Turn on thread page Beta

Advice as to costs if you drop out of an ACA training contract watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, just a quick bit of advice.
    I have a job offer at PWC to do Audit starting in September. Now I know loads of people would die for this job offer, but I really cant decide whether to do it or not, I also like the idea of teaching. So Im trying to weigh up the two options.

A negative thats playing on my mind is the ACA qualification, I know it takes alot of work and Im not averse to putting in alot of effort. My worry is what happens if I do audit for say 4/6 months and I absolutely hate it, and I drop out of the contract. What costs will I have to pay back to PWC, do I have to pay for the exams Ive done so far, or for the exams Im yet to do, or both. Ive heard that the whole set of exams could cost like 30K, so would I be liable for the 30k fee if I dropped out after 6 months, that seems mental!

Also if I fail an exam and they say I have to be let go, am I agian liable for exam fees, and if so which ones. The ones Ive taken or the ones im yet to take, or both?

Thanks alot xx

ReputationRep:
    How did you get the job offer at PwC? The costs of terminating a contract depends on how you were recruited.

ReputationRep:
    you obviously won't have to pay for exams and study material that haven't been booked/bought

ReputationRep:
    Grad recruitment Dekota, I applied and went through the whole process of interview, assesment centre etc.
    Ah thanks Chewwy, so do you think id only pay for the exams I had already taken?
    Thanks for all your help, sorry if they sounds like stupid questions I am just a little unexperienced in this area, thanks again! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K..W.Studd)
    Grad recruitment Dekota, I applied and went through the whole process of interview, assesment centre etc.
    Ah thanks Chewwy, so do you think id only pay for the exams I had already taken?
    Thanks for all your help, sorry if they sounds like stupid questions I am just a little unexperienced in this area, thanks again! x
    at my employer the policy is you are liable for the costs associated with your study in the 1 year prior to your leaving.

i expect though that unless you leave on really bad terms, this policy would not be enacted. staff leaving and the costs associated with that are things employers just have to accept.

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, can you reveal who you work for? Do you imagine thats a general consensus?
    (This is extremely helpful by the way, I do really appriciate it!)

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.