Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Today has been a good day for grabbing anime. I now have all of Space Battleship Yamato (wow that synopsis must be old, A-P wouldn't accept something like that these days :p:) and Neo Ranga. The average age of the series on my want to watch list increases further. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Today has been a good day for grabbing anime. I now have all of Space Battleship Yamato (wow that synopsis must be old, A-P wouldn't accept something like that these days :p:) and Neo Ranga. The average age of the series on my want to watch list increases further. :giggle:
    :poke: is space battleship yamato is easy to get hold of ?:puppyeyes:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by vin)
    :poke: is space battleship yamato is easy to get hold of ?:puppyeyes:
    It was difficult for me, having to use non-Megaupload filehosts on campus, but it seems easy enough to get by torrent if you can.

A-P annoyingly has all three TV series listed under one entry, though, so rather than downloading the 26 episodes of season 1 to see if I liked it, my OCD insisted I get all 75 episodes. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HolyFuzazzle)
    Oh, and did you like it? I've only seen the anime, but I heard Haruhi herself isn't even in the movie that much... Which is fine for me, I don't dislike her but... She's just not amazingly epic to me.
    Just watched it now, and yeah I thought it was actually really good. Also, it's true that Haruhi isn't in it much - probably about 40 mins of a 2.4h movie. Overall, if you liked the original series, then there's no doubt you'll like the movie.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I might try it, but if I don't like it I'm blaming you :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    *stuff*
    :poke:wasnt the pixelated haruhi picture supposed to be changed at some point:s:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by vin)
    :poke:wasnt the pixelated haruhi picture supposed to be changed at some point:s:
    I don't remember that ever being discussed. :confused: I remember we voted to change the old Hamtaro logo to the Haruhi one years ago, but if there have been plans to change it again then I've obviously missed out on the discussion.

I can see the sense in changing it now though. Since after the forum upgrade the soc logos have all been stretched to 100x100, and our current one doesn't look that great. I'd be happy to put it up for a vote like last time, so if anyone has any suggestions then by all means post them here.

*grumbles about having to change the first post so soon after the thread has started*
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Having just finished Princess Nine, I have to say that the anime has really gone beyond what I was expecting when I first picked it up. It became clear after the fifth episode that the emphasis was more on the romance and drama than the sport itself, in very much the same vein as an Adachi series, and this was handled extremely well.

The character development was believable and added the necessary amount of depth and the drama, particularly the love triangle that ensued throughout, was as frustratingly enjoyable to watch as that of Touch.

So, while I was already intending to give this 4/5, upon further contemplation, I'm willing to give it 4.5.

ReputationRep:
    Being a long term member, I shall suggest this:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I was thinking more

Or perhaps

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking more

Or perhaps

Aye, a good deal jollier. Luffy is ideal. I just didn't have any pictures.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Personally, I'd go for something a bit more neutral than Luffy. The character design is unique and not exactly representative of anime in its entirely. In this respect, out of the three proposed, I'd go for Konata. :yes:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by November 11)
    Aye, a good deal jollier. Luffy is ideal. I just didn't have any pictures.
    I thought Konata would be an amusing choice, being a giant otaku herself. :giggle: Luffy, on the other hand, is a character that most anime fans would have come across, and its safe to say the vast majority of current members are following One Piece.

(Original post by Aiko)
    Personally, I'd go for something a bit more neutral than Luffy. The character design is unique and not exactly representative of anime in its entirely. In this respect, out of three proposed, I'd go for Konata. :yes:
    That was my main worry about Luffy/One Piece - a lot of people are put off by the animation style. Also, I wouldn't want to paint this society as just another anime discussion board that focuses only on shonen; I'd want a logo character to be recognizable and fairly main stream, but wouldn't go as far as Naruto. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I thought Konata would be an amusing choice, being a giant otaku herself. :giggle: Luffy, on the other hand, is a character that most anime fans would have come across, and its safe to say the vast majority of current members are following One Piece.
    What I had in mind, though Aiko's point is also valid.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Well either way, those are two pictures I plucked from Google after a 3 minute search. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'll put them together and we can vote on it. :yes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    That was my main worry about Luffy/One Piece - a lot of people are put off by the animation style. Also, I wouldn't want to paint this society as just another anime discussion board that focuses only on shonen; I'd want a logo character to be recognizable and fairly main stream, but wouldn't go as far as Naruto. :p:
    Agreed. The avatar you've chosen of her is somewhat similar to the one we have of Haruhi at the moment. I'm not adverse to having an avatar of Motoko either since I'd imagine GITS to be more universally liked than Lucky Star, which could be something of an acquired taste. It's entirely up to you, though. :smile:

Edit: Although I do like that picture of Konata. It's colourful and her spunky personality shines through. If you have nothing else in mind, I'd say go for it. You can always replace it later should you choose to. :tongue:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Agreed. The avatar you've chosen of her is somewhat similar to the one we have of Haruhi at the moment. I'm not adverse to having an avatar of Motoko either since I'd imagine GITS to be more universally liked than Lucky Star, which could be something of an acquired taste. It's entirely up to you, though. :smile:

Edit: Although I do like that picture of Konota. It's colourful and her spunky personality shines through. If you have nothing else in mind, I'd say go for it. You can always replace it later should you choose to. :tongue:
    I don't want to change the logo with the backing of just one/two people. :p: If a load of other regular members say they like it then that's fine, it'd save a lot of time and hassle. But that's for them to decide.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I don't want to change the logo with the backing of just one/two people. :p: If a load of other regular members say they like it then that's fine, it'd save a lot of time and hassle. But that's for them to decide.
    Of course, I was simply giving my approval. You're perfectly entitled to ask the others as well before you commit. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    i think we should have

Spoiler:
    Show

:awesome:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    i think we should have

Spoiler:
    Show

:awesome:
    Euge, you've reminded me of another character we could use:

I kid. :tongue:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.