Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    Ive just remembered I was supposed to be watching Lain :erm: got distracted by something else months ago with 3 eps left

ReputationRep:
    Read Shaman King (the rewrite) the other day. For the most part, it was good. The first 150 chapters or so were pretty good, but kind of standard shonen. The main disappointments for me were:

1. After about a third of the way through you could tell the mangaka didn't really plan far ahead with the 'how to get stronger' plots.
    2. Around the same time they seemed to just forget about side characters. This is especially frustrating at the end where they hint at some characters backgrounds but then never follow it up.
    3. The ending was ridiculously rushed, but I don't understand why though. After 250+ chapters and nearing the end, why would you just think "**** it" and give a standard, not-thought-out ending? The ending very much reminds me of Psyren (except I assume the circumstances were different as Psyren got cancelled and had not choice).

Other than that, it was certainly readable and the three main characters (Yoh, Ren and Anna) kept the story refreshing for a certain time.

Overall: 3/5

ReputationRep:
    I think Shaman King got cancelled too? I'm pretty sure the author had to finish up in a hurry, in any case.

- Pips

ReputationRep:
    what a great end to Level E, a couple of twists there in the end :laugh: series started off well then there was just random sillyness which was a bit hit and miss :p: but overall was a pretty enjoyable show some great characters especially the baka prince and craft-san :rofl:

also finished Hen Zemi, it was enjoyable but not as intense as the OVAs :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hello I joined the society a few days ago and realised it was probably about time I popped in and said hi. I've only recently gotten into anime so I haven't seen a lot of shows but am willing to take any reccommendations anyone has to offer, I have a full Summer ahead so am hoping to pick up loadsa shows

Feel free to take a peek at my anime planet profile: http://www.anime-planet.com/users/CatiLaLa though it is a little scarce at the moment.
    I hope to keep up my new enjoyment of anime and it'll be good to have a place to come to so I can discuss it

(Original post by Pippin4242)
    I think Shaman King got cancelled too? I'm pretty sure the author had to finish up in a hurry, in any case.

- Pips
    It was. Fell pretty badly for a popular series, and got a crappy ending.

If only bleach would go the same way.....
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Cati.LaLa)
    Hello I joined the society a few days ago and realised it was probably about time I popped in and said hi. I've only recently gotten into anime so I haven't seen a lot of shows but am willing to take any reccommendations anyone has to offer, I have a full Summer ahead so am hoping to pick up loadsa shows

Feel free to take a peek at my anime planet profile: http://www.anime-planet.com/users/CatiLaLa though it is a little scarce at the moment.
    I hope to keep up my new enjoyment of anime and it'll be good to have a place to come to so I can discuss it
    Welcome to the Anime Society, always nice to see a new face.

Having looked at your list, I can see that you've enjoyed Nana and Paradise Kiss (good taste, I'm a big fan of Ai Yazawa, the author behind both), along with Higurashi. Hmm, based upon those, I would recommend Beck and Shiki.

ReputationRep:
    resumed Lovely complex, the romantic comedy of two vertically challenged ginger people. Its quite cute.:giggle: The girl isnt that tall ...still taller than me I think :erm:(EDIT:she's not :proud:) ...that guy must really be small :shock:

Also been slowly continuing with cromartie high school, really leaves me with a ":lolwut:" face alot of the time :giggle: So absurd at times. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Welcome to the Anime Society, always nice to see a new face.

Having looked at your list, I can see that you've enjoyed Nana and Paradise Kiss (good taste, I'm a big fan of Ai Yazawa, the author behind both), along with Higurashi. Hmm, based upon those, I would recommend Beck and Shiki.
    I think Ai Yazawa's fabulous, still a little bummed over Nana's abrupt ending though, would be amazing if they made some more.

Had a look at both your reccommendations and both were added to my want to watch list! Thank-you
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    resumed Lovely complex, the romantic comedy of two vertically challenged ginger people. Its quite cute.:giggle: The girl isnt that tall ...still taller than me I think :erm:(EDIT:she's not :proud:) ...that guy must really be small :shock:

Also been slowly continuing with cromartie high school, really leaves me with a ":lolwut:" face alot of the time :giggle: So absurd at times. :rofl:
    Both are definitely worth resuming. Similarly, I postponed Cromartie High School for some time but was convinced/reminded by Charlotte to see it through. I wasn't disappointed. :giggle:

And regarding Otani's height, he's smaller than me and that's saying something (especially for a guy). :tongue:

(Original post by Cati.LaLa)
    I think Ai Yazawa's fabulous, still a little bummed over Nana's abrupt ending though, would be amazing if they made some more.
    Consider reading the manga if you wish to continue the story. There has been some speculation of a possible second season, but nothing definitive has been confirmed yet.

Had a look at both your reccommendations and both were added to my want to watch list! Thank-you
    No problem, I'm confident you'll enjoy them.

ReputationRep:
    Finally finished Deadman wonderland today. Have the last episode of maria holic to watch, but it might be too HD for my laptop to handle, so I'll have to move it to my computer :teehee:

Currently working through episodes 13+14 of tiger & bunny.

