Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking people in Blood-C seemed to have normal proportions but then in that scene after PE they all look fairly tall and thin :laugh:

that armless monster was somewhat comical :mmm:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Anyone know if the soul eater manga offers anything that the anime doesn't (extra plot, extra explanation)? That last episode was...erm :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Anyone know if the soul eater manga offers anything that the anime doesn't (extra plot, extra explanation)? That last episode was...erm :erm:
    yeah the second half of soul eater was anime original and didnt follow the manga:tongue: so theres that, I think its still going too.:hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    I love how someone decided to send me a message on youtube just saying "ah ha, you know what it is, black and yellow" because of my gamertag.

• CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Ok, having watched very little anime yesterday, I'm going to attempt to make up for that today by watching episode 2 of Ro-Kyu-Bu! and Sacred Seven, and the first episode of R-15 and Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi. I'm not expecting much from the latter two, but we'll see. :giggle:

Edit:

What an encouraging second episode of Ro-Kyu-Bu!, focusing solely on plot and character development (pertaining to basketball) with no fan service in sight. I'll admit that I had my reservations about where they would take this, in light of the opening episode (it could have easily pandered to the moe fandom), but instead offered a simple but engaging premise for the coming episodes, and even snuck in some development for the two main characters. So yeah, looking forward to the next episode now.

ReputationRep:
    whilst transferring some anime files to my portable hd, i rewatched quite a few random eps of various shows from my old collection which was nice :moon: one of them being ichigo mashimaro :toofunny: :cute: that first space ep was just epic :mmm: think im rediscovering my love for cute random slice of life shows gona get back to watching hidamari sketch which i like stalled for a couple of years :mmm:

(Original post by Tabris)
    I love how someone decided to send me a message on youtube just saying "ah ha, you know what it is, black and yellow" because of my gamertag.

hell yeah :laugh:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Hmm, Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi wasn't as bad as I was expecting. The premise has been done to death and the character design is a tad on the generic side (although not bad, per se), and the voice actor for Taito is one I haven't heard of before but is rather appealing.

Spoiler:
    Show
    When he was hit by the lorry, I couldn't help but laugh at the way he reacted, especially when he was holding his head:

It's evident that the writer of Kore wa Zombie is behind this one as the series is not afraid to show a bit of gore in a slightly comical way (at the expense of the main character).

So, I'm not completely convinced by this one yet, but I'll give it a few more episodes before deciding whether to watch it weekly or not. As it stands, it's pretty much guaranteed that I'll finish it, even if it means marathoning through it.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    R-15 was actually quite amusing, despite how absurd the premise is. Nonetheless, I doubt I'll be following this one weekly. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    The new Ao no Exorcist ED isnt as catchy as the take off one :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Watched my shiny new Summer Wars BD with my girlfriend last night. I really enjoyed it, although probably not as much as TokiKake. Very amused to see that the second most popular rec at a-p is for the second Digimon movie, which apparently Mamoru Mosoda also directed. And I didn't realise until the end credits that Yoshiyuki Sadamoto was the character designer! Very odd. You can see it in the main promotional poster pretty clearly, but the flat art in the actual film doesn't remind me of any of his earlier work at all. Did he do TokiKake as well then? Very interesting.

Also, earlier in the day, we finally finished Wolf's Rain! (We'd been aiming to see it all before we came up to yours, AJ, but my computer troubles got in the way). She agreed that the final episodes did make the entire series vastly better, and seemed pretty happy with it (although I know she knows it's important to me, so I guess she also didn't want to criticise it too much). When pressed, she said she guessed it was about a 4/5 for her.

Sherlock Hound came in the post today. Lots of typos on the box - wonder if it was translated via French, like the versions of Wolf's Rain and Eureka Seven I've seen? Interesting. Still, for a tenner, I doubt any bad subs are going to worry me too much.

Four episodes away from the end of Fushigi Yuugi, whose nearly-passable-for-nineties dub has made it my favourite Ironing Anime. I've done so many loads to that show. It was getting completely retarded for the last ten episodes or so, but the real-world stuff seems like it's going to lead to a much neater end. Also, unexpectedly high death toll! I guess that's one way to solve the romance issues.

Is anybody legally simulcasting Bunny Drop anywhere where I can watch it?

