The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1880
A few eps behind on usagi drop which im gonna catch up on now.:h:
Original post by Truered
In a discussion about Usagi drop on ANN, I accidentally stumbled across the ending of the manga. For yours and vin's sake, I think it's better it ends where it'll end (haven't seen the last episode yet, but I can guess roughly what it'll be like :mmm: )

Did no.6 break out into yaoi by the end? :awesome:

(Might try and finish both shows today, and drop my "watching" list)

I heard about it being somewhat odd, but not what actually happens:s-smilie:... oh well we'll see if it gets to that.:erm:

No.6 broke into yaoi about midway.:indiff:
Reply 1881
Original post by Truered
In a discussion about Usagi drop on ANN, I accidentally stumbled across the ending of the manga. For yours and vin's sake, I think it's better it ends where it'll end (haven't seen the last episode yet, but I can guess roughly what it'll be like :mmm: )

Did no.6 break out into yaoi by the end? :awesome:

(Might try and finish both shows today, and drop my "watching" list)

I've been spoiled for the end of the usagi drop manga by Twitter; needless to say I'll never read it :hmpf:

No.6 ended up being very BL indeed, but it was well handed & didn't feel gratuitous. Pity the series wasn't longer could have done with more time to deal with the plot - most of the time was given to character development.
Reply 1882
Original post by caraniel
I've been spoiled for the end of the usagi drop manga by Twitter; needless to say I'll never read it :hmpf:

I'll already have the first 3 volumes, so I'll probably collect it (I think it ended at 8) but needless to say, there was a serious case of ...wat? :mmm:

I've forgotten to watch T&B, which may mean I could have up to three new episodes to watch :borat:

It's only now that I can reflect on how good last season was, with both Tiger and Bunny and Steins gate. And dororon and erm...my memory is naff. Even Hidan aria had the clothes parachute :teehee:
Reply 1883
:teehee: No.6 episodes 7-10 made me drop the score I had for it from 8 to 7. The ending made me drop it to a generous 6.

They might as well just have gone for a "they **** each other" ending to at least please fangirls
Reply 1884
Tiger & Bunny was so much fun.:awesome:

This bit:rofl:

Spoiler

Started Steins;Gate today. On the 14th episode now. I'm so caught up in it...

At the end of the 13th ep I shouted "Do it again!" at the screen. :redface:
Reply 1886
Kanjouteki subs. They decent group? Never seen them before but they're everywhere now :colondollar:
Original post by Keoje
Kanjouteki subs. They decent group? Never seen them before but they're everywhere now :colondollar:

They just re-encode other group's subs into MP4, so there's not much point downloading their releases unless you watch anime on a device that can't handle MKVs. :dontknow:
Reply 1888
Original post by AngryJellyfish
They just re-encode other group's subs into MP4, so there's not much point downloading their releases unless you watch anime on a device that can't handle MKVs. :dontknow:
Ah it was just the most frequently popular one according to seeds/completed :colondollar:

There's no point or difference for that matter in re-downloading a MKV batch is there? Not too knowledgeable on video formats that much. Also, very vaguely recall reading something about 8-bit encoding :beard:
Reply 1889

Does that mean they could work on an ipod touch? :beard:

Of course I hardly ever use the damn thing nowadays, but that's beside the point.

Finished Tiger and Bunny. Second show of last season to be given 10/10

Just order parts 3+4 of the DBZ kai blu-rays :mmm:

Oh and is Yu yu Hakusho any good? My only experience is the awesome OP music
Reply 1890
Original post by Truered
Oh and is Yu yu Hakusho any good? My only experience is the awesome OP music
If you're into shounen it's a good series to watch :smile:
Reply 1891
Also - how are gg subs these days? I remember them being good but reading comments on individual episodes for sacred seven I'm opted for the safer horriblesubs despite file size being lowered by 300MB on average :emo:
Reply 1892
Original post by Keoje
Also - how are gg subs these days? I remember them being good but reading comments on individual episodes for sacred seven I'm opted for the safer horriblesubs despite file size being lowered by 300MB on average :emo:

I normally go for HS, as they're smaller and 480 can play on my laptop without problems.

