ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown?)
    I approve of servicing the asuka fans.
    atleast they're not as fanatic as the rei fans
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by TobeTheHero)
    is there anything like Monster? my favourite anime of all time alongside dragonball
    Not much... if anything the reason Monster is so awesome is because there are few other series like it. :sadnod:

I would suggest looking at Gankutsuou, however, because it shares a few themes (awesome antagonist, plenty of manipulation, and just a fantastic plot in general). Great animation style as well. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    atleast they're not as fanatic as the rei fans
    Rei is nice too. But we need more asuka. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Man I'm all meant to be writing my dissertation, but I'm just sat here bewildered by how long Nana has been stalled. Does anybody know what's happening to Ai Yazawa these days?

- Pips

ReputationRep:
    Rei is nice too. But we need more asuka. :coma:
    thank you! I had a massive argument with one of my internet friends about Rei vs Asuka, rest of the people I spoke to their preffered Rei as well which annoyed me, more Asuka ftw'ing, which reminds me I still need to watch 2.22!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiBoy)
    thank you! I had a massive argument with one of my internet friends about Rei vs Asuka, rest of the people I spoke to their preffered Rei as well which annoyed me, more Asuka ftw'ing, which reminds me I still need to watch 2.22!
    Indeed my friend. 2.22 was awesome, it'll make you want to watch 3.33 straight after ( if only it was available)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Pippin4242)
    Man I'm all meant to be writing my dissertation, but I'm just sat here bewildered by how long Nana has been stalled. Does anybody know what's happening to Ai Yazawa these days?

- Pips
    Don't know, I'm afraid. What I do know is that I should be doing my dissertation, but have instead spent the best part of last week reviewing a new anime every day. :proud: (Just posted my Those Who Hunt Elves review for anyone interested).

I'm planning on reviewing Don Dracula somewhen over the next few days, which I thought you might be interested in.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed my friend. 2.22 was awesome, it'll make you want to watch 3.33 straight after ( if only it was available)
    im thinking of getting the blu-ray when I have some money, have 1.11 on DVD (as well as DVD boxset of the series itself!)

ReputationRep:
    im thinking of getting the blu-ray when I have some money, have 1.11 on DVD (as well as DVD boxset of the series itself!)
    Very nice, I'd like the dvd of the anime series but wherever it is available now it is very expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Very nice, I'd like the dvd of the anime series but wherever it is available now it is very expensive.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neon-Genesis...1962487&sr=1-3

I got this when it was on offer for £25! now its like £180! :eek:

edit: art cards are really cool also

ReputationRep:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neon-Genesis...1962487&sr=1-3

I got this when it was on offer for £25! now its like £180! :eek:

edit: art cards are really cool also
    How the price shoots up lol. At least there is NGE manga available.

ReputationRep:
    :hello:

I'm not dead, nor did I abandon TSR. Virgin were meant to install the internet/phones at our new house on the 7th. The cable people hadn't bothered to pull the cables so there was nothing to install. Hopefully on the 6th of this upcoming month we will have internet again :sigh:

Last week I did read the last 15 volumes of DBZ in under two days :teehee:

But I've watched hardly any anime. In about two weeks I've managed two episodes of Hayate S2 and 2-3 episodes of 2x2=shinobuden

ReputationRep:
    liking Minami-Ke so far funny and nice animation
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    liking Minami-Ke so far funny and nice animation
    Daume don't produce much anime, but most of what they have made has looked amazing IMO. :yes: As well as Minami-ke, it's difficult to fault the animation of Petit Cossette and Shiki.

Unfortunately, the studio changes for series two and three of Minami-ke (Okawari and Okaeri), which were produced by asread, who fail at making anime. Okawari has average animation but bad pacing, while Okaeri has decent pacing but some of the worst animation ever. :s: I'd still recommend both if you're a fan of the first series, but don't expect them to be quite as good.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'm still ploughing through anime at a breakneck pace; the next series I'll be watching will be Loveless. I've already reviewed it based on ~6 episodes, back when we were doing weekly reviews, but didn't finish it and can't remember much about it, so I'll be resuming it from episode 2 (as I re-watched the first ep not so long ago at Aberanime). After I finish I may re-write my review based on the whole series. :yes:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Started watching penguin drum as recommended by Cara :yep: 5 mins in & think it's adorable, but keep thinking of trapeze :hmmmm: I can only assume this is because of one of the characters' pronounced eyelashes...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    It's highly unlikely I'll be posting a review today - had some sudden inspiration for further improving my dissertation intro, and I've been writing up my early impressions of the summer season. :yes: All that hasn't left much time for anime. :no:

Currently downloading Nazca - it's one of the series I had on the hard drive that broke down almost a year ago, so I figured it was about time I got it back.

ReputationRep:
    I've totally written an awesome plan for my dissertation, and I've watched a few shorter things in the last week or so, so that I could still feel like I was doing something fun. I've seen Egao, Amazing Nuts! and Eve no Jikan. Egao - crap, really, but I enjoyed working out who was responsible for it. Amazing Nuts owed rather too much to Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett in places (the good places) and not enough in others (the bad places).

Eve no Jikan was awesome, of course.

- Pips
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Jinki:Extend is proving to be a nightmare to get hold of, and the files that I have managed to find don't seem to play well in MPC, at least not with my current settings. :hmmmm2: They're fine until I skip ahead, then the video freezes while the audio continues to play. Should be able to manage though - the OP isn't bad, so I shouldn't ever have to skip. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Only one ep of Serial experiments lain to go, ep 12 made me go. :lolwut: Taking a long loooong few months break before these final eps was not a good idea.:erm: Managed to remember what happened previously though. I noticed something in this ep ... this girl goes into a house that looks like theres been some kind of explosion or something inside ...mess everywhere ...what appears to be blood on the walls ...she still remembers to take her shoes off before going inside.:giggle:

Tiger & Bunny Q&A with the producer at Otakon :shock: http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/co...2011/otakon/23

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.