Durarara and finished the second season. Overall I thought it was pretty good.

Haven't caught up with One Punch Man though, so I'll need to get on that. School work and applying to uni seem to be eating up a lot of time.

ReputationRep:
    Just popping in here to confirm that steins gate is perfection
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by FlareBlitz96)
    Just popping in here to confirm that steins gate is perfection
    Correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)

Correct.
    I see you've been browsing reddit recently
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Loyota)
    I see you've been browsing reddit recently
    Of course

ReputationRep:
    I'm so depressed.

I just finished Mirai Nikki + the OVA, there's tears in my eyes and I don't know what to do now....

What a masterpiece.

ReputationRep:
    I'm finally watching some anime after like 2 years, which brought me here.

OPM is pretty amazing
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I've been neglecting this thread due to the amount of work involved in setting up the Secret Santa... nearly time for a new ontopic thread, though!

I got my Kickstarter backer email for Under the Dog, so should have a huge load of rewards on the way in the near future.

(Original post by Yuuki)
    I'm finally watching some anime after like 2 years, which brought me here.

OPM is pretty amazing
    Long time no see!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how the Ajin anime is going to work? I see a film and a tv series on Anime-Planet, and I'd heard it was going to be a series of films originally.

http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/ajin-movie-1-shoudou
    http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/ajin
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Anyone know how the Ajin anime is going to work? I see a film and a tv series on Anime-Planet, and I'd heard it was going to be a series of films originally.

http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/ajin-movie-1-shoudou
    http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/ajin
    It's getting a movie trilogy and a TV series, the latter of which is due to air next season.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...january/.92749

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.