Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    Not that I'm aware of (unless things have changed from last year). But note that you will have to pay hall subs when you move in - these pay for loads of freshers stuff and the upkeep of the common room (or at least Butler Court's were), and they also vary from hall to hall. Butler were fairly lenient with payment of subs though - I think there were still a few people that hadn't paid at Christmas - but I'm not sure what other halls are like.
    On the Loughborough website hall sub is £100, is ths the same price wherever your accomodation is? I am in Telford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetmango)
    On the Loughborough website hall sub is £100, is ths the same price wherever your accomodation is? I am in Telford.
    Bummer. Bill mo is £75

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetmango)
    No, it's different for each hall.

ReputationRep:
    It varies by hall. It's also higher for freshers than for returners. £100 sounds high, I assume that's one of the most expensive.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this had already been asked but I can't seem to find it anywhere. When do we find out our term time address? I wanna be able to speak to the people I'll be living with! I know that friends going to other unis are doing this already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BonaSwirl)
    I don't know if this had already been asked but I can't seem to find it anywhere. When do we find out our term time address? I wanna be able to speak to the people I'll be living with! I know that friends going to other unis are doing this already.
    You won't find out your address or who you're living with until you get there.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh okay, never mind! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BonaSwirl)
    Ahhh okay, never mind! Thanks
    You should be able to find a few people in your hall or on your course through the Loughborough Freshers Facebook page.

ReputationRep:
    Hall subs last year in Harry French were £60 freshers and £45 returners; I paid mine before I went in first year but didn't bother in second year and only paid it in about April when I was hassled by the committee and threatened with fines. £45 is a complete rip-off for returners as you don't actually get anything out of it; only those in the sport sec clique get to play IMS for the hall.

Hopefully new committee will be different for this year.

ReputationRep:
    From what time can you usually move into your room? I've got a date to move in, but not a time!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I am in BillMo, and the freshers sub is £75. However other halls, such as Rutherford I've seen, have a separate cost for Freshers week and Hall Subs which equals £90 in total. Does that mean that Billmo's cost includes both hall sub and freshers week or is that too good to be true?!

Thanks in advance x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom29whu)
    From what time can you usually move into your room? I've got a date to move in, but not a time!

Thanks
    You'll be able to turn up pretty much any time. I seem to remember I could book a time last year, I think the times were from about 8am to 6pm or you could say that you'd be coming earlier or later. I'm fairly sure that hall receptions (where you'll pick up your room keys/student ID) are open Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm so it's probably best to turn up between those hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom29whu)

Thanks
    I'm not sure about anywhere else, but bill mo is 9-4 and you have 30mins to unload car before taking it somwhere else

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in Elvyn Richards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel_Leah)
    I am in BillMo, and the freshers sub is £75. However other halls, such as Rutherford I've seen, have a separate cost for Freshers week and Hall Subs which equals £90 in total. Does that mean that Billmo's cost includes both hall sub and freshers week or is that too good to be true?!

Thanks in advance x
    Freshers sub for Bill Mo should be for the whole year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phobia27)
    Freshers sub for Bill Mo should be for the whole year
    still havent received any registration email or comfirmation that i have paid for my room bond? should i email adminssions again on wednesday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanLim93)
    still havent received any registration email or comfirmation that i have paid for my room bond? should i email adminssions again on wednesday?
    Checked junk mail, etc? Yeah no harm in asking to make sure.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Just wondering whether someone could play in the recreational sports if they were not on campus - i.e. living in Kingfisher Halls? I've heard of the inter-mural sport competitions (between the halls of residences) and everything but wondered whether off-campus people can get involved somehow? Any help would be great, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how parking permits are allocated for the unite halls (HF); is it through the security office or the hall warden?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigV)
    Does anyone know how parking permits are allocated for the unite halls (HF); is it through the security office or the hall warden?
    Through the security office.

First years can't get them unless they have exceptional circumstances, such as a medical reason, meaning that they require a car.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.