The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1720
Now that I'm on the brink of finishing Prince of Tennis, I'm contemplating what next to revisit. Likely Gineiden or Nanoha (the series). I think I'll sample both and decide from there. :smile:
Original post by Aiko
Now that I'm on the brink of finishing Prince of Tennis, I'm contemplating what next to revisit. Likely Gineiden or Nanoha (the series). I think I'll sample both and decide from there. :smile:

Can't speak for the former (something else I should get around to watching someday), but Nanoha is definitely one of those series where the sequels and movie remakes look a lot better than the original. :sadnod: Apart from that, it isn't terrible, but I've seen better within the genre. :yes:

*is not sure whether he should feel as proud as he does about that, but what the hell* :proud:
Reply 1722
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Can't speak for the former (something else I should get around to watching someday), but Nanoha is definitely one of those series where the sequels and movie remakes look a lot better than the original. :sadnod: Apart from that, it isn't terrible, but I've seen better within the genre. :yes:

*is not sure whether he should feel as proud as he does about that, but what the hell* :proud:

I have three seasons of Nanoha to watch :borat:

And all but 4 episodes of CCSakura...and just because, Tokyo mew mew. And another season of precure

Damn magical girl shows :unimpressed:
Original post by Truered
I have three seasons of Nanoha to watch :borat:

And all but 4 episodes of CCSakura...and just because, Tokyo mew mew. And another season of precure

Damn magical girl shows :unimpressed:

I've nearly finished Akazukin Chacha, but don't have many others downloaded. Most of the ones I want to watch aren't subbed. :rant:
Reply 1724
I've nearly finished Akazukin Chacha, but don't have many others downloaded. Most of the ones I want to watch aren't subbed. :rant:

I think I have all 70ish episodes of that on CD/DVD. Animesoc guy had transferred his old anime to a new HDD and was giving away his old CDs (piles across the whole of the front desk)...got all of Akazukin, Popotan (I think, don't know what it's about) and something else.

At some point I'll need to transfer it over to make it easier :sigh:
Original post by Truered
Popotan (I think, don't know what it's about)

It isn't that great. :giggle:
Reply 1726

It isn't that great. :giggle:

That's the only reason I recognized the name on the CD :mmm:

I've heard it's a bit pervy? :teehee:

How was Akazukin? The last thing I watched with that in the title I ended up going through 30+ episodes in 3 days :mmm:
Original post by Truered
That's the only reason I recognized the name on the CD :mmm:

I've heard it's a bit pervy? :teehee:

How was Akazukin? The last thing I watched with that in the title I ended up going through 30+ episodes in 3 days :mmm:

It is pretty ecchi. :giggle:

Chacha is difficult to fault - of course its repetitive with its monster of the week formula and long transformation sequences, but aren't they all? :p: Aside from that its hilarious, I'd recommend it if you liked Jushi. :yes:
Reply 1728
Watching J's Heat Guy J dvds...few seconds in...but oh my goodness that background artwork is sexy...music's good too, methinks I'm going to like this :awesome:
Reply 1729

Indeed, you should definitely watch Gineiden. It's one of the best anime series I've seen. As for Nanoha, I agree. Still, collectively all three are not particularly long, especially in comparison with my other consideration.
Reply 1730
Original post by Aiko
Indeed, you should definitely watch Gineiden. It's one of the best anime series I've seen. As for Nanoha, I agree. Still, collectively all three are not particularly long, especially in comparison with my other consideration.

Whats Gineiden? :smile:
Reply 1731
Original post by bill-e
Whats Gineiden? :smile:

Legend of the Galactic Heroes. :smile:
ANN is back up, and a few anime have been announced during the time it was down:

New Ikki Tousen Video Anime Launches

The Japanese production company Media Factory began streaming a 41-second promotional video on Wednesday for the launch of a new original video anime project of Ikki Tousen. The official website for the franchise has also been updated with the new Ikki Tousen: Shūgaku Tōshi Keppu-roku anime project.

:teeth:

Amagami SS Anime Gets 2nd Season

The official Twitter account for the Amagami support site confirmed that a second season of Amagami SS was announced at the TBS Anime Festa event on Saturday. The tweet also notes that musical artist azusa (Amagami SS OP1, Astarotte's Toy ED) will once again perform the theme song.

:awesome:

Hidamari Sketch/Sunshine Sketch Anime Gets 4th Season

The official website for the Hidamari Sketch anime franchise confirmed on Saturday that a fourth season has been green-lit. The announcement was first made at the TBS Anime Festa event in Tokyo on Saturday. A new Hidamari Sketch special edition was previously announced in March.

(X'​_​_​_​_​_')
Reply 1733
(X'​_​_​_​_​_')

I'm hunting through this menu of emoticons and it inexplicably lacks one for WE NEED TO GO WIDER.

I watched the short Heartcatch Precure movie again last night. I'm increasingly convinced it's the closest the franchise has come to producing a legitimately good movie.
Reply 1734
:hmpf: where is the next series of Hajime no ippo:hmmm:
Reply 1735
I didnt see the girl with the scarf in this weeks tiger & bunny :zomg:
Reply 1736
Original post by Aiko
Legend of the Galactic Heroes. :smile:

Thanks! I was wondering why I couldn't find it in search on AP
Reply 1737
:indiff: gg and their ads in Ao no Exorcist
Reply 1738
Original post by vin
:indiff: gg and their ads in Ao no Exorcist

From their release post:
From the encoder: “I wonder how many leechers fully realize these anime are targetted at the same age groups as the ads in between. We do this to help you.”

Oh [gg] :mmm:
Reply 1739
Original post by caraniel

Original post by caraniel
From their release post:
From the encoder: “I wonder how many leechers fully realize these anime are targetted at the same age groups as the ads in between. We do this to help you.”

Oh [gg] :mmm:

I saw that and was not amused. :indiff:

Latest