The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wednesday Bass
They say that, but I know a few first years who had cars in halls this year.

Interesting :holmes:

Any idea how? I know there can be exceptions but other than medical reasons I've never heard of any.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Interesting :holmes:

Any idea how? I know there can be exceptions but other than medical reasons I've never heard of any.

After the first 2/3 weeks when they've not sold out all the possible parking spaces. Though one of my mates did only get his in the 3rd term.
Original post by Phobia27
Checked junk mail, etc? Yeah no harm in asking to make sure.

I finally got them :smile: Quick question when do we pay for hall subs? A lot of people are talking about that and haven't received anything
Original post by IanLim93
I finally got them :smile: Quick question when do we pay for hall subs? A lot of people are talking about that and haven't received anything

You pay them to your hall committee when you've moved in. They'll ask you to pay on move-in day, but there'll be some lenience for those who don't have the money when you get there (at least Butler's committee was like this)
Reply 944
I'm sorry if this question has been asked before but I didn't have enough time to go through all the pages. I received an offer for Robert Bakewell a while ago. I accepted the offer and paid the room bond. Do you know when do I have to pay the rest of the money because so far I haven't received any new information about my accommodation? Also can I pay in installments if I use the online facility?
Original post by IanLim93

You can pay anytime before moving in on www.lufbra.net or pay on moving in day. They say you can't receive your key until you pay it, but you may be able to haggle your way out on the day. But the best option would be to just pay ASAP on that website.
Trying to pay for the hall subs now.

Is the username to log in the same as our student number? i.e bxxxxxx
Original post by xnatalie01x
Trying to pay for the hall subs now.

Is the username to log in the same as our student number? i.e bxxxxxx

Yeah.
I'm staying in Bill Mo and was wondering what exactly is available in the kitchen area? I'm trying to sort out what to take and I don't want to be taking loads more than I actually need!

Also do I need to get myself an NUS card before going to freshers week?
Reply 949
As it is my insurance choice, I have applied for the insurance and clearing form and on the official website, yet it says my application is blocked.
Any one know when I will be able to find out where I will be living?
Reply 950
Original post by ali25
As it is my insurance choice, I have applied for the insurance and clearing form and on the official website, yet it says my application is blocked.

The accommodation offers are due to be sent out on the 14th September :wink:
Reply 951
Ok thanks GameUK, seems a bit late though. Will be good to know where I'm living though :smile:
Reply 952
Do we have to bring our own desk chair?
Original post by Trey-Cii3
Do we have to bring our own desk chair?

No :smile:
Reply 954
No :smile:

Wow that was quick! Thanx
Also, is the room bond and hall sub the same thing?
Wow that was quick! Thanx
Also, is the room bond and hall sub the same thing?

No they're not. The room bond is the first part of your accommodation bill, which is basically a deposit to secure your room. The hall sub is separate and pays for things organised by your hall committee.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 956
No they're not. The hall sub is the first part of your accommodation bill, which is basically a deposit to secure your room. The hall sub is separate and pays for things organised by your hall committee.

Did u mean to say the room bond it the deposit?
If so, thanx, that really cleared things up. I was getting a bit confused :smile:
Did u mean to say the room bond it the deposit?
If so, thanx, that really cleared things up. I was getting a bit confused :smile:

Yeah sorry got that slightly wrong :tongue: Edited the post now :smile:
Original post by ali25

Original post by ali25

Look at the email you were sent - it tells you that you can't get past the registration and it gives you a link to an online form where you can give your preferences for accommodation. Unless you do this you won't get accommodation offered.
Reply 959
Yeah sorry got that slightly wrong :tongue: Edited the post now :smile:

Hehe! Tis alright. So when do I pay my hall sub? I've already paid the bond.

Latest