Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This girl I know from uni seems really flrity with me and have known her since her first day at uni(shes here for a few months then back to own country)

We are really flirty and shes getting closer and closer, but see turns to putty when another guy arrives(she seems to like him as hes depressed and she feels motherly towards him) and "shines"

Havent seen this guy with her for about 10 days and saw him today in class and she was putty with him again.

It hurts me as though she is getting close with me, it seems she is even closer to him due to liking him as he has low self esteem,

Dont know what to think.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe just ask her what the situation is. Tell her you like her and you'd like to take things further than just flirting? Or ask her out and if it works out I'm sure she'll be able to tell you what she thinks of this guy. Mayeb they're just friends. You won't know unless you ask.

ReputationRep:
    Forget analyzing how she is when this other guy is around and do your own thing.

ReputationRep:
    Thats probably the way she is when she's friendly. If you really like her then you should ask her and do the move instead of letting her flirt with the other guy whenever he's around otherwise you'll keep thinking and thinking of this all over again.

(Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    Thats probably the way she is when she's friendly. If you really like her then you should ask her and do the move instead of letting her flirt with the other guy whenever he's around otherwise you'll keep thinking and thinking of this all over again.
    Well she jokes with him like "oh I want you to have my babies" and keeps saying he is really sweet.

She does call me sweet but its more of pure flirtation though she does jokingly tease me and jokes about stuff like how she has big boobs and is basically just like one of the lads with me(but not a ladette) Just loves to joke around.

She only sees this guy in class like once a month and is all over him, he was ignoring her a lot today as he was swamped with work and she did get a little annoyed by the end.

I dont think she is intentionally using him/us but is attracted to him but fancies me so I am confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well she jokes with him like "oh I want you to have my babies" and keeps saying he is really sweet.

She does call me sweet but its more of pure flirtation though she does jokingly tease me and jokes about stuff like how she has big boobs and is basically just like one of the lads with me(but not a ladette) Just loves to joke around.

She only sees this guy in class like once a month and is all over him, he was ignoring her a lot today as he was swamped with work and she did get a little annoyed by the end.

I dont think she is intentionally using him/us but is attracted to him but fancies me so I am confused.
    She's a flirt. It looks like flirting is her top personality. By that, its natural for her to flirt if you know what I mean. Either way you're still gonna have to talk to her about this if you really want to know the answer.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.