- Pips

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pippin4242)
    Is anybody legally simulcasting Bunny Drop anywhere where I can watch it?

- Pips
    crunchy roll is:yes: ...not sure if it is outside of the US :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Usagi Drop isn't available in the UK via Crunchyroll, unfortunately. ¬_¬ That's the second series I've wanted to watch (the other was Ao No Exorcist) that isn't available here.

I just found out Ao No Exorcist comes out on Mondays too. Woo.

Gintama episode 216. Typical random, stupid, unfittingly dramatic and touching and humorous episode. This time's one-shot story is about a group of school kids who are interviewing the characters about what they do (job wise), starting with the Yorozuya and including the more minor characters.
    The gag in this episode is the "Patriot", a contraption consisting of a few tissue rolls, tissue paper boxes and a wooden stick. O.o And yes, the whole episode is based on that, and yes it was maddeningly hilarious.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Ikoku Meiro no Croisee is quickly becoming a favourite of mine for this season. Yes, Yune is largely accountable for this, not only because of her endearing demeanour and cute character design (which admittedly is the pivotal factor), but also due to her sensibilities toward cultural difference. Her willingness and consideration is admirable. That aside, her interaction with Claude is pleasant and enjoyable to watch. I'd be perfectly content if the series continued with this format to its end. I wouldn't want anything more from it. However, this is regarding the character development is explored further, which is definitely the strength, in my opinion, behind this series.

ReputationRep:
    finally got round to finishing mazinkaiser skl ...was ****ing badass :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    Usagi Drop's on UK AOD. Time to go and make a cup of tea!

- Pips

ReputationRep:
    ANIMEE !!!
    Randomly watching Samurai girls blu ray rip . And so far soo boring 6 eps in .
    After that im gona watch Neon Genesis evangaleon ! the movies ! 1.11 and 2.22 : )
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Mally1)
    ANIMEE !!!
    Randomly watching Samurai girls blu ray rip . And so far soo boring 6 eps in .
    After that im gona watch Neon Genesis evangaleon ! the movies ! 1.11 and 2.22 : )
    Welcome to the society! I know what you mean about Samurai Girls, I was drawn in by the pretty animation, but it soon became obvious that was the show's only real good point. :s:

-----

Just read this on ANN:

(Original post by Negima Film to Tell 'Ver. B' Finale, Bundle Manga #0)

This year's 33rd issue of Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine confirmed on Wednesday that the Negima! Magister Negi Magi film will tell another official version — "version B" or "another true ending" — of Ken Akamatsu's final manga chapter.

In addition, Japanese moviegoers who see next month's double-billing of the Negima film and Hayate the Combat Butler! Heaven is a Place on Earth films will receive either the exclusive "0th volume" of the Negima manga, or an exclusive manga volume of Kenjirou Hata's Hayate the Combat Butler.

Akamatsu reported on his Twitter account that the "0th volume" of the Negima manga will have an all-new 18-page side story to his original manga. It will also have production materials such as the anime storyboards he drew for the opening animation footage of the original anime DVD project.

The CD with the Negima film's theme song (as sung by the protagonist Negi Springfield and his Mahora Academy middle school class 3-A) will go on sale on August 24. R2, voice actress Ryoko Shiraishi's cover album of Negima and Hayate songs, will go on sale on August 10. Shiraishi plays both Hayate's title character and Negima's Kaede Nagase.

The double feature will open in Japan on August 27.
    Another true ending of the final chapter? I mean sure, as I'm following the English release I'm way behind on the Negima manga, so wouldn't be surprised if it was drawing to a close... but I've not heard anywhere else that it was ending soon! Yet the way they worded that suggests that it has either already ended, or that it will have done so by the time the film is out. :hmmmm2: Still, this makes me even more excited about the film (and full of rage at the fact I probably won't get to see it for the best part of a year). I just hope this new official ending is better than every other anime original take on Ken Akamatsu's story...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    I was thinking people in Blood-C seemed to have normal proportions but then in that scene after PE they all look fairly tall and thin :laugh:

that armless monster was somewhat comical :mmm:
    I saw the first episode of this I was thinking the girls legs were too skinny and the main character's hair seemed a bit stiff. Loved the opening though.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is very neat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jesseecar123)
    This thread is very neat.
    Your momma is very neat.

I kid.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.