The Student Room Group

Question about Durham's Online Application Form

I'm a bit confused about the online application form.

There's a 'Other Relevant Experience Section'

It says

Please give details of any additional information that may support your application. This may include relevant background experience, professional or other relevant qualifications or training (please include awarding institution, principal subjects, qualifications and date of award), reasons for applying for the programme, etc.

This is an essay question. You have a maximum of 32,700 characters to answer this question.

Please give details of relevant experience (including employment, professional qualifications etc), additional comments and reasons for applying for the programme.

Is this my personal statement? It doesn't seem to ask for a personal statement anywhere else and the character limit is roughly the same as the length of the personal statement (500 words).
Reply 1
Original post by ginger.
I'm a bit confused about the online application form.

There's a 'Other Relevant Experience Section'

It says

Please give details of any additional information that may support your application. This may include relevant background experience, professional or other relevant qualifications or training (please include awarding institution, principal subjects, qualifications and date of award), reasons for applying for the programme, etc.

This is an essay question. You have a maximum of 32,700 characters to answer this question.

Please give details of relevant experience (including employment, professional qualifications etc), additional comments and reasons for applying for the programme.

Is this my personal statement? It doesn't seem to ask for a personal statement anywhere else and the character limit is roughly the same as the length of the personal statement (500 words).

That should be your personal statement.
Reply 2
That is the personal statement, its the biggest part of the application.

Edit: I know because I filled it.
Reply 3
Thanks a lot! I've finished my personal statement, just wanted to make sure.
Reply 4
you sure it's 500 words? I wrote 800 words and it's 4700 characters.
Reply 5
What do you mean by Personal Statement?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending