Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I have put lboro down as my insurance choice for this year, and was wondering what accommodation would be available if I end up to coming here.

I live in the north of Scotland and so would obviously need accommodation. I'm not too fussed about the cost, but do any of you know if halls will still be available? I understand that some firmers won't make their offers also... If not would I have to find a place out of town, and what would this be like in terms of making friends etc?

Does anyone have any experiences?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AeroLB)
    Hi!

I have put lboro down as my insurance choice for this year, and was wondering what accommodation would be available if I end up to coming here.

I live in the north of Scotland and so would obviously need accommodation. I'm not too fussed about the cost, but do any of you know if halls will still be available? I understand that some firmers won't make their offers also... If not would I have to find a place out of town, and what would this be like in terms of making friends etc?

Does anyone have any experiences?
    It will be bit of a lucky dip regarding where has spaces left. In theory you could end up in any of the halls, though Telford and The Holt are a couple I know of that are usually undersubscribed.

I *think* they guarantee you a place in halls, they just don't specify which hall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syphillis)
    Did you happen to go have a look? I'm also curious to know what next year is going to look like.
    Hi, If you are moving to village court I will be your hall chair for this year. All of the kitchens, bathrooms, showers are brand new and the corridors have been done. The rooms have not been renovated but are spacious enough. Check out http://www.falk-egg.com/

ReputationRep:
    I have Loughborough as my firm and insurance so do you think they'd let me keep my chosen accomodation even if I got in on my insurance course?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all. I am a postgrad student and I just filled my app. In how many days should I expect an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alxndra)
    I have Loughborough as my firm and insurance so do you think they'd let me keep my chosen accomodation even if I got in on my insurance course?
    As long as lboro is your first choice you are garunteed accomodation in halls

ReputationRep:
    Those who got unconditional offer! Have you already received your registration packs and paid your room bonds?? Or am I the only one who hasn't....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matildaa)
    Those who got unconditional offer! Have you already received your registration packs and paid your room bonds?? Or am I the only one who hasn't....
    I have a room and have paid my room bond but haven't had a registration pack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matildaa)
    My offer's been unconditional for about a month now, and I haven't had a registration pack/paid either. I think I saw somewhere they'd send them towards the end of July? Anyway, you're not the only one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Village Whisper)
    My offer's been unconditional for about a month now, and I haven't had a registration pack/paid either. I think I saw somewhere they'd send them towards the end of July? Anyway, you're not the only one
    Okay, I got my offer about a month ago too so thats relieving to hear...Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexlemon2)
    I have a room and have paid my room bond but haven't had a registration pack
    im an unconditional student but i didnt receive any email about paying any money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ru7lan)
    im an unconditional student but i didnt receive any email about paying any money
    My room is a bit of a special case though as I got it from student services rather than from the accommodation website, when I got the room they directed me towards the room bond payment website and i paid for it on the same day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gpap)
    Hi all. I am a postgrad student and I just filled my app. In how many days should I expect an offer?
    Took them around 2 weeks to send me my offer. I think. Less than a month for sure.

What are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    msc low carbon building design and modelling in civil and building engineering dept.

what choices do I have if I want my own bathroom, if I don't get an offer in John Phillips? What do you advise me to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gpap)
    msc low carbon building design and modelling in civil and building engineering dept.

what choices do I have if I want my own bathroom, if I don't get an offer in John Phillips? What do you advise me to do?
    Try Harry French and get a bike?

ReputationRep:
    Are there rooms with private bathrooms in Harry French?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gpap)
    Are there rooms with private bathrooms in Harry French?
    There's a few studio flats but otherwise no, there aren't any ensuites.

ReputationRep:
    So, except John Phillips what other choices do I have? Kingfisher maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gpap)
    So, except John Phillips what other choices do I have? Kingfisher maybe?
    Halls like Kingfisher and The Cube are an option, yes. Have you looked at The Holt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gpap)

I'm MA Creative Writing. I'm going to be in Harry French. It's different housing for post-grads than undergrads. All the post-grad stuff has the essential stuff for a flat.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 22, 2014
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.