Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when we have to pay the accommodation fees? I was gonna pay in instalments but i was wondering when we find out when we have to pay by

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyinks)
    Does anyone know when we have to pay the accommodation fees? I was gonna pay in instalments but i was wondering when we find out when we have to pay by
    Deadlines this year were:
    1st term: 30th November
    2nd term: 28th January
    3rd term: 13th May
    So they'll be around the same sort of time next year. What I did was just pay them as soon as I noticed my loan had come in. Makes it easier for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    So they'll be around the same sort of time next year. What I did was just pay them as soon as I noticed my loan had come in. Makes it easier for me.
    O ok thanks. And yeah thats what im gonna do, but i didnt want it to be like a week after i get the money i have to pay cos things may go wrong or i may forget and didnt want the hassle of it all

ReputationRep:
    O ok thanks. And yeah thats what im gonna do, but i didnt want it to be like a week after i get the money i have to pay cos things may go wrong or i may forget and didnt want the hassle of it all
    Even if there is a problem with your loan, if you speak to the student accommodation centre and tell them you're having trouble with finance they should give you a bit of leeway with the deadlines. I think most uni's realise that SFE are, quite frankly, crap and will have contingency plans for if students don't get their loans until really late.

ReputationRep:
    Even if there is a problem with your loan, if you speak to the student accommodation centre and tell them you're having trouble with finance they should give you a bit of leeway with the deadlines. I think most uni's realise that SFE are, quite frankly, crap and will have contingency plans for if students don't get their loans until really late.
    o haha thanks. hopefully i wont be one of the unlucky ones they mess up with

ReputationRep:
    o haha thanks. hopefully i wont be one of the unlucky ones they mess up with
    As long as you get everything in fairly early you should be fine. One of my mates at Newcastle Uni didn't get his first instalment until he left for Christmas, very bad luck on his part.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering but my sister said for her university Kent they could pay for the whole year or the whole course fee and get a cheaper fee? So instead of paying in installaments you just pay everything in one go? Is that possible for loughborough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanLim93)
    Just wondering but my sister said for her university Kent they could pay for the whole year or the whole course fee and get a cheaper fee? So instead of paying in installaments you just pay everything in one go? Is that possible for loughborough?
    I'm not sure if it's possible to pay in one lump sum. I don't see why it wouldn't be - but you're best off contacting the Student Accommodation Centre to find out.

ReputationRep:
    so i'm looking for a guide for my packing to the halls. i am most definitely sure that i have seen it somewhere before, but i've searched for ages and just cannot find it. little help ppl?

ReputationRep:
    i'm about to start my first year at lufbra in october!!! so i read in the FAQ section that you are not allowed to have guests stay in your room if you live in the halls.. but i feel like it's something that ppl do anyway. so what actually does happen there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aznbeggerap)
    so i'm looking for a guide for my packing to the halls. i am most definitely sure that i have seen it somewhere before, but i've searched for ages and just cannot find it. little help ppl?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._To_University

There!

ReputationRep:
    on a legal level, having a guest (assuming a no guest policy is in place) would be a simple reach of contract (as you need to sign the contract to take up residence) therefore you would be liable for forced removal and have to pay for the room until it can be relet.

although you can probably get a guest pass from the front office or you may need to sign your guest in as this is how most halls work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UPPSY)
    on a legal level, having a guest (assuming a no guest policy is in place) would be a simple reach of contract (as you need to sign the contract to take up residence) therefore you would be liable for forced removal and have to pay for the room until it can be relet.

although you can probably get a guest pass from the front office or you may need to sign your guest in as this is how most halls work.
    No need to be so uptight tbh. In reality, everybody has people staying round. There is no need to tell the university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UPPSY)

Legally, you're right. But in reality the wardens generally don't give a crap if it's only for a weekend - that's even if they find out, most don't. Even in a fire drill, as long as you get out the building you won't be caught, it's not like they take a register.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michel Foucault)
    God you sound like a barrel of laughs

Nah babe I am a realist but I can also find a loop hole in anything

ReputationRep:
    Legally, you're right. But in reality the wardens generally don't give a crap if it's only for a weekend - that's even if they find out, most don't. Even in a fire drill, as long as you get out the building you won't be caught, it's not like they take a register.
    Because your avatar is Sheldon now, I read all your comments in his voice :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phobia27)
    Because your avatar is Sheldon now, I read all your comments in his voice :ahee:
    :awesome:
    I might change it soon. I've had Sheldon for a while now.

ReputationRep:
    :awesome:
    I might change it soon. I've had Sheldon for a while now.
    Animated avatars are the best :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Left Bill Mo and Loughborough for the summer! :cry2:

Hopefully I will return to Bill Mo...one day. Not in the near future though, second year living in town, third year placement, so 4th/5th year minimum!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phobia27)
    Left Bill Mo and Loughborough for the summer! :cry2:

Hopefully I will return to Bill Mo...one day. Not in the near future though, second year living in town, third year placement, so 4th/5th year minimum!
    Took your time! I went home on Wednesday.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 22, 2014
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.