Question about Durham's Online Application Form Watch

ginger.
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I'm a bit confused about the online application form.

There's a 'Other Relevant Experience Section'

It says

Please give details of any additional information that may support your application. This may include relevant background experience, professional or other relevant qualifications or training (please include awarding institution, principal subjects, qualifications and date of award), reasons for applying for the programme, etc.

This is an essay question. You have a maximum of 32,700 characters to answer this question.

Please give details of relevant experience (including employment, professional qualifications etc), additional comments and reasons for applying for the programme.

Is this my personal statement? It doesn't seem to ask for a personal statement anywhere else and the character limit is roughly the same as the length of the personal statement (500 words).
priority86
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ginger.)
I'm a bit confused about the online application form.

There's a 'Other Relevant Experience Section'

It says

Please give details of any additional information that may support your application. This may include relevant background experience, professional or other relevant qualifications or training (please include awarding institution, principal subjects, qualifications and date of award), reasons for applying for the programme, etc.

This is an essay question. You have a maximum of 32,700 characters to answer this question.

Please give details of relevant experience (including employment, professional qualifications etc), additional comments and reasons for applying for the programme.

Is this my personal statement? It doesn't seem to ask for a personal statement anywhere else and the character limit is roughly the same as the length of the personal statement (500 words).
That should be your personal statement.
Doubler
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That is the personal statement, its the biggest part of the application.

Edit: I know because I filled it.
ginger.
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Thanks a lot! I've finished my personal statement, just wanted to make sure.
Anivle
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
you sure it's 500 words? I wrote 800 words and it's 4700 characters.
mimi1884
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What do you mean by Personal Statement?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (11)
9.24%
Disagree (6)
5.04%
Neither agree or disagree (40)
33.61%
Agree (45)
37.82%
Strongly Agree (17)
14.29%

Watched Threads