Turn on thread page Beta

A few nights in Barcelona watch

ReputationRep:
    Going to Barcelona on sunday, 3 nights in total. 7 of us doing it on the cheap and staying in a hostel. How expensive is it to go out in Barca? I was thinking 150'ish Euros, some mates are taking lot more though. Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Lol you'll just miss me, I'm heading up there on Friday and coming back Sunday.

For bars it'll depend on the place, but will likely be on a par with at home, maybe slightly more expensive, say 3 euro for a bottle of Damm. Look for Erasmus nights if you're after clubs on a weeknight, should be an entry deal or two flying about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Lol you'll just miss me, I'm heading up there on Friday and coming back Sunday.

For bars it'll depend on the place, but will likely be on a par with at home, maybe slightly more expensive, say 3 euro for a bottle of Damm. Look for Erasmus nights if you're after clubs on a weeknight, should be an entry deal or two flying about.
    Haha, nice! What are Erasmus nights? I've heard saying avoid the streetside bars and the Ramblas as they can be pricey. Cant wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigred0489)
    Haha, nice! What are Erasmus nights? I've heard saying avoid the streetside bars and the Ramblas as they can be pricey. Cant wait!
    Basically Erasmus is a university exchange scheme where students head to universities in other European countries to study, have fun and get an all round cultural experience. There's usually an Erasmus students' association in each big European university city (there was one at this uni I went to in France with only 7000 students in total!) and it will arrange usually weekly nights out at certain bars in town for cheap entry and drinks. I'm on Erasmus at the moment in Valencia and a troupe of Belgian lads came in to the Monday night hangout place a few weeks ago, apparently just on tour! Only if you don't mind only being amongst other foreigners, though :cool:

Apart from that yeah take care on Ramblas. It's notorious for pickpocketing and petty theft. I'd suggest wallets in front or zip pockets, that kinda thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Basically Erasmus is a university exchange scheme where students head to universities in other European countries to study, have fun and get an all round cultural experience. There's usually an Erasmus students' association in each big European university city (there was one at this uni I went to in France with only 7000 students in total!) and it will arrange usually weekly nights out at certain bars in town for cheap entry and drinks. I'm on Erasmus at the moment in Valencia and a troupe of Belgian lads came in to the Monday night hangout place a few weeks ago, apparently just on tour! Only if you don't mind only being amongst other foreigners, though :cool:

Apart from that yeah take care on Ramblas. It's notorious for pickpocketing and petty theft. I'd suggest wallets in front or zip pockets, that kinda thing.
    Nice one mate! I know about Erasmus exchanges, i was supposed to be on Erasmus last year, fell through though. I had no idea about the students association etc etc though! I'll definitely look into it though, see what i find. Foreign students, not a problem... Thanks again, much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you don't get pickpocketed..the buggers are EVERYWHERE.

ReputationRep:
    watch out for pickpockets btw oh and prostitutes on la ramblas ha ha

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.