Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i made a mistake on my online application regarding my dads marital status. i selected separated instead of married (silly me) and now i cant change it plus, student finance are asking for evidence to prove he is separated which he is not. would calling them be any help? help please

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you'll have to call them and tell them it was a mistake. Should get sorted but they might send you a form to fill in to change it, they're not fast.

ReputationRep:
    it shouldnt take that long should it? only because i hear and see people complaining about student finance taking long to deal with problems all the time.

ReputationRep:
    They were terrible for me. Took about 2 months to process my first application, then 2 months to process extra evidence I sent them.

ReputationRep:
    I have done the exact thing except i have said that my mum is married instead of single, what did you go, did you just phone student finance and fill another form or did you have to write a letter, i plan to phone them in the morning to see what i need to do.

ReputationRep:
    I too am in a similar situation, I just got off the phone to them and the guy said just write a cover letter explaining the mistake and send it to the address you send forms to:-

Student Finance England
    PO Box 210
    Darlington
    DL1 9HJ

ReputationRep:
    Call them and see if they can change it on the phone. If not then its a change of circumstances form.

ReputationRep:
    I received news today that my application has been successfully changed, so writing a cover letter works very well IMHO. I sent it off on the 1st Sep, but I imagine it was quite busy towards the start of term.

Good luck to anyone else with these problems.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.