Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Have confirmed my place in Elvyn today (unconditional)

ReputationRep:
    Confirmed my place in bakewell today (unconditional)

ReputationRep:
    Confirmed my place in Rigg-Rut today (unconditional)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sawwah)
    bakewell is bigger so has more events on like there is a summer bakewell ball coming up which should be great

also at the beginning your hall is like your team and you have chants, and a hall-off. and if its sunny you will have lots of space to relax in the quad. i think hazelrig is basically the same in terms of accomodation but you dont really get as much as baekwell in terms of activities.

i'm not really an outgoing person so i didnt really join in much, but i found it better as, because it was bigger, there was a much bigger chance of me finding friends. which i did

its up to you but thats why i picked bakewell

are you the twin sister ? I think we have met at 2011's UCAS open day at lboro

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NightKings)
    are you the twin sister ? I think we have met at 2011's UCAS open day at lboro

(Original post by NightKings)
    I don't remember anyone called NightKings :P but if you describe what you looked like then maybe i'll remember you (and by the way, even though it was a good way to say how you remembered me, almost every twin i've met hates being refferred to as a twin. Its like suddenly you're one person instead of two different people who happen to look the same. Just saying )

If any of you lot get block D flat 02 room 2 then congratulations! you have my room. also its a corner flat so you get the massive kitchen and the most fridge and freezer space as it is shared between five people. you even get a spare freezer drawer

It will be another lovely surprise on the day

Cross fingers its sunny in freshers i will try to pop round and see all the new people in their freshers tees if i can, so if you see a pair of twins (i'll probably be hanging round with my sister and some friends) then shout out your username REALLY loudly (trust me, it wont make you look THAT crazy...well. much)

and you all are going to have lots of fun

ReputationRep:
    I have an unconditional offer and missed the boat yesterday and didn't manage to get a place in bill mo because my account wouldn't let me apply for a room (long story, I was going to go in 2011 and ended up deferring last minute and my account still had the 2011 info on it) :cry:

What do you think are the chances of getting the room i want?

ReputationRep:
    so basically unconditional students applied yesterday for accommodation...?

conditional students (including me) can only apply from the 7th of june.. does that mean that we can't get in the popular halls (bake well and bill mo)??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mo-holland)
    so basically unconditional students applied yesterday for accommodation...?

conditional students (including me) can only apply from the 7th of june.. does that mean that we can't get in the popular halls (bake well and bill mo)??
    No, their system basically splits each hall into "rooms for people with unconditional offers" and "rooms for people with conditional offers" so the people with unconditionals don't just fill up all the most popular halls and leave everyone else with whatever happens to be left over. You've still got the same chance to get the room you want, just make sure you apply as soon as you can because some of them fill up reeeally fast.

ReputationRep:
    I think I asked this before but no one replied, so I'm asking again because this accommodation thing is stressing me out...It's like UCAS choices all over again...

Does anyone have an opinion as to whether the standard Bill Mo is "better/worse" than the 4ft bed Harry French room? I know the hall atmosphere might be different, but I mean the physical room.

Also, are there floor length mirrors in Bill Mo or just Harry French? (I'm between these two now, I think)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Village Whisper)
    I think I asked this before but no one replied, so I'm asking again because this accommodation thing is stressing me out...It's like UCAS choices all over again...

Does anyone have an opinion as to whether the standard Bill Mo is "better/worse" than the 4ft bed Harry French room? I know the hall atmosphere might be different, but I mean the physical room.

Also, are there floor length mirrors in Bill Mo or just Harry French? (I'm between these two now, I think)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oh5LcTmzHo

Video of all the different types of Bill Mo rooms. Hope this helps. It's an easy decision really, Bill Mo all the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanLim93)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oh5LcTmzHo

Video of all the different types of Bill Mo rooms. Hope this helps. It's an easy decision really, Bill Mo all the way
    Thanks, that was really helpful I think I probably will try for Bill Mo first, just not sure whether to try getting an ensuite or not...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, that was really helpful I think I probably will try for Bill Mo first, just not sure whether to try getting an ensuite or not...
    Ensuites tend to go quickly, i would go for ensuite. The kitchen has a better layout than the standard room. They have couches and the counter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanLim93)
    Ensuites tend to go quickly, i would go for ensuite. The kitchen has a better layout than the standard room. They have couches and the counter.
    Yeah, the kitchen area did look nicer/bigger on the video. I think I'll try to get an ensuite, then the standard, then Harry French. Thanks again, that really helped

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the kitchen area did look nicer/bigger on the video. I think I'll try to get an ensuite, then the standard, then Harry French. Thanks again, that really helped
    No worries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexlemon2)
    I have an unconditional offer and missed the boat yesterday and didn't manage to get a place in bill mo because my account wouldn't let me apply for a room (long story, I was going to go in 2011 and ended up deferring last minute and my account still had the 2011 info on it) :cry:

Don't worry folks, I got a room in bill mo earlier today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexlemon2)

I had exactly the same problem as you!
    Basically I had to reregister with a new account then change the link in the email to the imago one (the woman over the phone emailed it to me I think I still have it if you need it) when it asks you to confirm your account details via email

ReputationRep:
    Heya, don't know if I should go for Harry French, Falkner Eggington or Telford? Any advice/pros and cons?

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I have no clue what I'm doing for accommodation. So this thread should be quite handy

ReputationRep:
    http://www.facebook.com/lborouniversity

Some of the halls have released media videos of their respective halls. Worth a look.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 22, 2014

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.