Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Looks like its fingers crossed and hope someone doesn't meet the grades even though its kind of cruel.thanks for the help(s)

ReputationRep:
    What happens now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    What happens now?
    Conditionals: Wait until you've got your results and your place is confirmed, then you have 8 days to pay your room bond to confirm your room.

Unconditionals: You'll get an email or letter sometime around July with your student ID number, you need to pay your room bond within 8 days of this.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm doing Art Foundation and I'm a little confused about the accommodation...Did the other (not art students) start applying from today? The email says monday for us so does this mean most of the halls will be full for the foundation students? And which are the best halls/rooms for foundation students out of what you know?
    Sorry for all the questions, thank you to anyone that answers!! ;p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    Conditionals: Wait until you've got your results and your place is confirmed, then you have 8 days to pay your room bond to confirm your room.

Unconditionals: You'll get an email or letter sometime around July with your student ID number, you need to pay your room bond within 8 days of this.
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PollyGirl)
    Hi I'm doing Art Foundation and I'm a little confused about the accommodation...Did the other (not art students) start applying from today? The email says monday for us so does this mean most of the halls will be full for the foundation students? And which are the best halls/rooms for foundation students out of what you know?
    Sorry for all the questions, thank you to anyone that answers!! ;p
    Hey! I'm doing art foundation too, nice to meet you . Other non-art students started to apply from yesterday and will continue to do so the rest of the week, but we can apply from next Monday as we're not GUARANTEED accommodation. And no it doesn't mean the halls will be all filled up they've reserved a certain number of rooms in most halls for art students that won't be filled by the others.

For us, I think the best accommodations will be in the east park because we will need to be nearer LUSAD than the library. It all depends on whether you want catered or self-catered and your budget as we can't get a loan, which is ridiculous. The most popular one is Bill Mo but I think I'd prefer Butler Court. So choice is yours really .

ReputationRep:
    a question to those that have already applied for thier accomodation...when you're given the list of the accomodation, are they set out alphabetically or en-suite/standard rooms or what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jrsantosb)
    a question to those that have already applied for thier accomodation...when you're given the list of the accomodation, are they set out alphabetically or en-suite/standard rooms or what?
    I dont think that they are alphabetical from what i remember (i did mine last week) but they are grouped in terms of halls. So bill mo en suite & standard were right next to each other. But best thing to do is scroll and find your choice hall and click continue without wasting time reading the stuff. Thats what i did lol

ReputationRep:
    Just a note to people who are worried about logging in early and having to wait 15 minutes, if you clear your cookies on you web browser you'll be able to log in again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyleidge)
    Just a note to people who are worried about logging in early and having to wait 15 minutes, if you clear your cookies on you web browser you'll be able to log in again!
    Good tip.

Using a different browser, or even a different computer, will achieve the same thing. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Man the demand was hugee! I logged in 10 mins later when the whole accomodation thing was open...Ended up in Faukler Egginton (or something like that) even that had like 4 spaces left....Anyone else in that building

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh applying for accommodation soon(ish...) lol, pretty worried after all these horrible times other people have been having with it. Fingers crossed x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel_Leah)
    Ahhhh applying for accommodation soon(ish...) lol, pretty worried after all these horrible times other people have been having with it. Fingers crossed x
    Very best of luck

ReputationRep:
    Same! Hopefully, some people will have overslept, or something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    Same! Hopefully, some people will have overslept, or something!
    I honestly hope so, I REALLY don't want to put in a preference etc, the suspense is killing me!

ReputationRep:
    I honestly hope so, I REALLY don't want to put in a preference etc, the suspense is killing me!
    Same! I didn't sleep well last night because I was so scared of over sleeping!
    I've got my little list of accommodation ready. I just want these next four minutes to hurry up and pass!

ReputationRep:
    Same! I didn't sleep well last night because I was so scared of over sleeping!
    I've got my little list of accommodation ready. I just want these next four minutes to hurry up and pass!
    Ahh that was UBER tense. I realised last minute that because Google Chrome saves my password I didn't even remember what it was, so when I opened internet explorer (just in case I logged on late) I was like oh crap...I really hope I don't accidently log in early...But luckily I secured my William Morris Ensuite pretty quickly aaaah

ReputationRep:
    Ahh that was UBER tense. I realised last minute that because Google Chrome saves my password I didn't even remember what it was, so when I opened internet explorer (just in case I logged on late) I was like oh crap...I really hope I don't accidently log in early...But luckily I secured my William Morris Ensuite pretty quickly aaaah
    Got Bill Mo standard! Just waiting for step five to complete.
    The server is so slow..

ReputationRep:
    Congrats, that was a pretty popular choice right

I clicked on my choice but the next page has been loading for about five minutes I'm worried if I refresh it everything will be gone aha

ReputationRep:
    Got Bill Mo standard! Just waiting for step five to complete.
    The server is so slow..
    GOD I KNOW! I was getting so stressed out, especially at the stage where you clicked on it, and just had to wait to 'confirm' I was so worried that it would say 'No, sorry, your computer was too slow' or something. Phew, glad that's over. At least this has given me some early morning adrenaline to start Psychology revision. Bleurgh.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 22, 2014
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.