Not going to have the internet for much of Wednesday or Thursday, so if I'm quiet(er) then usual it's because I have no interwebs. Hopefully I can use some of that free time to work through the backlog :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    There seem to be so many baka to test specials, how many are actually out :s:, my usual download site doesnt have all the ones on ap listed

ReputationRep:
    Just finished Gungrave which was 25 episodes long:sigh: I'm not complaining but shame it had to end so quick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Episode 12 of Ao no Exorcist:

Spoiler:
    Show
    After last week's lacklustre beach episode, I'm glad we were treated with the opposite with some actual plot progression. Amaimon is your typical antagonist, highly powerful and cocky. However, his connection with Mephisto and Rin is quite interesting, including his analysis of the sword.

I found it amusing that despite the raging battle that caused significant damage to the theme park, nobody seemed that concerned or surprised by it. Moreover, Shiemi conveniently didn't notice the blue flames that protected her, nor pressed Rin on his evident injuries, instead choosing to reiterate their intention to return to the theme park (which I'm sure we'll be magically restored before then).

We're then introduced to another character who has been with us all along, Shura. Amazing how her voluptuous figure was concealed so well underneath her hoodie. Her figure was clearly that of a slender male before. :giggle:
    I thought from the first few minutes that it was going to be a filler episode again, but hurrah it wasn't. Definitely agree with the Shiemi and Shura bits though. Even I (who's not usually very attentive and critical) noticed those and find them too convenient and foolish.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    For some reason I was disappointed the mysterious hooded "male" figure turned out to be female. I was hoping it would be some super cool and collected male sort of like Yukio. Oh well. Maybe it's just me looking for someone to fangirl on.

(Original post by eugenius 8)
    what a great end to Level E, a couple of twists there in the end :laugh: series started off well then there was just random sillyness which was a bit hit and miss :p: but overall was a pretty enjoyable show some great characters especially the baka prince and craft-san :rofl::
    Yes! One of the most entertaining I've watched this year so far. I personally didn't care much for the episodes after the prince "admitted", but the end was surprisingly good. The troll became the troll-ee. :giggle:

Gintama 215. A little too much political/serious talking in this episode, for my liking, but the two main villains joining forces was exciting. Shame it was temporary and it was only against random extra characters. Such a promising episode, I wish it was an arc (ah but after last week's end of arc episode, I guess I can't complain). We didn't even get to the see main characters that are the Yorozuya. It would appear the next couple episodes will just be random hilarity which is always welcome.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Queen's Blade Visual Books to Bundle Original Anime DVDs)

2 DVDs in October, January with new anime set after Utsukushiki T?shi-tachi

The official blog of the Queen's Blade franchise announced on Tuesday that two Queen's Blade Premium Visual Books will ship with original anime DVDs. The first Queen's Blade Premium Visual Book will ship this October, and Queen's Blade Rebellion Premium Visual Book will ship next January.

The art collection books will include two DVDs with about 40 minutes each of all-new original anime . About 20 minutes will be a story about the Rebellion characters who have not appeared in Queen's Blade anime until now. About 20 more minutes will be devoted to an anime in which the character Alleyne and Siggy give private lessions. The stories are set after the Queen's Blade competition of Hobby Japan's original games but before the Rebellion. They take place after the storyline of the recent Queen's Blade Utsukushiki T?shi-tachi video anime series.

Yousei Morino (D?ky?sei 2, I''s) will direct the new anime at ARMS, the studio behind the previous Queen's Blade anime releases. Hideki Shirane (Aria the Scarlet Ammo, Master of Martial Hearts) and Michiko Itou (Queen's Blade 2: The Evil Eye, Queen's Blade Utsukushiki T?shi-tachi) are scripting the new anime, and Rin-Sin, Takayuki Noguchi, and Yukiko Ishibashi are returning to design the characters and oversee the animation. Eri Kitamura (Alleyne) reprise her role with Aya Endo (Annerotte), Yu Kobayashi (Siggy), and Ayaka Saito (Ymir).
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    :awesome:
    :borat:

But I see no mention of Nowa :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    The stuff I picked up in that Zavvi sale arrived. I believe I mentioned buying the '05 Guyver adaptation. I watched the first two episodes this evening, and it looks like it'll scratch that Sunday morning, TV Asahi Super Hero Time itch. So that's good.

I also caught the first episode of Sacred Seven, which was entertaining and nice to look at, though unsurprising. The geological theme prompted me to make some puns: alluvium were well thought-through, but they didn't get a magmanimous reception from my friends.

ReputationRep:
    Steins;Gate continues to maintain its high quality.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    poor okabe Im surprised he hasnt gone completely insane from never being able to save tu tu ruu

The time travel stuff is done pretty well.:beard: It makes sense and is believable. :yes:

found this on the AP forums regarding the animation "Texhnolyze goes moe" :giggle: Didnt know the director was the same.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Truered)
    :borat:

But I see no mention of Nowa :unimpressed:
    Well, if it's set after Utsukushiki Toushi-tachi... (spoilers for episode 2)

Spoiler:
    Show
    Nowa completed her training with Alleyne, so I assume she's off on her own adventures. :s:

ReputationRep:
    finished Denpa Onna.. great last couple of eps, has been a really fun and cute show to watch :yep: a 2nd series would be nice

(Original post by ella37)

Yes! One of the most entertaining I've watched this year so far. I personally didn't care much for the episodes after the prince "admitted", but the end was surprisingly good. The troll became the troll-ee. :giggle:
    lol yeh he finally got trolled good :laugh:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.