Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

Announcements
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Two pages left before this old thread is put to rest~

Here's a link to my first A-P Secret Santa review, for Boogiepop Phantom, in case anybody is interested. I hope to post a second review tomorrow, for either Here is Greenwood or Gingitsune. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    It's getting a movie trilogy and a TV series, the latter of which is due to air next season.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...january/.92749
    Ah right. That's what I'd heard but then I saw AP said Winter 2016, which I thought meant December next year. That's good then; can't say there's much on my watch list for the Winter season but this will definitely be on it. Heard lots of good things about it.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Second A-P Secret Santa review, for Gingitsune.

(Original post by xDave-)
    Ah right. That's what I'd heard but then I saw AP said Winter 2016, which I thought meant December next year. That's good then; can't say there's much on my watch list for the Winter season but this will definitely be on it. Heard lots of good things about it.
    I've not looked much at what's coming next season, but with any luck I'll have a thread up next weekend. And yeah, Ajin will probably be on my list for the same reason.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Argh, Anime-Planet is down due to DDoS attacks again. :s: Hopefully it'll be back to normal tomorrow, I had hoped on posting another Secret Santa review (if only to bump this thread...)

(36 posts left :blow:)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Here's a list of my Top 12 anime OP themes from 2015, in case anybody's interested.

(We'll reach 10,000 posts by the New Year, even if I have to do the last 35 myself :blow: )

ReputationRep:
    I made a Mirai Nikki gif

Im so old with anime im watching kuroko no basket and cowboy bebop

To be fair tho im waiting for season 2 of rokka no yuusha and akatsuki no yona

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    A-P Secret Santa review for Here is Greenwood~

(Original post by Hibzish)
    To be fair tho im waiting for season 2 of rokka no yuusha and akatsuki no yona
    I'd love to see those two get continuations... unlikely in Rokka no Yuusha's case though, since the anime really didn't sell in Japan. :s:

A-P Secret Santa review for Here is Greenwood~

I'd love to see those two get continuations... unlikely in Rokka no Yuusha's case though, since the anime really didn't sell in Japan. :s:
    really? i thought it was a given they would continue because of where it ended, like it didn't end. This has upset me because i get bored of manga quickly
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Hibzish)
    really? i thought it was a given they would continue because of where it ended, like it didn't end. This has upset me because i get bored of manga quickly
    A lot of anime seem to end on cliffhangers, probably to encourage fans to buy and support the series if they want more... if it doesn't work out, they're just left hanging there. :s:

Rokka no Yuusha is based on a light novel, in case that's preferable to manga (though a manga adaptation also exists). :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Everyone excited for Shokugeki no Soma Season 2?!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Loyota)
    Everyone excited for Shokugeki no Soma Season 2?!
    Yeah, the first series was good fun, and I'd like to see how the main Autumn Election progresses... hard to believe the last few episodes were only the preliminaries!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Here's a list of my Top 12 anime OP themes from 2015, in case anybody's interested.

...and here are my Top 12 ending themes
    . :blow:

ReputationRep:
    I don't tend to listen to ending themes as much, because I'm often trying to watch as many episodes as possible in the shortest amount of time. I also haven't watched a lot of animes, but my favourites from the ones I have watched are Utsukushiki Zankoku na Sekai by Yoko Hikasa (Shingeki no Kyojin) and Lacrimosa by Kalafina (Kuro****suji).

On another note, I finished watching No Game No Life last night.... and I feel empty inside. I love animes that require you to digest each episode because there is so much packed into them.

ReputationRep:

(We'll reach 10,000 posts by the New Year, even if I have to do the last 35 myself :blow: )
    Brave Shine from UBW was easily my favourite OP. You not a fan?

Kekkai Sensen comfortably my favorite OP. I enjoy this cover a lot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqlHlCzBuew

Your link on the Seraph OP doesn't seem to work btw.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by BookBird)
    I don't tend to listen to ending themes as much, because I'm often trying to watch as many episodes as possible in the shortest amount of time. I also haven't watched a lot of animes, but my favourites from the ones I have watched are Utsukushiki Zankoku na Sekai by Yoko Hikasa (Shingeki no Kyojin) and Lacrimosa by Kalafina (Kuro****suji).

On another note, I finished watching No Game No Life last night.... and I feel empty inside. I love animes that require you to digest each episode because there is so much packed into them.
    Those were just my favourite ending themes from this year's series. I struggle to narrow down my all time favourites from everything I've watched, though from the top of my head, See-Saw's Yasashii Yoake (from .hack//SIGN) has got to be a contender.

I'm a big fan of the two you mentioned as well though.

(Original post by xDave-)
    Brave Shine from UBW was easily my favourite OP. You not a fan?

Kekkai Sensen comfortably my favorite OP. I enjoy this cover a lot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqlHlCzBuew

Your link on the Seraph OP doesn't seem to work btw.
    Cheers for letting me know about the Seraph OP, I'll fix that now.

I feel bad about leaving out the Kekkai Sensen OP, it'd definitely be my #13.

You're not the first person to call me out on not including Brave Shine... for whatever reason, the song did nothing for me. I think I skipped it every week, and when I rewatched the themes for all the 2015 series right before making the post (helps to refresh my memory), it didn't stand out at all. :dontknow:

(Original post by Plagioclase)
    :waffo:
    For whatever reason, I can't see your post/quote, though it's showing up in my notifications. :hmmmm2: Ignore this if you intentionally deleted it or something.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    For whatever reason, I can't see your post/quote, though it's showing up in my notifications. :hmmmm2: Ignore this if you intentionally deleted it or something.
    I'm illiterate, so I didn't realise that your lists of OP/ending themes were just about 2015, so was unfairly complaining about omissions :lol:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    :waffo: Winter season preview thread is up! :waffo:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Just wanted to say that Charlotte has the biggest bloody plot twist I have ever seen O_O

allowing the quality of my posts to slip slightly to reach that magical 10k

ReputationRep:
    Will preview in good time my friend. I'm rather confident it will be a good of read as always. I have seen one potential series to watch but doubt i'll be keeping up with the rest.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.