Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyinks)
    But do you know when we get told whereabouts we'll be living? Like do we get an email saying its in F block or do we only find out on the day?
    You'll find out when you arrive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    You'll find out when you arrive
    But i cant wait :'(

ReputationRep:
    also, to sign up to some clubs or societies, we need a student email. will we get this when we go there or before? because some clubs fill up in the summer holidays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sawwah)
    also, to sign up to some clubs or societies, we need a student email. will we get this when we go there or before? because some clubs fill up in the summer holidays.
    Ive already got my uni email but i just need the password but not sure when we get that. But you get the email address in the post when its time for you to pay room bond cos it comes with your uni number (the Bxxxxxx one)

ReputationRep:
    also, to sign up to some clubs or societies, we need a student email. will we get this when we go there or before?
    When you arrive.

because some clubs fill up in the summer holidays.
    Which?

Never heard of that happening.

ReputationRep:
    the people who run the dance club said that

ReputationRep:
    the people who run the dance club said that
    I dont know for sure but they may have said that so that people apply for them immediately. Cos i just spoke to my brother and he said you get the password at a uni induction thing. So unless dance is filled with returning students, you should be able to get a spot

ReputationRep:
    Ive already got my uni email but i just need the password but not sure when we get that. But you get the email address in the post when its time for you to pay room bond cos it comes with your uni number (the Bxxxxxx one)
    You won't get your email password until move-in day. At least, I didn't - they give you a little slip of paper with all your log-in details (i.e. ATHENS - which is something to do with the library I think - and the computers in the computer labs).

ReputationRep:
    Is that for all the halls? Cos im gonna be in billmo but was wondering if its the same. Also, can you lock yourself out of you floor? Or is the floor door unlocked?
    In Bill Mo you use a key card. You cannot get locked out your own room (unless it glitches, but that rarely happens). The flat and block doors do automatically lock though so remember the key card before leaving the flat! The studio rooms automatically lock.

But do you know when we get told whereabouts we'll be living? Like do we get an email saying its in F block or do we only find out on the day?
    You find out on the day, however if you want a rough idea -

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/media/wwwlbor...iam-morris.jpg

The green and dark blue blocks are en-suite. If you're lucky (like I was!) and you live close to reception you can use their wireless connection as all rooms are wired connections! I also think that block NN is a ensuite though not entirely sure about that.

The rest of the yellow blocks are 5 bedroom WHB. The red blocks are 3 bedroom WHB, and the orange, purple and light blue block I think is mostly 7 bedroom WHB. The studio rooms are scattered around every block, some in and some out of the flats.

Regardless of where you're living you'll meet great people, and all the rooms are very high standard and similar in size whether you are WHB or en-suite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phobia27)
    In Bill Mo you use a key card. You cannot get locked out your own room (unless it glitches, but that rarely happens). The flat and block doors do automatically lock though so remember the key card before leaving the flat! The studio rooms automatically lock
    I knew billmo was best. Id rather have a keycard than an actual key cos to me those are better. And i'd probs keep my keycard with my student id in my pockets or something

The green and dark blue blocks are en-suite. If you're lucky (like I was!) and you live close to reception you can use their wireless connection as all rooms are wired connections!
    I'll be ensuite so hopefully i will be close cos i havent used a wire for internet for years!

Wheres the laundry place btw? I dont wanna be walking far for laundry lol

ReputationRep:
    I knew billmo was best. Id rather have a keycard than an actual key cos to me those are better. And i'd probs keep my keycard with my student id in my pockets or something

I'll be ensuite so hopefully i will be close cos i havent used a wire for internet for years!

Wheres the laundry place btw? I dont wanna be walking far for laundry lol
    There's one in the reception, can get busy as there's only 4 washing machines and dryers, but if you just go at obscure times like Saturday morning or whatever should be fine

ReputationRep:
    where is th nearest laundry place for robert bakewell?

ReputationRep:
    The only hall I know of that doesn't need your student ID to get into is Harry French. There could be more (I mean, I've not seen Falk Egg or half the halls in the village) though.

ReputationRep:
    There's one in the reception, can get busy as there's only 4 washing machines and dryers, but if you just go at obscure times like Saturday morning or whatever should be fine
    O ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    where is th nearest laundry place for robert bakewell?
    "The Hub", it's right next to the hall.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, at the moment I have reserved an en suite room in rigg rutt. I really want to swap to Bill Mo so if anyone has a room in bill mo and they want to swap please let me know!!!

ReputationRep:
    the forms they sent us. the student information one and the medical one. do we have to fill in the medical one now? or do we wait till we have an address at loughborough? becuase part of it says 'loughborough address' and i dont have one yet

ReputationRep:
    the forms they sent us. the student information one and the medical one. do we have to fill in the medical one now? or do we wait till we have an address at loughborough? becuase part of it says 'loughborough address' and i dont have one yet
    Wait until you get there. They probably just sent it now so that we have it for when we go uni and can register there. Its the other form we need to do before we start

ReputationRep:
    okay. phwew! was worrying for a minute. i do like my uni id picture though took a bit of posing. but hey, i dont like many photos of myself so thats good

ReputationRep:
    so do you only have lectures on the mondays for two weeks? or is it throughout the whole week?

And one thing i've been wondering. for robert baekwell, do you get an actual key to lock your room or a key card? and is it easy to lock yourself out of your room if you walk out, shut the door and leave your key inside?

or do you have to lock it, rather than it doing it automatically?
    Nah, if you look at what I said in the last post I quoted you in - you have lectures throughout the whole week minus the days in the week you move in (e.g. if you move in on the thursday then you don't have lectures on the friday, if you move in on the wednesday then you don't have lectures on the thursday or friday ETC)

(you will either move in on tuesday, wednesday or thursday and don't have any lectures that week, then lectures start properly on the monday)

About your key question:
    Depending on which hall you're in you get either a set of keys that lock your bedroom door and your window and your cupboard (and then your ID card opens your flat door) or you get a set of keys with all those keys and a different key for your flat (and then in some halls like bakewell you will need your ID card to get into the building)

I thought the modules were compulsory??? Or can you choose extra modules??
    For some degrees you get to choose some modules

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.