Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockchickm)
    Which halls are generally the most popular ones?

I'm thinking about 1st - Harry French, 2nd- Falk-Egg, 3rd - William Morris
    I'd take a guess and say William Morris > Bakewell > Rigg-rut > Elvyn or Falk-egg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    I'd take a guess and say William Morris > Bakewell > Rigg-rut > Elvyn or Falk-egg.
    Sounds about right. When I applied for a room for 2010-11 I was told Elvyn, Bakewell and Rigg rut were the three most popular, but I'm pretty sure Bill Mo was for 2011-12.

ReputationRep:
    Hm, this time last week I was certain I'd go for Rig-Rutt, now, on the eve of my booking day, I'm starting to have second thoughts.. argh. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    Sounds about right. When I applied for a room for 2010-11 I was told Elvyn, Bakewell and Rigg rut were the three most popular, but I'm pretty sure Bill Mo was for 2011-12.
    I was going off what was most hyped up on here last yeah. Though I'd maybe say Bakewell seems to be the most hyped up this year.

Not sure about Elvyn, its quite expensive? Whereas William Morris feels so price efficient.

ReputationRep:
    I was going off what was most hyped up on here last yeah. Though I'd maybe say Bakewell seems to be the most hyped up this year.

Not sure about Elvyn, its quite expensive? Whereas William Morris feels so price efficient.
    Yeah. You pay a lot more for Elvyn than for Bakewell or Rigg Rut and the only difference is the food. Works out as a pretty expensive way to eat.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, what happens if you reserve a room and then go elsewhere through adjustment? Would you still get your money back?

ReputationRep:
    Currently booking accommodation now. Typically, they're having problems and half of the halls aren't even appearing on the site (I called up and asked)... Stressful panic, lol

ReputationRep:
    How hard is it to get accommodation like Robert Bakewell?

Like.. is it like a popular gig which sells out within a few minutes? Or is there a bit more time before the popular accommodation goes?

ReputationRep:
    Phew, got my choice

Like I said, they had problems at their end meaning that not all halls were displayed (I think it was BillMo,The Holt, Telford and Harry French that were shown), but I gave them a call (after many engaged tones) and they said they'd return a call when it's sorted So I managed to book my place at around 9:40. Very stressful, but it's sorted now I'm kinda envious of you guys who are applying tomorrow/friday, 'cos you probably won't have these problems, ha

Anyway, I'm in Rigg-Rut, so if any of you apply to there I'll be seeing you next year, hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alxndra)
    How hard is it to get accommodation like Robert Bakewell?

Like.. is it like a popular gig which sells out within a few minutes? Or is there a bit more time before the popular accommodation goes?
    Maybe a few minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe a few minutes.
    I doubt I stand much chance then :')

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please tell me what happens when I log in? Like kinda describe what the screen looks like, where I click, and all that please.

I intend to log in at about 1 second past 2pm and I'd like it if I knew what to expect as not to waste any time reading unnecessary stuff and looking for where to click and that.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kunle419)
    Could someone please tell me what happens when I log in? Like kinda describe what the screen looks like, where I click, and all that please.

I intend to log in at about 1 second past 2pm and I'd like it if I knew what to expect as not to waste any time reading unnecessary stuff and looking for where to click and that.

Thanks
    Ha, I did the same thing, logging in at 9: 00:01 :P

It's a 5-stage form thing, so I'll try and recite it from memory.

1st was logging in and checking details. Glance over these to make sure they're correct, then click continue.

2nd was Terms&Conditions. You have to agree to these to book, so you may as well screenshot/copy&paste the T&C and then click agree. You can always read it later, though it may be worth skimming over it first of all. Y'know, to make sure you're not selling your soul to the devil or anything.

3rd was where you pick your hall and room type. You can filter where (East/West/Village), catering (self-catered/catered) and room type (Ensuite, standard, etc.) Below that you'll have a list of all currently-available room types for each hall, so find the one you want and (iirc) you just need to click a button to select your choice. Alternately, if you want to make preferences then you can click a button at the bottom and it will take you to the page where you select your options in order of preference.

I can't really remember the 4th and 5th ones, but at one point you'll have to finalise your choice which will confirm the reservation. Then you need to accept some T&Cs again, and you'll see a confirmation/completion page. You'll get the same thing in an email, too.

Edit: The forms themselves are all pretty standard and easy to navigate. Just look for the generic grey buttons and you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenite)
    Ha, I did the same thing, logging in at 9: 00:01 :P

It's a 5-stage form thing, so I'll try and recite it from memory.

1st was logging in and checking details. Glance over these to make sure they're correct, then click continue.

2nd was Terms&Conditions. You have to agree to these to book, so you may as well screenshot/copy&paste the T&C and then click agree. You can always read it later, though it may be worth skimming over it first of all. Y'know, to make sure you're not selling your soul to the devil or anything.

3rd was where you pick your hall and room type. You can filter where (East/West/Village), catering (self-catered/catered) and room type (Ensuite, standard, etc.) Below that you'll have a list of all currently-available room types for each hall, so find the one you want and (iirc) you just need to click a button to select your choice. Alternately, if you want to make preferences then you can click a button at the bottom and it will take you to the page where you select your options in order of preference.

I can't really remember the 4th and 5th ones, but at one point you'll have to finalise your choice which will confirm the reservation. Then you need to accept some T&Cs again, and you'll see a confirmation/completion page. You'll get the same thing in an email, too.

Edit: The forms themselves are all pretty standard and easy to navigate. Just look for the generic grey buttons and you'll be fine
    Thank you!! I just NEED to get into Bill Mo!

ReputationRep:
    Undecided between Rutherford and David Collett.. which do you reckon is better please??

ReputationRep:
    Bill Mo... Sweet

ReputationRep:
    bill mo vs bakewell?

which one is the BEST??

ReputationRep:
    Bakewell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mo-holland)
    bill mo vs bakewell?

which one is the BEST??
    People who live in Bakewell will say Bakewell and people in Bill Mo will say Bill Mo

If I was choosing between those two (I've never lived in either of them) I'd go for Bill Mo just because I like being off campus.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, now I have to start getting all patriotic about my hall now right!?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 22, 2014

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.