Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When will the people who have preferenced find out where they are going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lotta!)
    When will the people who have preferenced find out where they are going?
    I think a few days after results days .

ReputationRep:
    I'm an international student and I got the flight ticket on 6th Sept, however the official move in date is 27th Sept for Towers. Just wonder if anyone know any student accomodation available for 3 weeks? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    When do we have to pay our room bonds? I'm confused about that. :/

ReputationRep:
    I will be there come october - I am officially a future member of 'falk egg'

I too would love some info about it.. can anyone who has stayed there give us a testimonial about the place?

All I know for sure is how utterly cheap the place is !

All you other Falk Eggs get in here !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inf_Amy)
    When do we have to pay our room bonds? I'm confused about that. :/
    I think someone said, within 8 days after results day.

ReputationRep:
    Heyyy

I'm going to be staying in the Rigg-Rut halls

Who else is??

Z
    z

ReputationRep:
    How long does it take to walk from Towers to Engineering Block and into town? It looks like meals can be taken at David Collett. Wanted Bill Mo or Bakewell as fussy eater but neither available less than 10 mins from accommodation opening on 31st May. Do most people cycle or catch the campus bus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r05hni)
    I think someone said, within 8 days after results day.
    For those of you with conditional offers, that's correct :yep:

(Original post by blahblahblag)
    How long does it take to walk from Towers to Engineering Block and into town? It looks like meals can be taken at David Collett. Wanted Bill Mo or Bakewell as fussy eater but neither available less than 10 mins from accommodation opening on 31st May. Do most people cycle or catch the campus bus?
    Probably about 25 minutes to each. Maybe a bit less.

Cycling is pretty common.

ReputationRep:
    I chose Bakewell too- I was swayed by the ensuite and the double bed I can't wait. So happy I got my first choice.
    I'm not exactly sure about the dining card- I'm not sure how much I'd use it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiesmith)
    Hey ,
    Loughborough didn't have anything left when I applied for my accommodation after it reopened , but it meant that I got put on the preference list and I'm not quite sure if I'm guaranteed the accommodation I asked for... Is anyone in the same boat as me , or can anyone help ! Thank you
    It sounds like you're on a waiting list, so not guaranteed, but I'll move this to the Loughborough forum where people are more likely to know the system.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiesmith)
    Hey ,
    Loughborough didn't have anything left when I applied for my accommodation after it reopened , but it meant that I got put on the preference list and I'm not quite sure if I'm guaranteed the accommodation I asked for... Is anyone in the same boat as me , or can anyone help ! Thank you
    You're guaranteed accommodation, there's just no guarantees about which accommodation. They will try to give you one of your preferences, or at least something similar if that's not possible, but nothing's certain.

ReputationRep:
    Okay , the most annoying thing is that I got Robert Bakewell confirmed in the morning and then when it crashed my application got lost , then when I applied again I could only get on the preference list ! Soo annoying ! Thanks though

ReputationRep:
    Probably about 25 minutes to each. Maybe a bit less.Probably about 25 minutes to each. Maybe a bit less.

Cycling is pretty common.

Thanks Potally - shame not a Sporty entrant!!! Viewed Bakewell on a visit & was impressed with location/facilities & Bill Mo a little cheaper with pets. Any other engineers out there going to The Towers?

ReputationRep:
    Royce Ensuite! Anyone else going to Royce?

ReputationRep:
    BUTLER COURT YAY!! anyone else going butler?

ReputationRep:
    hey I know this is the accommodation thread but:

for nights out at the union can we bring people from other unis? because one of my best friends is going to notts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r05hni)
    hey I know this is the accommodation thread but:

for nights out at the union can we bring people from other unis? because one of my best friends is going to notts
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    Yes.
    Thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.