The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ru7lan
So the en-suite rooms in bakewell are bigger than the ensuite rooms in the halls that have a 39 week let?

Not 100% sure better ask someone who went in one of these halls!
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 1081
Original post by dudleyian
Not 100% sure better ask someone who went in one of these halls!

Ok well thnx, il hope that someone sees this post and replies to it since I don't know anyone else that I can ask :tongue:
Reply 1082
Was thinking if anyone can help me answer one question. Are the ensuite rooms in Bakewell and rig-rut much better/bigger than other ensuite rooms? And is it worth paying the extra money? Also is the kitchen in rig-rut and bakewell better/ more spacious than other ensuite rooms?

I'm just having trouble choosing so I wouldn't mind some help :tongue:

Thnx in advance
Anyone else thinking about going to Faraday? :smile:
Reply 1084
I am thinking about Faraday or maybe Royce! :smile:
Hey everyone :smile:
I'm currently in BillMo Ensuite if any one has any questions at all. x
Reply 1086
Original post by Rachel_Leah

BillMo? what hall is that? since i cant seem to find it
Original post by ru7lan

William Morris :smile:
Reply 1088

Can you please tell me more about BillMo since i was interested in applying there for an ensuite room. Is it far from the engineering departments and are the halls of god quality? i.e clean and not too old?
Original post by ru7lan

Oops sorry, completely forgot that's the shortened version ha.

Original post by ru7lan
Can you please tell me more about BillMo since i was interested in applying there for an ensuite room. Is it far from the engineering departments and are the halls of god quality? i.e clean and not too old?

It's far from the engineering departments, yes, however in my block of 45 people there are at least 5/6 people in engineering. Most of them have bikes and ride there, and are usually in lectures for the whole day so don't need to ride back and forth. I have an ensuite at the moment, I absolutely love it. It's of good quality, I've seen an en suite room at Leicester and Sussex and was very disappointed! The shower is better than my one at home, haha. You get a 4ft bed which is practically a double, and so much space for everything including under the bed, two chest of drawers, shelves, massive desk etc. Being self-catered is good too, because we are fairly close to town, which means when walking to Tesco we don't have to cover half the campus to get just half way there! The kitchens are nice, in ensuite you also get a living area with sofas, which not many halls have, so we are very privileged! Everyone who joined BillMo absolutely loves it, it is a very popular hall so make sure you apply early if you want it. x
Reply 1090
Oops sorry, completely forgot that's the shortened version ha.

It's far from the engineering departments, yes, however in my block of 45 people there are at least 5/6 people in engineering. Most of them have bikes and ride there, and are usually in lectures for the whole day so don't need to ride back and forth. I have an ensuite at the moment, I absolutely love it. It's of good quality, I've seen an en suite room at Leicester and Sussex and was very disappointed! The shower is better than my one at home, haha. You get a 4ft bed which is practically a double, and so much space for everything including under the bed, two chest of drawers, shelves, massive desk etc. Being self-catered is good too, because we are fairly close to town, which means when walking to Tesco we don't have to cover half the campus to get just half way there! The kitchens are nice, in ensuite you also get a living area with sofas, which not many halls have, so we are very privileged! Everyone who joined BillMo absolutely loves it, it is a very popular hall so make sure you apply early if you want it. x

Thank you very much thats is extremely helpfull. Would you say that its better than Rigg-rut or Bakewell? Since thats where im considering on applying.
Everyone who joined BillMo absolutely loves it, it is a very popular hall so make sure you apply early if you want it. x

Out of curiosity, how did the application process go for you? I'm thinking BillMo ensuite is my first choice at the moment, followed by the standard room and Harry French. Everyone says that it's really popular, but did that show when you were booking your room online? I mean, did all the rooms go almost straight away, or is it actually not-too-hard to get one if you go on the booking site as early as you are allowed to? Obviously some people managed to get the rooms, but I just wonder whether the ones who didn't were also the ones who didn't apply straight away, rather than there being a great mass of people trying all at the same time and only a few being lucky. Sorry if that's confusing :tongue:
Original post by ru7lan
Thank you very much thats is extremely helpfull. Would you say that its better than Rigg-rut or Bakewell? Since thats where im considering on applying.

Well, for self-catered it makes sense to be closer to the supermarkets tbh, unless you're up for getting a bus back every time which will become very expensive, as it will take 10/15 minutes before you're even out of campus if you live in one of those. Also, if you plan on going out a lot, BillMo is about 3 minutes from the union, which means you can go get a stamp, go back and predrink more (if you feel like it) and go out again so easily! Rigg-Rut and Bakewell are very nice as they are newer, the kitchen and living area is better, but IMO, it wasn't worth me paying more, as my loan was already stretched as it was with BillMo!

Original post by Village Whisper
Out of curiosity, how did the application process go for you? I'm thinking BillMo ensuite is my first choice at the moment, followed by the standard room and Harry French. Everyone says that it's really popular, but did that show when you were booking your room online? I mean, did all the rooms go almost straight away, or is it actually not-too-hard to get one if you go on the booking site as early as you are allowed to? Obviously some people managed to get the rooms, but I just wonder whether the ones who didn't were also the ones who didn't apply straight away, rather than there being a great mass of people trying all at the same time and only a few being lucky. Sorry if that's confusing :tongue:

It was okay, I logged on at 8.59am and was like oh no!!! as there were rumours that the system would crash on you if you logged on before 9 haha. But luckily it worked okay, all of the halls were on there when I went on but I know people who logged on at 10 past and BillMo, Bakewell, Elvyn and RiggRut were gone. Standard BillMo is good too :smile: But Harry French is alright, closer to town as well

x
It was okay, I logged on at 8.59am and was like oh no!!! as there were rumours that the system would crash on you if you logged on before 9 haha. But luckily it worked okay, all of the halls were on there when I went on but I know people who logged on at 10 past and BillMo, Bakewell, Elvyn and RiggRut were gone. Standard BillMo is good too :smile: But Harry French is alright, closer to town as well

x

Oh wow, just 10 minutes! I think I'll try to get on right at 9am and hope for the best, then. It seems like Harry French is a bit less popular so hopefully that'll still be there even if BillMo ensuite and standard have gone. I'll be in France on the booking dates though, so I really hope the internet works! I guess I won't have to do it 'til 10am though, 'cause of the time difference :tongue:

Do you think standard BillMo is better than Harry French?

You can use a certain method to greatly increase your chances of getting any hall.

Also, if anyone wants pictures of a BillMo ensuite room I might take some of mine.
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
You can use a certain method to greatly increase your chances of getting any hall.

Also, if anyone wants pictures of a BillMo ensuite room I might take some of mine.

...You can't leave it at that! What's the method??

Intrigued :holmes:
...You can't leave it at that! What's the method??

Its just a way that helps you become one of the first to view the choices. When I did it I had the option of everything.

Another protip is dont read the T&C's, just accept everything.
Its just a way that helps you become one of the first to view the choices. When I did it I had the option of everything.

Another protip is dont read the T&C's, just accept everything.

...I feel like I'm missing something, here? Or is the method getting on right at the start?
...I feel like I'm missing something, here? Or is the method getting on right at the start?

It just helps you get on to view the choices shortly after the system goes online. The system doesnt always go online at the precise second stated. The popular halls seem to go within minutes apparently.

Latest

Trending

Trending