Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    ---

As for purchases, I bought another volume of Spice & Wolf (light novel), one of Hidamari Sketch, all of Clover, and vol. 1 of my first Korean title (a bit of an impulse buy since I liked the art - you have been warned Cara :mmm:) One Fine Day. :yes: Anime-wise, I picked up the Sherlock Hound box set, which at less than 50p per episode wasn't a bad deal.
    Did you get the Clover omnibus? I have the two Sakura ones, and they are :drool: Saw an advert for the clover one at the back of the first volume, and thought about getting it as Dark horse really went to town with the omnibus editions :teeth:

(Can be told how clover is? :puppyeyes: )
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Truered)
    Did you get the Clover omnibus? I have the two Sakura ones, and they are :drool: Saw an advert for the clover one at the back of the first volume, and thought about getting it as Dark horse really went to town with the omnibus editions :teeth:

Yep, it's the omnibus. Haven't started it yet, but it certainly looks nice. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    As for purchases, I bought another volume of Spice & Wolf (light novel), one of Hidamari Sketch, all of Clover, and vol. 1 of my first Korean title (a bit of an impulse buy since I liked the art - you have been warned Cara :mmm:) One Fine Day. :yes: Anime-wise, I picked up the Sherlock Hound box set, which at less than 50p per episode wasn't a bad deal.
    Creepy!!

I have the Clover & CCS omnibuses too, they're gorgeous~! I love the art in Clover, its purely monochrome, not many tones used - its very striking looking. The plot is shallow, but has plenty of interesting elements - wish CLAMP had of finished the full thing (although as it stands its not as startling incomplete as say X/1999).

ReputationRep:
    saw on twitter that theres a steins;gate manga ..anyone know what its like?:redface:

ReputationRep:
    I finally got around to starting baka test a few days ago, and watched 3/4 episodes last night too. Is it just me or is it funnier then the first season? I can't quite recall the first season, which is a slight problem, but I can't remember it being as funny as this :teehee:

Oh and was Aiko Kudo in the first series? I couldn't remember her at all :ahee:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I finally got around to starting baka test a few days ago, and watched 3/4 episodes last night too. Is it just me or is it funnier then the first season? I can't quite recall the first season, which is a slight problem, but I can't remember it being as funny as this :teehee:

Oh and was Aiko Kudo in the first series? I couldn't remember her at all :ahee:
    I'm preferring the first season so far, as season 2 is beginning to feel very repetitive. :dontknow: Aiko was definitely in season 1, though she was a pretty minor character and has had much more screentime in the sequel. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I preferred the first series too. This one has dragged with this whole breaking into the bath thing which went on for too long.:dry:

ReputationRep:
    Yeap I also vastly preferred the first season of BakaTest, there's not enough variety in the comedy in the 2nd season (and I'd really like the Summons Battles to get more screen time.......oh and Kubo - needs more Kubo).

ReputationRep:
    I guess it probably worked better for me, where I watched it all together so the escalation was more funny...as opposed to tuning in a week later to see it was the same plot again :teehee:

Btw how was DBZ Kai? It's a bit too late as I've already ordered the first two blu rays, but as I enjoyed the manga quite a lot, I should enjoy it right? (stupid question go now :ahee: )

ReputationRep:
    Btw how was DBZ Kai? It's a bit too late as I've already ordered the first two blu rays, but as I enjoyed the manga quite a lot, I should enjoy it right? (stupid question go now :ahee: )
    :lolwut: yes you should

its much better than DBZ was, all the good action with none of the awful filler and poor pacing :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen the show preview image for next season? I can remember stumbling across it a few times, and every time I checked, outside of a sequel I don't think anything there caught my attention.

I really hope so, it might finally give me time to go through my older show backlog :nyoron:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen the show preview image for next season? I can remember stumbling across it a few times, and every time I checked, outside of a sequel I don't think anything there caught my attention.

I really hope so, it might finally give me time to go through my older show backlog :nyoron:
    http://neregate.com/blog/wp-content/...1-Anime-v5.jpg

There are definitely some new stuff I'm interested in, but there's quite a lot of franchise & sequel series.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by caraniel)
    http://neregate.com/blog/wp-content/...1-Anime-v5.jpg

There are definitely some new stuff I'm interested in, but there's quite a lot of franchise & sequel series.
    Thanks, I tend to forget that these charts exist. :o: I've been following the next season buildup via ANN and the Fansub Wiki, but having the info all in one place and with pictures is always helpful. :yes:

I'm probably going to cut my viewing in half at the start of next season, as I did when I first started my masters - October and November is when my dissertation writing needs to seriously pick up. At the very least I'll check out Fate/Zero and the new Last Exile; Shakugan no Shana, Zero no Tsukaima and Bakuman's continuations will take slightly lower priority, though of course I'll get back to them even if I don't watch them weekly. I'm also curious enough about Mirai Nikki to give it a chance, though my past experience of asread hasn't been great. Aside from that, none of the new stuff is standing out for me at this point. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Cant say that chart is particularly encouraging.:indiff: But i didnt want to pick up many series anyway.:pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Guilty Crown is the new show I'm most hyped about - you should see the staff that's on board for that! :drool:

Mirai Nikki I was really looking forward to.......until I saw the studio & staff. That's pretty much a disaster waiting to happen unless a miracle occurs.

Bit worried about the new Last Exile series - the show just didn't need a sequel and I don't think GONZO are in the right place to really be mucking about with such a fantastic show........but we'll see I suppose.

The Persona 4 PV is complete eyecandy - seriously stylish, so quite excited about it now.

Hunter x Hunter reboot is another I'm concerned about - again it's a show that didn't need redone as unlike FMA, the original anime stayed pretty close to the manga.......also the manga isn't finished so this decision to remake HxH is a bit bewildering.

:cry: I wanna write my season preview!

ReputationRep:
    I want my blu rays to turn up :emo: I've heard the quality for High school of the dead is really good.

But mainly I want to watch Aliens in HD (during my last term at uni I watched the extended cut three times in a week...I was very bored :teehee: )

I now only have a few episodes of Ranma left, and then one of the long runners can be moved from watching to complete. However I haven't watched any Urusei in months.

At this point I'm never going to start any of her other long running shows again :mmm:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Kami Memo ep. 8 was just *blah*, *blah*, *blah*, *plot revelation I saw coming a mile off*, *blah*, *end*. Felt more like 2 minutes long than 20... I think I must phase out completely while watching it or something. :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    Oh boy the ep of tiger& bunny i missed!:nutcase:

ReputationRep:
    Kami Memo ep. 8 was just *blah*, *blah*, *blah*, *plot revelation I saw coming a mile off*, *blah*, *end*. Felt more like 2 minutes long than 20... I think I must phase out completely while watching it or something. :hmmmm2:
    I finally watched the first episode (put off by double length) and was left very meh. I suspect this could be an episodic thing, possibly leading into an overall arc which leads me to one question. While obviously you want to keep some more of the amazing things back for later in the series, surely you want to start off with a bang, or at least an interesting tale? I can't recall much...I think someone died, and some other person wasn't happy about it :mute:

ReputationRep:
    Ok I've now watched five episodes of Kamisama memo and it truly is meh. It makes what I've seen of Gosick (still on episode 17, keep forgetting to watch it) positively dynamic. There are characters, but I can't recall much about them. Somehow a NEET can investigate things :hmmmm2:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.