The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
do they normally mix girls and boys evenly or is it mostly 1 girl and 5 boys. or the other way round? i would like at least one other girl there in my flat!
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Sawwah
do they normally mix girls and boys evenly or is it mostly 1 girl and 5 boys. or the other way round? i would like at least one other girl there in my flat!

I've only ever known it be entirely male, entirely female, or fairly well mixed. I don't think they'd put just 1 girl in a flat, it would be none or at least 2.
Reply 982
i would like a couple of guys just so they could bring the flat screen tv and xbox :P
I'm taking my PS3. Wasnt allowed a 32" TV though so had to barter with my parents to allow me to take a 22".
I put stuff like football, sports, in my hobbies list. The result? I lived with 4 girls and 1 guy, none of them doing any sport. So don't look into that too much.
Original post by Sawwah
i would like a couple of guys just so they could bring the flat screen tv and xbox :P

This ! but ps3 not xbox :biggrin:
Reply 986
Original post by xnatalie01x
This ! but ps3 not xbox :biggrin:

i dont mind :smile: i have a ps3 but since i share it with my sister i cant bring it, and the wii is family. so i have to rely on others to bring theirs... :P
Reply 987
hi, does anyone know whether it's worth bringing an iron with you (first year, Royce accommodation)?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 988
Original post by Sawwah

Good to know that we are good for something :tongue:
Reply 989
Original post by tom29whu
Good to know that we are good for something :tongue:

haha, you know what i mean. Most girls would be more interested in making their room look nice (ahem... no i did NOT buy a fake plant for my room...), and i can't bring my own stuff. so, by using sterotypes of the boys i know and what people of the male persuasion are normally like (e.g. what i've read on forums :P), I make this assumption.

wow. that sort of sounded smart. :smile:
I've had some trouble with the online form for Hall Induction. After filling out the first page (Interests, marriage status, religion ect), I try and submit and get an error telling me that either I'm logged in somewhere else (not the case) or something has gone wrong.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?
Reply 991
Original post by Sawwah
haha, you know what i mean. Most girls would be more interested in making their room look nice (ahem... no i did NOT buy a fake plant for my room...), and i can't bring my own stuff. so, by using sterotypes of the boys i know and what people of the male persuasion are normally like (e.g. what i've read on forums :P), I make this assumption.

wow. that sort of sounded smart. :smile:

Lol can't argue with that!

I will have my 16" HD laptop hooked up to speakers with Sky Go and BluRay films to go with it.

Sounds like it won't be up to your standards though; I won't be expecting a visit from you.

:tongue:
Reply 992
ooh sky go! i'll be getting that too. do you need a tv license for it?

And i'm not a tv snob, i could perhaps lower myself for someone with JUST a laptop that you can watch tv on (and thats a MAYBE...) :P
Reply 993
Original post by mwhelan
hi, does anyone know whether it's worth bringing an iron with you (first year, Royce accommodation)?

I think I read somewhere Royce provide irons:confused::confused:. I am taking mine for Bill Mo :biggrin:.
Reply 994
Original post by Say My Name
I've had some trouble with the online form for Hall Induction. After filling out the first page (Interests, marriage status, religion ect), I try and submit and get an error telling me that either I'm logged in somewhere else (not the case) or something has gone wrong.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Might have put too much text in the interests section? I think there is a character limit.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Félix_x
Might have put too much text in the interests section? I think the is a character limit.

Cheers. It would have been useful to have the limit on display in the label...
Reply 996
Original post by Félix_x
I think I read somewhere Royce provide irons:confused::confused:. I am taking mine for Bill Mo :biggrin:.

ahh okay :smile: thanks, i might take one anyway - just in case!
Reply 997
Original post by tom29whu
Lol can't argue with that!

I will have my 16" HD laptop hooked up to speakers with Sky Go and BluRay films to go with it.

Sounds like it won't be up to your standards though; I won't be expecting a visit from you.

:tongue:

how do you get sky go? and do you need a tv license for it? and do you need to watch the programmes when they are on?

Sorry about all the questions. :P
Reply 998
Original post by Sawwah
how do you get sky go? and do you need a tv license for it? and do you need to watch the programmes when they are on?

Sorry about all the questions. :P

if you have a sky suscription (or knows anyone that does) google sky go, and register. you can register a device and use it as much as you want, and its free.

I asked a sky techy guy and you don't need a tv licence. its basically sky online, so you do watch the programmes when they are on, although I believe that some programs are available on anytime. its a godsend for me, it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say I'd be lost without my daily dose of sky sports :tongue:
Hi, does anyone know if there is TV reception in Bill Mo? Is is worth someone taking a TV with freeview on it?