Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    is william morris basically the same as robert bakewell in terms of looks?

ReputationRep:
    oh, and when do you get asked who you want to or dont want to be with in flats? and when do you find out what flat you will be in on what floor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sawwah)
    is william morris basically the same as robert bakewell in terms of looks?
    Looks vaguely similar to me, but they're not copied and pasted like Bakewell/Elvyn/Rigg Rut/John Philips are.

oh, and when do you get asked who you want to or dont want to be with in flats?
    After results day I think.

and when do you find out what flat you will be in on what floor?
    When you arrive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alums)
    YOU'RE SO LUCKY. I wanted Elvyn Richards so badly but it went in less than 30 seconds, my only other choice was Royce Is Royce any good? I got ensuite with 4ft bed?
    That's exactly the one I wanted, Royce ensuite. If we both get into Loughborough and don't like our halls we could consider a swap?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    Looks vaguely similar to me, but they're not copied and pasted like Bakewell/Elvyn/Rigg Rut/John Philips are.

After results day I think.

When you arrive.
    can you put preferences down like 'i dont want to be on the bottom floor' ? because i heard they ask you about hobbies and things to match you with roommates, you probably said that

ReputationRep:
    can you put preferences down like 'i dont want to be on the bottom floor' ? because i heard they ask you about hobbies and things to match you with roommates, you probably said that
    Not sure, I think it varies between halls, you'd be best checking with the hall warden. There's no guarantee that you'll get your preferences of course.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure on things like what floor you're on, if you could (and I'd known) I wouldn't have gone for the 3rd floor in Butler that's for sure - especially when they've shut off the baggage lift because people get drunk and climb inside it.

When you're doing you online hall induction they ask you about your hobbies and interests so they can match your flat up (in my case, room mate so you're not stuck sharing a room with someone you have nothing in common with) - they're usually pretty good with it, I don't know any flats that have any major fallings out.

ReputationRep:
    I got stuck on 2nd June too, really pissed me off.
    I chose Elvyn and waited for the next step, but then it crashed.
    When I logged in at 3pm, Elvyn was all gone and so I simply went for my original choice - Towers.
    Anyone going to Towers??

ReputationRep:
    any information on falk egg? how is it over there???
    also did anyone put it as their accomodation?? =]

ReputationRep:
    Hey ,
    Loughborough didn't have anything left when I applied for my accommodation after it reopened , but it meant that I got put on the preference list and I'm not quite sure if I'm guaranteed the accommodation I asked for... Is anyone in the same boat as me , or can anyone help ! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Got Harry French! Seems to be OK

Does anyone know if Harry French Court flats are single sex? I read something like that. I would prefer mixed.

ReputationRep:
    Quick questions to those who have already applied:

I am applying for accommodation on Monday at 9am and it has the announcement on the website saying I need to register before 7am because the system will be closed between 7-9am for a data import. But when I try and register all that happens is that it "recognises" me but it doesn't allow me to go any further because "I'm not elligble to apply for halls right now". Is that ok?

Does that mean that I can only register on monday? So should I try registering after 12 tomorrow night or will it not allow me to register until the next day properly and hence wake up before 7 and register then go back to sleep and wake up to apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r05hni)
    Quick questions to those who have already applied:

I am applying for accommodation on Monday at 9am and it has the announcement on the website saying I need to register before 7am because the system will be closed between 7-9am for a data import. But when I try and register all that happens is that it "recognises" me but it doesn't allow me to go any further because "I'm not elligble to apply for halls right now". Is that ok?

Does that mean that I can only register on monday? So should I try registering after 12 tomorrow night or will it not allow me to register until the next day properly and hence wake up before 7 and register then go back to sleep and wake up to apply?
    Have you had an email through?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    Have you had an email through?
    Yep I did, and it gave me an applicant number rather than me using my UCAS number because to do the art and design foundation course you have to apply directly to the uni rather than through UCAS.

My applicant number works for me, as it recognises me but just won't let me go any further. It's the same thing happening for other art foundation students. As you can see on the "art foundation thread"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r05hni)
    Yep I did, and it gave me an applicant number rather than me using my UCAS number because to do the art and design foundation course you have to apply directly to the uni rather than through UCAS.

My applicant number works for me, as it recognises me but just won't let me go any further. It's the same thing happening for other art foundation students. As you can see on the "art foundation thread"
    That sounds about right from what I remember last year. You should, IIRC, just be able to log on with that number they gave you at 9am on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    That sounds about right from what I remember last year. You should, IIRC, just be able to log on with that number they gave you at 9am on Monday.
    Thank you! Also thank you for answering questions about butler court in the thread ages ago. That's the one I'm hoping to get!

I'm gonna try and register after 12 tomorrow night in the hope that I won't have to wake up twice in the morning!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inf_Amy)
    Couple of quick questions - How long would the walk be from Harry French Court into town? and the train station?

Also, how strict are they on no overnight visitors? Don't wanna risk it if it's a 100% no-go.
    About 5-10 minutes into town and 20 minutes to the station.

Overnight visitors is absolutely fine; no-one will notice or care, ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mint treasure)
    Got Harry French! Seems to be OK

Does anyone know if Harry French Court flats are single sex? I read something like that. I would prefer mixed.
    Were single sex last year but mixed this year; just depends what the Warden decides.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kris_93)
    Dang it! Missed on Bill Mo =( Still got Harry French which I'm pretty happy with, who else is gonna be joining me then? Also how bad is the walk to the uni?
    How bad?! Not a problem at all; in fact it is closer to many of the lecture theatres such as James France or Cope Auditorium than many halls on campus.

James France is about 10 minutes away, Edward Herbert Building about 13 and the library around 17.

Union is 5 minutes if that so it's ideally placed for all your needs

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.