Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    Just started watching Yu Yu Hakusho. From the looks of it its quite an old anime, but I think its quite good!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Watching Dantalian at the moment, really enjoying it so far...although anything involving mysteries & earls aswell as books is probably going to get good marks in my eyes :giggle: only on episode 2 so not much to say other than that :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Watching Dantalian at the moment, really enjoying it so far...although anything involving mysteries & earls aswell as books is probably going to get good marks in my eyes :giggle: only on episode 2 so not much to say other than that :o:
    that girl is so harsh :giggle:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Yeah, after four episodes I still can't put my finger on exactly what I like about Dantalian no Shoka... Whatever it is was enough to make me rank it in my Top 8 ongoing series on my blog though. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    We now have our own internet connection again.

I'm only about about 4-5 weeks behind the new shows...and haven't finished off most of the old ones :sigh:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Yeah, after four episodes I still can't put my finger on exactly what I like about Dantalian no Shoka... Whatever it is was enough to make me rank it in my Top 8 ongoing series on my blog though. :yes:
    Exactly the feeling I'm getting :giggle: took me ages to work out something more to say other than 'I like this' :hmmmm:

(Original post by vin)
    that girl is so harsh :giggle:
    Ye :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Its Darlian:puppyeyes: she's such a harsh ***** to every person she meets :emog: everyone is beneath her
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by vin)
    Its Darlian:puppyeyes: she's such a harsh ***** to every person she meets :emog: everyone is beneath her
    Yeah, I'm liking her more than the usual generic tsundere characters who are only ever mean to their love/hate interests. Surprised nobody has really gotten angry back at her yet though. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm liking her more than the usual generic tsundere characters who are only ever mean to their love/hate interests. Surprised nobody has really gotten angry back at her yet though. :giggle:
    Indeed, it is the earlier part of the 20th century when people were stricter with children :erm:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Just at the part at the start of episode 3 where huey hands her the swiss chocolates...I think I just died of cuteness overload! so so cute :pinch: yet such a little madam :mmm: you're right vin...I'd have assumed people wouldn't have stood for such insolent behaviour from a child :erm: but on the other hand I can imagine she'd be a pretty intimidating child :giggle:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Also

Spoiler:
    Show
    The man eating flower in the queen of night episode - reminds me of a news article I blogged about this week where a carnivorous plant in a garden center ate a blue tit

Random application of anime to slightly gruesome topical events :erm:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Outside of Ghibli, can someone recommend me some good movies? Can be of any genre, I'm not picky, just looking for something good to watch (anime of course)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Facticity)
    Outside of Ghibli, can someone recommend me some good movies? Can be of any genre, I'm not picky, just looking for something good to watch (anime of course)
    First ones to spring to mind:

Welcome to THE SPACE SHOW

Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Millennium Actress

Macross: Do You Remember Love

Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade

Hope something there interests you.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    For some reason I have the sudden urge to pick bartender back up again...from the description never would have thought it would be my kind of show...but it's got a certain feel-good factor that I like, and it's a very simple show which makes it relaxing to watch & quite charming :tea:

Thank goodness for animoo taster sessions
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    First ones to spring to mind:

Welcome to THE SPACE SHOW

Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Millennium Actress

Macross: Do You Remember Love

Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade

Hope something there interests you.
    I've seen The girl who lept through time and Macross. I shall check out the others, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Tiger and bunny:awesome:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Look at this guy riding a tiger in public not giving a toss what anyone else thinks while he makes his phonecall.:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    Tiger and bunny:awesome:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Look at this guy riding a tiger in public not giving a toss what anyone else thinks while he makes his phonecall.:cool:
    Hmmm... :beard:

HMMMMMM :hmmmm:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Brothers? Separated at birth!? :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Hmmm... :beard:

HMMMMMM :hmmmm:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Brothers? Separated at birth!? :zomg:
    well technically godot didnt originally dress like that :hmmmm:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Just watched Penguin drum episode 4

Spoiler:
    Show
    Whilst I'm enjoying the show as a whole finding it to be a bit of a rollercoaster...it's gone from rather funny show with penguins to what I'm starting to view as deathnote...with penguins :hmmmm: it's a rather unsettling change to deal with in the space of 4 episodes...I know you're not meant to like Ringo...but until I know more of her backstory she's going to keep appearing as an unconvincingly broken child

This may sound like complaining but it's actually all the reasons I'm desperate to see the next episode :mmm:

But for now to bed :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    Let's see, so far I've been watching the regular Fairy Tail, One Piece, completed Neon Genesis Evangelion :awesome: and I finished the Mirai Nikki manga in 2 days.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.