Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    One piece is like some sort of horribly addictive drug where it's never enough and just leaves you wanting more and more.:hmpf:

Little baby child luffy :emog:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    One piece is like some sort of horribly addictive drug where it's never enough and just leaves you wanting more and more.:hmpf:

Little baby child luffy :emog:
    Pretty much. :giggle: But god it's awesome. The manga's gonna get pretty good again. :love:

--

I've fallen out of the anime loop completely. :sad: *shame face* :emo: I feel like getting back into the game though.

Could anyone recommend to me some great and quite recent anime? Possibly from this season or the previous? :cute: Thanks!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I realise that whole Desu meme thing comes from Suiseiseki from Rozen Maiden, but I've never thought to watch it. Could someone tell me whether it is actually good or is it well known due to the emergence of the meme?

ReputationRep:
    It was quite an enjoyable show :yes: Funny and at times quite sad. If I recall correctly I did prefer the first season to the second- it's two seasons of 12 episodes. I'd recommend it, for a while in 08ish it was in my top five

Also :desu:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Truered)
    It was quite an enjoyable show :yes: Funny and at times quite sad. If I recall correctly I did prefer the first season to the second- it's two seasons of 12 episodes. I'd recommend it, for a while in 08ish it was in my top five

Also :desu:
    Ah thank you, I checked out some people' view of it, generally it seems to be seen as quite good so I'll check it out. Thank you

Also :nyoron:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    Could anyone recommend to me some great and quite recent anime? Possibly from this season or the previous? :cute: Thanks!
    I'd say the best thing this season (out of those I'm watching at least) is Steins;Gate by a long shot; I'm also really liking Dororon Enma-kun, but ratings on A-P suggest that might just be me. :o:

From last season, my personal favorite was Hourou Musuko, though I've no doubt it'll be remembered largely as the season that brought us Puella Magi Madoka Magica, rated 16th for a reason. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I'd say the best thing this season (out of those I'm watching at least) is Steins;Gate by a long shot; I'm also really liking Dororon Enma-kun, but ratings on A-P suggest that might just be me. :o:
    I was initially "well it's ok" but as the series continued it got funnier and thanks to a certain character also more :teeth: worthy

:teeth:

Also for some reason that Dr Demon image always amuses me :mmm:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Truered)
    I was initially "well it's ok" but as the series continued it got funnier and thanks to a certain character also more :teeth: worthy

:teeth:

Also for some reason that Dr Demon image always amuses me :mmm:
    Yeah, the humour is pretty crude, but still funny, a refreshing change from the regular ecchi shows. Likable characters, a great voice cast, awesome animation and tons of fun insert themes... what's not to like?

ReputationRep:
    finished Seitokai Yakuindomo, it was a decent series, had some good sex jokes, a bit gross sometimes :p: but the series as a whole just didnt really grab me :dontknow:

Hen Zemi 9 was a surprise :eek3: i prefered the fake her :puppyeyes: ep 10 oh dear :no: :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    finished Seitokai Yakuindomo, it was a decent series, had some good sex jokes, a bit gross sometimes :p: but the series as a whole just didnt really grab me :dontknow:

Hen Zemi 9 was a surprise :eek3: i prefered the fake her :puppyeyes: ep 10 oh dear :no: :mmm:
    Judo :sexface:

I've completed the Light path of my snes game...now to complete the imperial,chaos and indepedent paths :awesome: <- my excuse for being 5 episodes behind you :gah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Judo :sexface:

I've completed the Light path of my snes game...now to complete the imperial,chaos and indepedent paths :awesome: &lt;- my excuse for being 5 episodes behind you :gah:
    :wtf: i thought you had already finished the series so that you recd it to me :huff:

in other news, zombie desu OVA is out :zomg: but gona wait for decent subs :p: HD-subs :lolwut:

just got back to watching Kaiji 2, ep 4

Spoiler:
    Show
    he owes bout 20k after last ep, but why does it say if he gives the 45k back this month, and give 90k back next month, he wont be in debt anymore cos that adds up to 135k and not 20k :confused:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    :wtf: i thought you had already finished the series so that you recd it to me :huff:

in other news, zombie desu OVA is out :zomg: but gona wait for decent subs :p: HD-subs :lolwut:

just got back to watching Kaiji 2, ep 4

Spoiler:
    Show
    he owes bout 20k after last ep, but why does it say if he gives the 45k back this month, and give 90k back next month, he wont be in debt anymore cos that adds up to 135k and not 20k :confused:
    Spoilers for Kaiji 2 ep 4:

Spoiler:
    Show
    The agreement he made in episode 2 was that he'd play with money borrowed from his next paycheck (60,000 perica). If he won in the gambling and was able to pay Ohtsuki back this advance, he'd be able to keep any money he made on top of that. But if he lost, he'd have to pay back 90,000 instead. His gambling losses of ~22k (as you correctly mentioned) are added to this 90k, giving him a debt of at least 112k if my maths is right. Not sure where the extra ~23k comes from though; it's been a few weeks since I watched those episodes, and I didn't go into much detail on the exact figures in my blog posts.

