Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am just wondering if these scenarios that I'm currently considering has ever been experienced by anyone else. Basically each scenario has it's pros and cons. These are

1. Live in a reasonable accommodation which is extremely close to the lecture building.

or

2. Live in a large accommodation with en-suite, but have to walk a bit further to get to my university.

At the moment, I feel like option 2 is a good one to pick.

However anyone else think I'd be better off in option 1 ? I've not had experience of this of course so I want opinions from other people

ReputationRep:
    If I were you, I'd take option two; I find that a walk in the morning gives me time to gather my thoughts and mentally organise what I'd like to achieve with the day. You could always take a bike to get there faster, or go with a group of friends to make the journey more entertaining. Although, friends can make you late sometimes!

ReputationRep:
    Option 1, because you will be late for lectures, but not as late seeing as you're closer.

OHH, new way to decide! How far will the toilets/showers be from your room? Say, the other end of the corridor (some can be long), take into consideration how many times you'll likely walk to and from the bathrooms in a day. Maybe 5 or 6. Calculate the distance. Add it on to the distance to your lecture theatre. Is option 1 still closer? :gah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Option 1, because you will be late for lectures, but not as late seeing as you're closer.
    Not having much faith in me

ReputationRep:
    Personally I'd go 2.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for option 1 = more sleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaek13456)
    Not having much faith in me
    Not you, specifically, just students in general

I'm a really punctual person but even I can get carried away with staring into space in the mornings and totally disregarding the time until I realise that I should have left 5 minutes ago. Especially if I was up late the night before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Not you, specifically, just students in general

I'm a really punctual person but even I can get carried away with staring into space in the mornings and totally disregarding the time until I realise that I should have left 5 minutes ago. Especially if I was up late the night before.
    Well at moment I'm trying to fix my body clock to 7am every day Monday-Saturday. Sunday I turn my alarm off and have a massive lie in though

ReputationRep:
    When you say large, do you mean lots of room, or lots of people.
    If its lots of room then id pick 2. If it was lots of people, then id pick 1.

ReputationRep:
    I have option 2 myself and I'd reccommend it, as it means that by the time I get to lectures I'm properly awake and ready to face the day, plus getting up 20 mins earlier is good for us lazy students.

Also (as often happens) if you wake up hungover the walk does you good in that respect.

ReputationRep:
    I think this has confirmed my interest in option 2 even more! Thanks everyone !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ponpon14)
    When you say large, do you mean lots of room, or lots of people.
    If its lots of room then id pick 2. If it was lots of people, then id pick 1.
    I really wouldn't want too many people either !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.