The Student Room Group

Any Pukhtuns/Pashtuns/Pathans here?

Salamoona!

I'm thinking of creating a soc for us noble Pukhtuns.
You can be from Afghanistan or Pakistan or India of the UK or anywhere as long as you consider yourself as a Pukhtun.

(Tbh i'll be surprised if I get any replies here)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
Reply 3
Original post by Xristina
Yeah googled it myself.

:wink:
Reply 4
rasha gule!
Reply 5
Pathan/Pashtun people are really beautiful.
Reply 6
Original post by Minni04
rasha gule!

Khai teh Pukhtun yeh?

I am really bad at understanding transliterations lol :/

Original post by j.laurence
Pathan/Pashtun people are really beautiful.

I agree! :biggrin:

....(obviously not being biased :ninja:)
Reply 7
I've got many Putaan friends but am not myself.
Reply 8
Original post by Pukhtun
Salamoona!

I'm thinking of creating a soc for us noble Pukhtuns.
You can be from Afghanistan or Pakistan or India of the UK or anywhere as long as you consider yourself as a Pukhtun.

(Tbh i'll be surprised if I get any replies here)

technically i am.. my grandad was one and could speak pashto, but we speak punjabi :s-smilie:
Reply 9
I dunno why I'm reminded of this, but....

R.I.P Brother Faisal

:colondollar:
Reply 10
Original post by Pukhtun
Khai teh Pukhtun yeh?

I am really bad at understanding transliterations lol :/
:ninja:)

um lol i don't really know what you said..i'm half pathaan..my mum's dad's pathaan and my dad's dad...

i love this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsTuabb8ewo&feature=related
Reply 11
My best friends Pathan and shes beautiful, like seriously :biggrin:
Yesss people the pathans from afghanistan and pakistan ( province of peshawar) have european and isreali jewish ancestry and are considered caucasians. Do any pathans here consider themselves caucasians and do you think you know what your ancestry might be?
Reply 13
Original post by cool pilot dude
Yesss people the pathans from afghanistan and pakistan ( province of peshawar) have european and isreali jewish ancestry and are considered caucasians. Do any pathans here consider themselves caucasians and do you think you know what your ancestry might be?

That is true, we are Caucasian and a good mix too! Not too dark, not too mongoloid, not too Arab...just perfect :].......(there's nothing wrong with any of those things before anyone complains!)

To be honest no one really knows our ancestry, there are many theories :s-smilie:
Some say our ancestors are from one of the lost tribes of Israel, others say we descended from the Scythian people of the Steppe, from Europe or from Bactrian descent.

"Of all the groups, there is more convincing evidence about the Pashtuns than anybody else, but the Pashtuns are the ones who would reject Israel most ferociously. That is the sweet irony."
—Shalva Weil

Who knows? Afghanistan is afterall the heart of Asia and many many different peoples have come and gone and have integrated with our local culture/people.

Original post by janet9
I dunno why I'm reminded of this, but....

R.I.P Brother Faisal

:colondollar:

Who is Brother Faisal? :confused:

Original post by Minni04
um lol i don't really know what you said..i'm half pathaan..my mum's dad's pathaan and my dad's dad...

i love this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsTuabb8ewo&feature=related

lol I said 'so you are a Pukhtun?'

I see, so can you understand any pashto?
Reply 14
Original post by Pukhtun

lol I said 'so you are a Pukhtun?'

I see, so can you understand any pashto?

i know rasha gule, rasha khana..ao khana..ao na..and the first line of the janaan song and the chorus (:
that's all
i wish i knew more..there was a book i really wanted to get called the Pukhtun Tales i think..
Reply 15
Sangayaay.
Aren't you talking about rural farmers of Pakistan?

Clarifying the different ''origins'' would be appreciated for us non pakistanis.
Reply 17
Original post by Malsy
Sangayaay.

Ze hu yum, shukoor dey.

Te sangeyeh?

(Where i'm from we say Tangeyeh instead of Sangeyeh)
Reply 18
Original post by Theconomist
Aren't you talking about rural farmers of Pakistan?

Clarifying the different ''origins'' would be appreciated for us non pakistanis.

Eh?

You do not have to be Pakistani or a farmer to be a Pukhtun :rolleyes:

I am a "non pakistani" as well...

I am referring to anyone who ethnically and culturally considers themselves Pukhtun or part-Pukthun. Prefferably if you can speak Pakhto but that is not necessary.

If you want to learn about who the Pakhtuns are then have a look at that wiki link above.
Reply 19
Original post by Pukhtun
Ze hu yum, shukoor dey.

Te sangeyeh?

(Where i'm from we say Tangeyeh instead of Sangeyeh)

ze kha yammmmm alhamdolillah hehehe

Quick Reply

Latest