ReputationRep:
    Spoilers for Kaiji 2 ep 4:

Spoiler:
    Show
    The agreement he made in episode 2 was that he'd play with money borrowed from his next paycheck (60,000 perica). If he won in the gambling and was able to pay Ohtsuki back this advance, he'd be able to keep any money he made on top of that. But if he lost, he'd have to pay back 90,000 instead. His gambling losses of ~22k (as you correctly mentioned) are added to this 90k, giving him a debt of at least 112k if my maths is right. Not sure where the extra ~23k comes from though; it's been a few weeks since I watched those episodes, and I didn't go into much detail on the exact figures in my blog posts.
    ah cheers AJ, makes more sense now, totally forgot about that, been a while since i wached the first 3 eps :p:

Spoiler:
    Show
    he could have just meant that the 90k next month is more than enough to cover the rest of his debt :dontknow:

i just hate it when numbers dont add up, wasnt able to continue that ep because of it :redface:

i may actualy download those HD-subs for zombie desu, wana watch it now :p:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Fannymotion no longer hold the licenses for Higurashi and Zero no Tsukaima, since both apparently sold awfully. Wouldn't have bothered mentioning this if it weren't for their exact wording regarding Higurashi:

(Original post by ANN)
    The post noted that Funimation never acquired the rights to the When They Cry (:yucky:) sequel series, such as Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai or the related Umineko no Naku Koro ni nor would it seek out series "that bears even a minor resemblance."
    This from the company that recently confirmed blu ray and DVD releases for Shiki. :hmmmm2: 'Not seeking series that bear even a minor resemblance' is a bit harsh... but screw them anyway. :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    Aside from Steins; Gate Id also reccomend Deadman wonderland and Tiger & Bunny :yes: Did check out the first ep of Dororon Enma-kun but it was just to :yucky: :erm:.

Up to ep 480 of one piece:sad:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    he freed him:zomg: i didnt think that would happen :erm:. Garp let him through, in the end he didnt want to stop his little grand son.:cry2: Of course Fleet Admiral Sengoku wasnt about to let them get away... I knew he must be hiding some great strength but transforming in to a great big gold Buddha :shock: ...oh and the afro is just cool.:awesome:

Fannymotion no longer hold the licenses for Higurashi and Zero no Tsukaima, since both apparently sold awfully. Wouldn't have bothered mentioning this if it weren't for their exact wording regarding Higurashi:

This from the company that recently confirmed blu ray and DVD releases for Shiki. :hmmmm2: 'Not seeking series that bear even a minor resemblance' is a bit harsh... but screw them anyway. :yawn:
    :eyebrow: that sounds somewhat unprofessional, but oh well it's not as if they ever do anything for us anyway.:huff:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I just received an email from the website Anime Picks; apparently they read a post of mine and wanted to know if I'd write for them! :blush: Anyone else get the same email? Anyway, I've asked whether I can get some sort of fortnightly review/article about really obscure anime, though judging by what's on the site already it's unlikely they'll be interested, seems a bit mainstream and UK-release focused. :o: Still, though I'd spread the word in case anyone else is interested in writing for them but hasn't been emailed.

ReputationRep:

I grumbled a bit about it on ANN and then mentioned how happy I was that at least Yen press were giving me the manga :teehee:

I normally read ANN for news and stuff, and I never even knew they'd picked up the series from geneon :nyoron:

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of reviews does anyone else care to try to revive the old review thread.:hmmm:
    One piece 482:cry2:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ace you fool rising to the admirals bait like that :bawling: Why throw away the life white beard luffy and everyone worked together to save.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, can anyone suggest a more mature "fantasy" anime in regards to it still being one with people with superpowers/fighting with swords/fists etc, but one where they're not afraid to kill enemies and show it?

I'm watching through One Piece but at points it's just far too optimistic and happy....I want something darker. :p:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by ArchedEdge)
    Guys, can anyone suggest a more mature "fantasy" anime in regards to it still being one with people with superpowers/fighting with swords/fists etc, but one where they're not afraid to kill enemies and show it?

I'm watching through One Piece but at points it's just far too optimistic and happy....I want something darker. :p:
    Quite a few spring to mind. :hmmmm2: You might want to look at the following:

Record of Lodoss War

Escaflowne

Windaria

Chrno Crusade

Utawarerumono

Guin Saga

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.