Also it may have been happening before (and I didn't notice) but since Madoka GG seem to have a habit of leaving an advert inbetween the two halves of an episode.
Reply 1893
Original post by Truered
I normally go for HS, as they're smaller and 480 can play on my laptop without problems.

Also it may have been happening before (and I didn't notice) but since Madoka GG seem to have a habit of leaving an advert inbetween the two halves of an episode.

That's not too bad. I think I got trolled by gg once and got some baseball game to watch instead of a naruto movie :sad:
Original post by Keoje
Ah it was just the most frequently popular one according to seeds/completed :colondollar:

There's no point or difference for that matter in re-downloading a MKV batch is there? Not too knowledgeable on video formats that much. Also, very vaguely recall reading something about 8-bit encoding :beard:

Sorry, don't quite understand what you're asking there. :redface:

If you meant is there any difference in quality between MP4 and MKV, then not necessarily if the files were originally encoded into MP4 by the group. But Kanjouteki's releases take the files released by other groups and re-encode them, which would probably result in some loss of quality unless they're very good at it (and since I've not downloaded their releases, I haven't a clue what they're like). However, I'd assume they're watchable if they have so many seeders, so if you're not overly fussy about quality then you've not got much to lose. :nah:

Original post by Truered
Does that mean they could work on an ipod touch? :beard:

Of course I hardly ever use the damn thing nowadays, but that's beside the point.

Don't know for sure, sorry, but most of these re-encodes are designed for portable devices, so again I'd assume so.

Original post by Keoje

They're an acquired taste... they tend to 'localize' (i.e. Americanize) their translations, though they're definitely not as bad now as they were early last year (their subs for Ookamikakushi made a bad show even more painful :p:). Their file sizes are big, they tend to pile in a load of adverts... to summarize, they're a great speedsub group who get stuff released quickly almost each week without fail; but if the series you're looking to download is already finished and subbed by another group, chances are that group will be the better choice.
Reply 1895

They're an acquired taste... they tend to 'localize' (i.e. Americanize) their translations, .

That just reminded me of something- curses. I forget which show it was but a few days ago I watched a gg release and found myself thinking "I doubt they're saying things that rude" :mmm: (Possibly penguindrum)
Original post by Truered
That just reminded me of something- curses. I forget which show it was but a few days ago I watched a gg release and found myself thinking "I doubt they're saying things that rude" :mmm: (Possibly penguindrum)

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7574/1298702847794.jpg
Reply 1897
Risk assessment for society...

...So anyone come up with an epileptic scene in anime other than pokemon?
Reply 1898
Original post by Keoje
Risk assessment for society...

...So anyone come up with an epileptic scene in anime other than pokemon?

Can't think of specific examples, but I think older anime might be have some scenes, especially if they cut corners- still character with a flashing background to indicate anger/an attack etc :mmm:

I saw your thread on another UK forum Keo :wink:

My watching list of anime is now at its lowest for some time, having dropped from a high of ~21 to 14 (including OP and Urusei)
Reply 1899
Original post by Truered
Can't think of specific examples, but I think older anime might be have some scenes, especially if they cut corners- still character with a flashing background to indicate anger/an attack etc :mmm:

I saw your thread on another UK forum Keo :wink:

My watching list of anime is now at its lowest for some time, having dropped from a high of ~21 to 14 (including OP and Urusei)

Shouldn't be a problem then :tongue:

I noticed you weeks ago on there twice. First I was like :shock: your name appeared on last post...then another day...again! :zomg: :mmm:

The smilies really suck tho. No offense if you like them. I'm looking elsewhere now :tongue:

Downloaded pretty much everything to bring me back up to date :colone:

Latest