ReputationRep:
    Been looking to watch votoms at some point. Mechs look ugly though.:erm:

...The kiss in genshiken 2 ep 4 was a bit too graphic :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    The americans in genshiken.:rofl: So badly behaved :lolwut:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    For those interested, the much awaited film adaptation of Tezuka's Buddha is finally encroaching its release. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a translation for an interview with the director, but here it is anyway:

http://www.animeanime.jp/interview/d...morisita1.html
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    On another note, I randomly decided to type 'anime' into Spotify and there's a surprising amount of tributes to various series. Currently listening to one for Gundam X. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    For any of you who watched it what was The world god only knows like then? I ask only because I heard about the MSGundam parody in the last episode.:erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    For any of you who watched it what was The world god only knows like then? I ask only because I heard about the MSGundam parody in the last episode.:erm:
    It is the very definition of 'meh'. You can just watch the final episode if you're curious - its standalone and probably one of the better episodes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    It is the very definition of 'meh'. You can just watch the final episode if you're curious - its standalone and probably one of the better episodes.
    Ah I thought as much. :s: Didnt really think much of it when I took a look at the first ep when the series started.:erm:

Finished C.:beard: I got the message they were trying to convey. The premise and setting was certainly interesting and I thought the series on the whole looked pretty good. But it could have done with some more eps. Those latter ones felt like they were moving too fast and some more explanations would have helped more. :hmmmm: The conclusion was a bit odd really.

Gonna watch Steins;gate now
    Spoiler:
    Show
    tu tu ru

ReputationRep:
    are there any great animes similar to 'Monster' ? it does not have to be supernatural but it should be interesting with mesmerising plot

Domo Arigato!

ReputationRep:
    Steins;Gate 13
    Spoiler:
    Show
    **** **** **** :s:

That last one...you knew exactly what was going to happen but it didnt lessen the impact.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by TobeTheHero)
    are there any great animes similar to 'Monster' ? it does not have to be supernatural but it should be interesting with mesmerising plot

Domo Arigato!
    Offhand:

Death Note
    Gankutsuou
    Shiki
    Blood+
    Paranoia Agent
    Boogiepop Phantom
    Texhnolyze
    Witch Hunter Robin
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (including 2nd GIG)
    Serial Experiments Lain
    Darker Than Black

ReputationRep:
    Finally got round to watching ep 10 of Deadman Wonderland ..didnt really feel like watching it before. I think Crow should have been the main character rather than ganta.:indiff:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    ANN reports that the 13th episode of Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko won't be airing on TV due to delays caused by the earthquake, but will be on the DVD/Blu-ray release. :yes:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    The replacement OP for Hyouge Mono sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    I didn't bother with the second series. I ended up watching the first, as it was on CR and available on my ipod. Mainly forgettable, really liked the OP, but didn't bother with the second series as I expected it would be more of the same, and the first series was already starting to drag :mmm:

So far I've finished one show from this season. Battle girls/Sengoku Otome :ahee:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Truered)
    I didn't bother with the second series. I ended up watching the first, as it was on CR and available on my ipod. Mainly forgettable, really liked the OP, but didn't bother with the second series as I expected it would be more of the same, and the first series was already starting to drag :mmm:
    Not even worth marathoning?

ReputationRep:
    I don't get on too well with marathoning...I either start well and fade, or take ages and suddenly pick up months later. In probably twice the time it took me to watch 50 episodes of one piece, I've watched another 14 :nyoron: (Also after about three episodes I tend to need a break, which can end up being weeks :mmm: )

Plus I have too much to catch up on, so it'd be low down- before that I have all of Card captor Sakura, or Nanoha to watch :borat:

ReputationRep:
    Actually that has reminded me. There have only ever been three shows which I could really say I felt I was "marathoning"

The original FMA in my second Uni year (in between revising for exams during the summer term :teehee: ) and then a year later when I got back into FMA:B around the point it became new/manga material. Burnt through a lot of episodes.

The slightly odder, possibly most episode intense (and also embarrassing) one was during my first year at uni during the dark days of using a crappy streaming site- when I watched all 39 episodes of Otogi Jushi Akazukin during a three day weekend :mmm:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Nothing embarrassing about marathoning Otogi Jushi Akazukin. :nah: PAAAAMPUKING!

I was puzzled as to why some sites listed Panda! Go Panda! as being an hour long, while others said half an hour. Turns out it has a sequel, which is tacked on the end of the first on the DVD LOVEFiLM sent me, which explains the confusion. I'm not complaining, as it's two A-P entries for the price of one.

ReputationRep:
    I dont suppose anyone's managed to find the new last exile pv on youtube thats not been taken down yet?:puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Nothing embarrassing about marathoning Otogi Jushi Akazukin. :nah: PAAAAMPUKING!
    Youtube never has the "Jushi jushi ju-ju-ju-jushi" song from that episode :sad:

Man, that was back in the dark days of using veoh :teehee:

Some of my cheap zavvi DVDs arrived. Picked up xxxholic for just under £8, FMAB part 3 and Rin, daughter of word I can't spell.

Don't know about the soul eater collection yet

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.