Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    Cheers!
    I'm applying for William Morris, Robert Bakewell and I'm undecided on the other.

What are you applying for?
    William Morris and possibly Harry French
    Not sure ensuite or not, dont think it's worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BelBon1)
    If the people who can apply on say the 31st May don't get their preferred room, then surely they can try again at 9am the next day when another batch of room availability comes on line? Doesn't that make it more difficult for those applying later in the week to get their first choice - because potentially more people could be trying?

For example - I want Bill Mo ensuite and can apply at 9am on Thursday 2nd. If someone else has 9am on 1st June as their date to apply and they log in at 9.10 to find all Bill Mo ensuite rooms gone, then they could just try at 9am on 2nd June when some more rooms have been released into the system couldn't they?
    Everyone gets a certain day to apply on. If you do not do it that day you will get what is left - it doesn't matter if you log in the next day as those rooms are for the next batch of people who were SUPPOSED to log in that day - everyone is split into groups for certain days. You will only see what is left from the day you were supposed to pick a room.

ReputationRep:
    YAY I'm due to log on on the 2nd June I'm really worried about logging on dead on 9, then it ACTUALLY being before 9 on the system lol and having an epic fail to deal with. I think I may log on at 9.01 to be safe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanLim93)
    William Morris and possibly Harry French
    Not sure ensuite or not, dont think it's worth it.
    I don't want ensuite, it's so much more expensive and I don't think it's worth it. I'm prepared to slum it. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polka_dott)
    Everyone gets a certain day to apply on. If you do not do it that day you will get what is left - it doesn't matter if you log in the next day as those rooms are for the next batch of people who were SUPPOSED to log in that day - everyone is split into groups for certain days. You will only see what is left from the day you were supposed to pick a room.
    Thank you so much! That's reassuring!

ReputationRep:
    Mines at 1.30PM when im not at college, does that give me an advantage over others who might be at college :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    I hope so! I really don't want to end up sharing a room in Butler Court. :lol:

Same! I had visions of my laptop crashing and me desperately hitting it whilst starting to cry.

You're doing Publishing with English aren't you? You'll probably see me in some of the English lectures. :awesome:
    Haha! Is BC the worst one then? I've wanted William Morris from the start but I really should read up on the others properly. My worst nightmare would be anything catered I think, just because I don't like the idea of eating at a set time. Yep, publishing w/ English, are you doing straight English? :borat: I can't wait to get a reading list, the worrying thing is that I can't remember the last time I read a book! Not good! :h::facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xnatalie01x)
    Haha! Is BC the worst one then? I've wanted William Morris from the start but I really should read up on the others properly. My worst nightmare would be anything catered I think, just because I don't like the idea of eating at a set time. Yep, publishing w/ English, are you doing straight English? :borat: I can't wait to get a reading list, the worrying thing is that I can't remember the last time I read a book! Not good! :h::facepalm:
    The vast majority of Butler Court rooms are SHARED. :eek:. The idea of sharing a room with a complete stranger terrifies me. Also, I'm incredibly messy so they'd hate me after a day. I really want self-catered too! I want the freedom of cooking my own food. I'm a terrible cook so I need to learn!

I'm doing English and American Lit. I know the feeling. I've been really busy in the past few months, but I've got some books ready to read over the summer.

ReputationRep:
    i got the accommodation email, tried to download the attachment and its just blank?! WHAT??!!

ReputationRep:
    Ok ok ok... Panic over. Just needed to open it in Word. I knew that...

ReputationRep:
    Mine opens 31st May 8:30 earliest so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patrick93)
    Mine opens 31st May 8:30 earliest so far
    Doesn't give you an advantage, though.

I'd hate that, I'm never awake at that sort of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    Doesn't give you an advantage, though.

I'd hate that, I'm never awake at that sort of time.
    yh i know, i'm alway awake early and some people are just unable to do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patrick93)
    yh i know, i'm alway awake early and some people are just unable to do that.
    I can do it, I just routinely choose not to.

ReputationRep:
    I can do it, I just routinely choose not to.
    lol which halls you gunning for then?

ReputationRep:
    I will be in the Holt, but I cleverly avoid the issue of having to get up early to apply by currently being a second year student and therefore having my room sorted weeks ago.
    very clever :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Accomodation sorted :cool: BillMo Here I come!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by storpedo91)
    Accomodation sorted :cool: BillMo Here I come!!!
    Did you do that this morning? Lucky devil

ReputationRep:
    You don't want to join Harry French there are some very rude people staying there next year!

ReputationRep:
    I got my email (1st June - 8:30am) wooo!

I am going to apply for Bakewell and I have a few weird questions:

Do people tend do get a lot of spiders or bugs? lol

Ummm how long does the floor in the en-suites take to dry usually, because I know they're like wash rooms.

And how far is Bakewell from any supermarket or the village?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.