Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kunle419)
    Oh god, now I have to start getting all patriotic about my hall now right!?
    Yes, freshers week will involve a great deal of shouting at people from other halls about how amazing your hall is because you live in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    Yes, freshers week will involve a great deal of shouting at people from other halls about how amazing your hall is because you live in it.
    LOL! Like this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8MPNbnsHC0 ?

ReputationRep:
    I think I will go for Bakewell!

ReputationRep:
    I just confirmed Bill Mo as It was the best one on my list

How long will it take to walk over to the engineering departments?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by berwick53)
    I just confirmed Bill Mo as It was the best one on my list

How long will it take to walk over to the engineering departments?
    15 mins, its faster to get the bus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    15 mins, its faster to get the bus.
    How much is the bus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by berwick53)
    How much is the bus?
    Free on campus with your student card.

ReputationRep:
    hellooo im applying for accommodation tomorrow morning and i was wondering if anyone could tell me which to choose between telford, butler court and harry french??? all single rooms because im poor but not doing the shared room thing... help meeeee

ReputationRep:
    All booked in for Rigg-Rut!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fazackerberry)
    All booked in for Rigg-Rut!
    Awesome! Seeya there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie.m24)
    hellooo im applying for accommodation tomorrow morning and i was wondering if anyone could tell me which to choose between telford, butler court and harry french??? all single rooms because im poor but not doing the shared room thing... help meeeee
    What about Village Court (Falkner-Eggington) one of the cheapest and it's going to be quite nice apparently

Also aren't Butler Court rooms shared?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockchickm)
    Also aren't Butler Court rooms shared?
    Not all of them :nah:

ReputationRep:
    If I don't do the preference of three and reserve a particular room instead, how much will I have to pay up front?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie.m24)
    Depends where you want to be location wise! HF is pretty good though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veeceebee)
    If I don't do the preference of three and reserve a particular room instead, how much will I have to pay up front?
    I did the reserve thing, and I haven't put in any bank details, so unless it's taken from my UCAS details, not a penny

Here's what it said in my confirmation email for what my reservation is subject to:
    1. The payment of the required room bond as detailed in the Contract. (First year Undergraduate Students still awaiting results - must be paid online within 8 working days of receiving your University Student Registration number by the admissions office after your Academic place is confirmed.)
    I assume that means there's nothing to pay until we accept our place at the uni

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know roughly how much the room bond is? Or does it depend which hall you're in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alxndra)
    Anyone know roughly how much the room bond is? Or does it depend which hall you're in?
    £140.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenite)
    I did the reserve thing, and I haven't put in any bank details, so unless it's taken from my UCAS details, not a penny

Here's what it said in my confirmation email for what my reservation is subject to:

I assume that means there's nothing to pay until we accept our place at the uni
    Oh so we don't have to pay anything until we are actually accepted on results day then? If so, then what is the point in the preference system? I thought they did it so that one option was free and the other one wasn't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veeceebee)
    Oh so we don't have to pay anything until we are actually accepted on results day then? If so, then what is the point in the preference system? I thought they did it so that one option was free and the other one wasn't?
    I have no idea, come to mention it...

Before I applied I had my debit card and bank details with me in case I needed to pay anything upfront, so I was surprised to see that I didn't need any of it..

ReputationRep:
    Help!! I had to apply for accommodation today at 2pm, but I didnt manage to login till 4, and my prefered accommodation (Telford) isnt available anymore...should I use the preference option or wait for tomorrow to see if I can choose Telford then?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 22, 2014

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.