The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Original post by babyinks
Wait until you get there. They probably just sent it now so that we have it for when we go uni and can register there. Its the other form we need to do before we start

sawwah
X

Actually you do need to post off the medical form then give them your address so they can update their records if/when you go to the medical centre. (that said, if you don't all that happens is that you will have to fill in / give in your form when you need an appointment, but it is an unnecessary hassle and will mean longer waits)
(edited 12 years ago)
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Potally_Tissed
I'm not aware of any hall that uses a card instead of a key. Some use your student ID card to get into your block, but your flat and room still use actual keys, unless they've changed it in the last year but given how new the hall is I really doubt that.

Don't know how it works in Bill Mo.

At Royce you use your student ID to get into your block then you're free to roam around everyone's flats as there aren't any ID cards or keys needed to get into them. It's the same in Cayley.
When you arrive.

Which?

Never heard of that happening.

Pole dance society.

:cry:

It was probably for the best.
Original post by Melting Sugar.
Pole dance society.

:cry:

It was probably for the best.

Oh yeah isn't that the most popular society?

Still surprised they fill up before term even starts.
Oh yeah isn't that the most popular society?

Still surprised they fill up before term even starts.

I think so, although Dance might be but there are more spaces available - and they require auditions! (unsurprisingly considering its in the AU)
I think so, although Dance might be but there are more spaces available - and they require auditions! (unsurprisingly considering its in the AU)

That's AU though, not SocFed. The sports societies are probably larger on the whole. Do you have to audition to join, or just for their elite groups or whatever?
That's AU though, not SocFed. The sports societies are probably larger on the whole. Do you have to audition to join, or just for their elite groups or whatever?

Apparently all of them, including the beginners classes (just to check you have basic balance i'm guessing) - but I don't know for sure.
Reply 827
So do you leave the address blank on the medical form?
Reply 828
Actually you do need to post off the medical form then give them your address so they can update their records if/when you go to the medical centre. (that said, if you don't all that happens is that you will have to fill in / give in your form when you need an appointment, but it is an unnecessary hassle and will mean longer waits)

so do you just fill it in with:
Robert Bakewell Hall
Loughborough University
LE11 3UR

without a room number?
Original post by Sawwah
so do you just fill it in with:
Robert Bakewell Hall
Loughborough University
LE11 3UR

without a room number?

Shouldn't need a room number on the address for anything really. All your mail will go to the reception and (if it's like Butler Court) be organised into pigeonholes by your surname initial.
Reply 830
cool, thanks!
Reply 831
I did art foundation last year! Any questions ill be happy to ask :smile: x
Reply 832
Original post by aliceart92

Original post by aliceart92
Hey, I'm doing the Art Foundation at loughborough, applied for my accommodation this morning and got en-suite at cayley. Anyone else going there or does anyone know much about it?

Hey, ive got friends who are in Cayley. Great choice! I spent alot of my time there :smile: really friendly atmosphere!
Original post by teliza
I did art foundation last year! Any questions ill be happy to ask :smile: x

How did you find the course and what are you doing this year? Also, which hall did you stay in?
Reply 834
Original post by gibob

Original post by gibob
I managed to firm Elvyn in the end :smile:

Me too :smile:
Reply 835
Original post by teliza
Me too :smile:

are you annoyed that we go there on the 29th and miss out on two days of freshers? then lectures start next monday? that sucks. i hope its only a few becuase i really want to be able to enjoy freshers.

if i go to bed later than 11 then i cant get up till like 9 in the morning. which would be annoying if i had lectures there, im sure i would need to stay wide awake during them! :smile:
Original post by Sawwah
are you annoyed that we go there on the 29th and miss out on two days of freshers? then lectures start next monday? that sucks. i hope its only a few becuase i really want to be able to enjoy freshers.

if i go to bed later than 11 then i cant get up till like 9 in the morning. which would be annoying if i had lectures there, im sure i would need to stay wide awake during them! :smile:

Sucks but that's just how it works, otherwise if everyone came on the same day everyone would be stuck in traffic, then not everyone would fit into the union on the first night (as the first halls that arrive first tend to go to town by the second or third night of freshers).

Freshers week tends to carry on beyond the start of term for a week or two, so I'm afraid you're going to have to get used to late nights and early starts! :gah: I do wish Loughborough did start earlier though, it sucks when everyone back home is going back to uni in September and we have to wait till late September, or in my case this year, 1st October :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 837
Hey, i was wondering what everyone does with their valubles like passport etc. Do you leave it at home or have a safe or what?

Also, does anyone know what kind of hob you get in robert bakewell in Loughborough?
Original post by Becka-la
Hey, i was wondering what everyone does with their valubles like passport etc. Do you leave it at home or have a safe or what?

Also, does anyone know what kind of hob you get in robert bakewell in Loughborough?

I took mine with me and kept it in a folder in one of my draws. Unless you're a bit daft with your valuables (i.e. leaving your window open when you're out if you live on the ground floor and leaving stuff on display) you're not likely to get your stuff stolen.

The cooking appliances in all of the halls are electric (bit of a pain in the arse, I know).
Reply 839
not too much because last year i was doing art foundation at lufbra :smile: so its all quite familiar :smile:. Dont worry there will be plenty of time to make the most of freshers :smile: and have an epic time!

Really dont worry about getting up, almost everyone is in the same position! There will be plenty of allowance for settling in at the beginning of term :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending