Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they put some flats with similar people then can't be bothered for the other ones and just throw in anyone. :P

ReputationRep:
    do they normally mix girls and boys evenly or is it mostly 1 girl and 5 boys. or the other way round? i would like at least one other girl there in my flat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sawwah)
    do they normally mix girls and boys evenly or is it mostly 1 girl and 5 boys. or the other way round? i would like at least one other girl there in my flat!
    I've only ever known it be entirely male, entirely female, or fairly well mixed. I don't think they'd put just 1 girl in a flat, it would be none or at least 2.

ReputationRep:
    i would like a couple of guys just so they could bring the flat screen tv and xbox :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking my PS3. Wasnt allowed a 32" TV though so had to barter with my parents to allow me to take a 22".

ReputationRep:
    I put stuff like football, sports, in my hobbies list. The result? I lived with 4 girls and 1 guy, none of them doing any sport. So don't look into that too much.

ReputationRep:
    i would like a couple of guys just so they could bring the flat screen tv and xbox :P
    This ! but ps3 not xbox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xnatalie01x)
    This ! but ps3 not xbox
    i dont mind i have a ps3 but since i share it with my sister i cant bring it, and the wii is family. so i have to rely on others to bring theirs... :P

ReputationRep:
    hi, does anyone know whether it's worth bringing an iron with you (first year, Royce accommodation)?

ReputationRep:
    Good to know that we are good for something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom29whu)
    Good to know that we are good for something
    haha, you know what i mean. Most girls would be more interested in making their room look nice (ahem... no i did NOT buy a fake plant for my room...), and i can't bring my own stuff. so, by using sterotypes of the boys i know and what people of the male persuasion are normally like (e.g. what i've read on forums :P), I make this assumption.

wow. that sort of sounded smart.

ReputationRep:
    I've had some trouble with the online form for Hall Induction. After filling out the first page (Interests, marriage status, religion ect), I try and submit and get an error telling me that either I'm logged in somewhere else (not the case) or something has gone wrong.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

ReputationRep:
    haha, you know what i mean. Most girls would be more interested in making their room look nice (ahem... no i did NOT buy a fake plant for my room...), and i can't bring my own stuff. so, by using sterotypes of the boys i know and what people of the male persuasion are normally like (e.g. what i've read on forums :P), I make this assumption.

wow. that sort of sounded smart.
    Lol can't argue with that!

I will have my 16" HD laptop hooked up to speakers with Sky Go and BluRay films to go with it.

Sounds like it won't be up to your standards though; I won't be expecting a visit from you.

ReputationRep:
    ooh sky go! i'll be getting that too. do you need a tv license for it?

And i'm not a tv snob, i could perhaps lower myself for someone with JUST a laptop that you can watch tv on (and thats a MAYBE...) :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mwhelan)
    hi, does anyone know whether it's worth bringing an iron with you (first year, Royce accommodation)?
    I think I read somewhere Royce provide irons:confused::confused:. I am taking mine for Bill Mo .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Say My Name)
    I've had some trouble with the online form for Hall Induction. After filling out the first page (Interests, marriage status, religion ect), I try and submit and get an error telling me that either I'm logged in somewhere else (not the case) or something has gone wrong.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?
    Might have put too much text in the interests section? I think there is a character limit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Félix_x)
    Might have put too much text in the interests section? I think the is a character limit.
    Cheers. It would have been useful to have the limit on display in the label...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Félix_x)
    I think I read somewhere Royce provide irons:confused::confused:. I am taking mine for Bill Mo .
    ahh okay thanks, i might take one anyway - just in case!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom29whu)
    Lol can't argue with that!

I will have my 16" HD laptop hooked up to speakers with Sky Go and BluRay films to go with it.

Sounds like it won't be up to your standards though; I won't be expecting a visit from you.

how do you get sky go? and do you need a tv license for it? and do you need to watch the programmes when they are on?

Sorry about all the questions. :P

ReputationRep:
    how do you get sky go? and do you need a tv license for it? and do you need to watch the programmes when they are on?

Sorry about all the questions. :P
    if you have a sky suscription (or knows anyone that does) google sky go, and register. you can register a device and use it as much as you want, and its free.

I asked a sky techy guy and you don't need a tv licence. its basically sky online, so you do watch the programmes when they are on, although I believe that some programs are available on anytime. its a godsend for me, it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say I'd be lost without my daily dose of sky sports

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.