The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1940
For those following Dantalian no Shoka, how did it turn out? I've watched the first episode. :smile:
Reply 1941

Original post by Aiko
For those following Dantalian no Shoka, how did it turn out? I've watched the first episode. :smile:

very good, although i havnt finished watching it.. although there isnt much of a larger plot its worth watching for dalian and her :huff:ness alone
Reply 1942
Original post by vin
very good, although i havnt finished watching it.. although there isnt much of a larger plot its worth watching for dalian and her :huff:ness alone

I'm guessing the plot is episodic? I'll give it a try. :smile:

Edit: Also, get on MSN. :hmmm:
Reply 1943
Sunrise's Sacred Seven is somewhat akin to Bones's Star Driver in that both had an equally high budget with impressive production values (more so the latter) and yet lacked that extra oomph in the plot department to make them truly worthwhile. Sacred Seven was ok, nothing special. I sort of watched it without really caring, and unlike Star Driver, which, to its credit, had some mystique during the latter half despite its formulaic approach, Sacred Seven was too predictable and generic. Nothing was explored substantially enough. Alma's and Ruri's relationship was quite cute, but similarly lacked any complexity or drama to compensate. So, an average offering from Sunrise. I can only hope that the studio will offer something more this upcoming season, given the amount of anime series they're producing.
Reply 1944
Original post by Aiko

I have to admit after hearing good things about it, I'm finding it a bit dull, 10 episodes in and mainly watching for completionism. It's basically gosick-lite at this point, and Gosick wasn't all that

Edit: it's not bad, but it's purely a 7/10 for me, not bad, but forgettable soon enough
Reply 1945
Original post by Truered
I have to admit after hearing good things about it, I'm finding it a bit dull, 10 episodes in and mainly watching for completionism. It's basically gosick-lite at this point, and Gosick wasn't all that

Edit: it's not bad, but it's purely a 7/10 for me, not bad, but forgettable soon enough

Yeah, admittedly this was my concern. I couldn't get into Gosick and ended up stalling it. The animation for Dantalian seems a lot better, though, and I much prefer the male lead. Still, as mentioned, I'll give it a try anyway.
Reply 1946
Going to watch Busou Shinki Moon Angel. I have a funny feeling this'll become a guilty pleasure of mine. :tongue:

Edit: As Cara stated in the preview thread, this is very much Infinite Stratos meets Angelic Layer. Given that each episode is only five minutes long, I have no problem picking this up. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1947
Original post by Aiko
Yeah, admittedly this was my concern. I couldn't get into Gosick and ended up stalling it. The animation for Dantalian seems a lot better, though, and I much prefer the male lead. Still, as mentioned, I'll give it a try anyway.

Yeah, the male lead is more dashing, which is why I had higher hopes at first :teehee:

However Victorique was a cuter lead, and the Gosick main characters seemed to have a more dynamic relationship, even with a slightly worse male lead.

I watched Jango's dance carnival last night. Twice :teehee:
Original post by Aiko

Good enough so far, hardly the best series of the season though. The characters + GAINAX's habit of suddenly shaking up what would otherwise be a very formulaic series definitely make it above average.
Reply 1949
Rewatched Eden of the East over the weekend, first saw it at animoo & now own it on DVD. Watched the dubbed version & actually have to commend it...whilst watching it in English meant missing out on the faux-american hilarity in the first episode it was otherwise a really well done translation. Voice actors were perfect, and as far as I can tell no meaning or any of the subtly was lost in the transition to english

On the subject of Dantalian only on episode 4 or 5, but it's definitely worth continuing to watch...it's not spectacular so far (I don't mean this in a derogatory sense...just in the sense that there's been nothing over the top (?) so far), but the animation is nice, the setting is beautiful & the characters are interesting...I also like the concept quite a lot...yay books :o: and because of these things it's nice to watch...more of a relaxing show at this point
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1950
Original post by Truered

so i watched Busou Shinki...
random comments of mine whilst watching it from msn i cant be bothered to retype for tsr

vin says:
looks cool :eek:
littls girls aside :hmmm:

vin says:
all the better to entice their target market with:hmmm:

vin says:
these designs.. why dont they provide more armour...
what if one of those shots hit them in the face

vin says:
silly vin-kin
its not based in any kind of reality

vin says:
those are some big birds...
or she's a borrower type person
ok so this does appeal to a specific audience :yawn:

Original post by Truered
Yeah, the male lead is more dashing, which is why I had higher hopes at first :teehee:

However Victorique was a cuter lead, and the Gosick main characters seemed to have a more dynamic relationship, even with a slightly worse male lead.

I watched Jango's dance carnival last night. Twice :teehee:

victorique needed a slap and to be pushed down those stairs :hmmm:
Finished UtaPri (ending was cheesy as hell :awesome:) and Hanasaku Iroha (which was just nice) - no real surprises from either show, so my ratings remain unchanged.

Still 6 more shows to finish this season, Blood-C and of course Kaiji S2 are the ones I'm most looking forward to now. :biggrin:
Reply 1952
Having been watching a lot these past few weeks, apart from Gintama and Ao no Exorcist.

Still fillers on Ao no Exorcist (although I find it funny how the subbers love to hate on this show. XD).

Gintama x Sket Dance (and vice versa) crossover episodes this week. (Gintama 227 and Sket Dance 26). Just seen the Gintama episode, it was good! I found it funnier in the manga, but still funny enough. :biggrin: Looking forward more to the Sket Dance episode, but I've gotta catch up first.
Reply 1953
Can't wait for next weeks One Piece

Spoiler

Reply 1954
LOVE ANIME!!! is there any new nice romantic comedies?? im a sucker for them lol! also wud u guys recommend one piece or hellsing, i watchh naruto and bleach and have watched stuff like deathnote and blood+ and enjoyed them, but im not sure if shud watch the two mentioned. They're so popular but im insure wether i should bother or not??
Original post by AnitaG
LOVE ANIME!!! is there any new nice romantic comedies?? im a sucker for them lol! also wud u guys recommend one piece or hellsing, i watchh naruto and bleach and have watched stuff like deathnote and blood+ and enjoyed them, but im not sure if shud watch the two mentioned. They're so popular but im insure wether i should bother or not??

Romantic comedy-wise, most of this year's offerings have been sequels as far as I remember; Kimi ni Todoke 2 and Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II spring to mind, but while I've seen the originals and liked them, I can't comment on their second seasons. There's Baka to Test to Shokanjuu 2 as well, which I am watching, but IMO the first series was much better. About the only recent, non-sequel RomCom worth recommending would be Mayo Chiki!

I strongly recommend One Piece, definitely worth the time it would take to watch all those episodes. :yes: With Hellsing, I've only seen the TV series, which most people consider to be the weaker of the two anime adaptations - myself, I liked the music and animation, but the plot in later episodes wasn't that exciting. The other version, the Hellsing Ultimate OVAs, are generally considered better, but they're still ongoing, and the wait between episodes can be quite long.

Hope that helps. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1956
Had a chance to sample the first episode of Shinryaku!? Ika-Musume yesterday evening and it's pretty much more of the same from the previous season. As much as I like Ika Musume, I doubt I'll be following this weekly.
Reply 1957
Had some things turn up today. Only had to pay postage for the figure, as I'd saved up enough points to get it for "free" :borat:

Spoiler

Btw how was S2 of Spice and Wolf? I'm thinking of picking it up on blu ray, as it's moderately priced and region free.
Original post by Truered
Btw how was S2 of Spice and Wolf? I'm thinking of picking it up on blu ray, as it's moderately priced and region free.

Very good, you wouldn't know the studio changed. :nah:
Reply 1959
:ta:

:lolwut: So that was Kamisama dolls ending? It felt more like an episode 11 then a finale.

"To be next story"? :doh:

Latest

Trending

Trending