Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown?)
    Your momma is very neat.

I kid.
    I meant it's layed out very neatly. All the pictures and writing. It's lovely
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I saw the first episode of this I was thinking the girls legs were too skinny and the main character's hair seemed a bit stiff. Loved the opening though.
    Well, that's CLAMP for you. I have to say I like their noodle physics. :yes:

(Original post by Jesseecar123)
    I try my best. :blush:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jesseecar123)
    Well my bedroom is a dump, infact I leave a mess where ever I am so I haven't really noticed. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Well my bedroom is a dump, infact I leave a mess where ever I am so I haven't really noticed. :ahee:
    Sammmme, probably why I notice the neatness more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Well, that's CLAMP for you. I have to say I like their noodle physics. :yes:
    I take it that's what the "C" in Blood-C stands for which I've read another person say. When they first said that I thought they said the "C" stood for CAMP implying that Blood-C was camp. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    do you mind spamming somewhere else :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    Sorry I'll tone it down. :ahee:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by vin)
    :ditto: We have a chat thread here. In this one, anime is serious business. :yes: Have to keep it neat. :p:

I take it that's what the "C" in Blood-C stands for which I've read another person say. When they first said that I thought they said the "C" stood for CAMP implying that Blood-C was camp. :ahee:
    I'd guess that's what it stands for, as I've not heard any different, but I couldn't tell you for certain. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    So has anyone seen/discussed Kami-sama no Memo-ch?? Loved the first episode sort of reminded me of Gosick though I can't find out if all the episodes are going to be 40 odd minutes long or just that first episode.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Welcome to the society! I know what you mean about Samurai Girls, I was drawn in by the pretty animation, but it soon became obvious that was the show's only real good point. :s:
    Thanks alot for the friendly welcome !
    Don't see many anime fanatics down where i live in london only one or two .
    But when it comes to London MCM Expo that is a different story :3

2 more eps till i finished samurai girls ! then here we go Genius Party Beyond and NGE !
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Mally1)
    2 more eps till i finished samurai girls ! then here we go Genius Party Beyond and NGE !
    That's an interesting mix of anime. :p: Guessing you've seen the original Genius Party shorts so know what to expect... Studio 4C being their usual quirky selves! As for NGE, will this be your first time watching it?

ReputationRep:
    NGE :nooo: reminds me I need to watch the new movies, looks like they cleaned up good :beard:

ReputationRep:
    So has anyone seen/discussed Kami-sama no Memo-ch?? Loved the first episode sort of reminded me of Gosick though I can't find out if all the episodes are going to be 40 odd minutes long or just that first episode.
    I've given all my 1st impressions on new season anime over in the Summer Preview thread (alternatively, they're also all up on my blog )

If Kami-sama no Memo-chou stays at this high quality, consider my faith in JC Staff restored. I've heard that only the premiere episode will be 50mins, the rest will be standard length.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    I've given all my 1st impressions on new season anime over in the Summer Preview thread (alternatively, they're also all up on my blog )

If Kami-sama no Memo-chou stays at this high quality, consider my faith in JC Staff restored. I've heard that only the premiere episode will be 50mins, the rest will be standard length.
    I prefer the 50 minute episode lengths, the pacing just seems better.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I've decided to get through the final third of Rurouni Kenshin (all filler) ASAP... but its so episodic and anticlimactic after the Kyoto arc. :s: So I've started watching the first 5 minutes of the episode to see if it looks interesting, and if not then I watch it at double speed. :o: That way the few humourous moments come quicker (and are added to by the high pitched voices :giggle:). I feel bad doing so, but most people who've watched it and survived to tell the tale have suggested I skip it entirely, which is something I can't do. Even if the plots are awful, I can still appreciate the nice animation at high speed. :p:

ReputationRep:
    ive got through the more recent naruto filler (unless theres more that im unaware of?:s:) now on to the real stuff with the kage summit ...the ep after the filler was a huge huuuuge improvement over the previous crap :s: the series can be quite good when it wants to be :unimpressed: stop being so damn inconsistent :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    The latest eps for Kaiji and Suite Precure are both available on the same morning. I suppose that simplifies my schedule a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Berserk movie trailer!! http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...in-new-trailer

With www.berserkfilm.com scheduled July 15th, a new trailer of Studio 4°C' Berserk Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler, the first of a three part adaptation of the "Golden Age" arc from Kentarō Miura's manga, has hit.

Veteran animator, and character design for Giant Robo, the Lunar RPGs and a certain Miura passion called [email protected], Toshiyuki Kubooka will direct the Berserk Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler animated feature, scheduled to hit Japan in January 2012. A
    the large battle scenes are quite an improvement over the ones in the series which had alot of still pictures :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Can I have some manga suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    kaiji 15

Spoiler:
    Show
    that finger torture thing :afraid:

no more kaiji until i get back in a month

mayo chiki is out :excited:

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.